NFL 2015

As much as I like to think its cause he wants help, I think this is more of, not only a PR move on his part, but a forced thing by the Browns.
All I've heard this whole time is that the Browns are quietly really unhappy that he did this. They think it makes them look even more foolish for having drafted him last year and failing to provide a better support system or at least an atmosphere where teammates and coaches could keep him in line.

The Jacksonville Jaguars have $65.5 million in salary cap space, and they say they intend to spend it. That's more room than any other team in the NFL, meaning they can sign whoever they want. Combine that with the third overall pick in the NFL Draft and the possibly return of Justin Blackmon. We might finally have a football team.
You might want to temper your expectations. The Browns were in a very similar situation last year, with tons of cap space and a reported promise to spend a ton of it. You see where we ended up.

People may not like Manziel, but I hope he turn it around. He has potential, as does other young QBs', but I questioned his work ethic at first. He has the skills to be a nice passing QB that can scramble, but he has to and I mean HAS to put in more preparation and not be damn near drunk the day before a game. It's up to him to change his lifestyle, if he wants to really play long term and have an impact in the NFL. I think he could be the future of the Browns or be another mistake and a QB to mark off of their list. I remember when they drafted Courtney Brown, Tim Couch... Honestly, the only decent players they have drafted in the past decade in a half was Joe Hayden, Braylon Edwards, Kellen Winslow II, Jeff Faine, and thats about it in terms of long-term impact.

I feel for the fans and the franchise as whole.
Couch had some potential, but that offensive line would have gotten anybody killed. He tried his ass off, but it just wasn't meant to be. K2 had some potential, but once he trashed his knee being stupid on his motorcycle, he was ruined. Haden is the new regime's second best pick right after Joe Thomas. Thomas is a future Hall Of Famer who has made the Pro Bowl every season he's been in the league and been on the field for every snap since he was drafted. Courtney Browns was a solid pick. He was never injured in college and he had a series of knee injuries in the pros that you just could never have predicted.

If I were them I'd trade away the first pick and then draft Bryce Petty in the late 1st/early 2nd round. He's my #1 QB in the draft and if the Titans are able to get him plus some additional picks, they will be very good in a few years.
Bruce Petty has some intangibles, but he just doesn't have the arm strength to be a successful NFL QB.

Bruce Petty has some intangibles, but he just doesn't have the arm strength to be a successful NFL QB.
Michael Vick, Jay Cutler, Matt Stafford, and Nick Foles are among the quarterbacks with the strongest arms in the game. I would not consider any of them to be remotely successful. What matters most for quarterbacks in today's game is turnover ratio, pocket presence (mobility, awareness, intelligence), and a healthy offensive line. The quarterbacks who fit that mold are the most successful (Rodgers, Brady, Wilson).

The Titans have about $40M to spend, hopefully they do it wisely. They went on a spending spree two years ago, and other than Delanie Walker they pretty much wasted their money. They reportedly were pursuing Mark Sanchez, thankfully it looks like that won't happen. At least they have a high draft pick and the general feeling is that it's going to be USC DE Leonard Williams. The guy was a beast for the Trojans, should be a good addition.

Michael Vick, Jay Cutler, Matt Stafford, and Nick Foles are among the quarterbacks with the strongest arms in the game. I would not consider any of them to be remotely successful. What matters most for quarterbacks in today's game is turnover ratio, pocket presence (mobility, awareness, intelligence), and a healthy offensive line. The quarterbacks who fit that mold are the most successful (Rodgers, Brady, Wilson).

Offensive line is everything. Tony Romo sucks but he looked superhuman behind the best offensive line in the NFL this year. Then you have Jacksonville where Blake Bortles couldn't do **** because I'm pretty sure he sleeps on a bed made of grass since he's used to laying on it so much.

Looks like the Titans are gonna go after Steelers LB Jason Worilds. Dick LeBeau is in Tennessee now, so it makes sense.

So remember what I said about the Eagles doing dumb things...I was fine with Shady heading to Buffalo but not ok with our current situation where Riley Cooper is our number one receiver. Plus all this looks like Chip is selling the farm to get Mariotta some how...which will not work.

Frank Gore might be going to the Colts.

Patrick Willis from the 49ers, is retiring.

Last edited:
Jay Cutler to remain in Chicago. Gonna take John Fox about two seconds to realize he ain't Peyton Manning.

Only got a 4th and 5th for Ngata, that's terrible, and Owen Daniels just signed with Broncos. Hopefully we can resign Forsett, he seems like the only one left to resign

The 49ers just massively overpaid for Torrey Smith, he has terrible hands, and not a great route runner. I'm going to miss Torrey, but no way is he a Number 1 reciver

Teams making deals all over the place, and all the Titans have done so far is re-sign their punter and long-snapper, and drove a 26 year old QB into retirement.

Back
Top Bottom