NFL 2023-2024

I agree about the class of 21. I just can’t give up on Lawrence & the Jags. Doug Peterson is a good coach and I think they’ll get it going in the right direction. Does that make me delusional?😂

Also, if Trevor Lawrence keeps playing like ****, the Jags can't pay him what he's going to ask for. He's not proven he's a franchise QB. Way too inconsistent.

I don't think it's highly likely, but it's very possible the Jags go into the offseason looking for the franchise quarterback we haven't had since David Garrard.

What other options do they really have? Tim Boyle also sucks, anyone they pick up off the street probably wouldn’t be any good either, I’m not sure who’s realistically available for a trade. Their season effectively ended when Rodgers went down, all their eggs were in that basket.

I mean, Carson Wentz is pretty bad, but he would be an upgrade over Wilson for sure. If the Vikings lose next week, I wonder if they would be open to dealing Cousins since he's in the last year of his deal, and an 0-4 start might lead them to bail.

Wentz, trade for Mariotta. Literally anybody. He’s f***ing terrible. Also seems like a petulant child too.

^ this is the biggest problem with Wilson. He's an immature punk. He has the talent, but he just doesn't have it between the ears.

Not opposed to woman announcers, but this woman Beth Mowins calling Ravens Colts has the most annoying voice I ever heard.

^ the absolute WORST. Nails on a chalkboard. I have to mute the TV if she's in the booth to keep myself from stabbing my own ears with an ice pick. How she ever got a job in broadcasting is the world's biggest mystery.

The problem is higher up than Doug Pederson.

Trent Baalke is a franchise killer. The pass rush was a huge concern going into the offseason, and Baalke did nothing to address it. The cornerback position was a major concern, and Baalke did nothing to address it. The offensive line was a problem, and the only reason Baalke drafted Anton Harrison was because of Cam Robinson's suspension.

If Baalke's history in San Francisco is any indication, which it is, it's very possible Doug Pederson won't make it to the end of the season. It's now highly likely the Jags fall to 2-6 before the bye week - which could be the end for Pederson.

Frustrations will also be very high because a 10-win season and winning the division was the floor for this team, and now it's looking like winning 9 games and having an outside shot at the Wild Card is the ceiling.

There's no excuse for losing to Houston. None. And not only was it a blowout loss, their entire offensive line was injured. Yet the Jaguars defense let CJ Stroud, behind a JV practice squad O-line, look like Tom Brady, while Trevor Lawrence is playing like Brady Quinn.

I expected the Indianapolis game to be a slugfest and felt Richardson would be a huge unknown. I expected to lose to Kansas City. Losing to Houston is unacceptable, and the entire team looks really bad.

Very good points. I forgot about Baalke as I wouldn’t have him as a ball boy

Very good points. I forgot about Baalke as I wouldn’t have him as a ball boy

People can call me a fairweather fan or whatever, and that's fine, but if the next few weeks continue on this trajectory, I'm just done watching for the year.

Been a fan of this franchise since day one. Ever since Shahid Khan bought the team, it's been the most infuriating franchise to root for. Wayne Weaver wasn't the best, but the Jacksonville Jaguars were contenders more times than not on his watch. Come to think of it, this team's been absolutely cursed at the QB position ever since Jack Del Rio fired David Garrard three days before the season began and promoted Luke McClown to starting QB, something that lasted all of two games before the beginning of miserable, god-awful Blaine Gabbert era.

Once every 5-10 years, they have a great season, look like they'll become legitimate contenders, then they come out the next season, remember they're the Jaguars, and start off a new cycle of suck followed by the continuation of the permanent rebuilding process.

People can call me a fairweather fan or whatever, and that's fine, but if the next few weeks continue on this trajectory, I'm just done watching for the year.

Been a fan of this franchise since day one. Ever since Shahid Khan bought the team, it's been the most infuriating franchise to root for. Wayne Weaver wasn't the best, but the Jacksonville Jaguars were contenders more times than not on his watch. Come to think of it, this team's been absolutely cursed at the QB position ever since Jack Del Rio fired David Garrard three days before the season began and promoted Luke McClown to starting QB, something that lasted all of two games before the beginning of miserable, god-awful Blaine Gabbert era.

Once every 5-10 years, they have a great season, look like they'll become legitimate contenders, then they come out the next season, remember they're the Jaguars, and start off a new cycle of suck followed by the continuation of the permanent rebuilding process.

View attachment 73112

I totally get what you’re saying as it is frustrating to watch a poorly run franchise year after year. IDK how Browns & Lions fans do it/did it. In a way I’m surprised that Khan hasn’t tried to cash in by moving the team.

I totally get what you’re saying as it is frustrating to watch a poorly run franchise year after year. IDK how Browns & Lions fans do it/did it. In a way I’m surprised that Khan hasn’t tried to cash in by moving the team.

Honestly, it was more enjoyable being a Jaguars fan during the Blaine Gabbert/Chad Henne era. Yeah, there were only 3-5 wins a season, but you never actually had expectations.

2018-2021 were just infuriating. 2018, because they just came off the AFC Championship Game (MJWD), started out strong, then collapsed by week 5. 2019, losing Nick Foles week one. 2020, beating Indy week one, looking like we'd be contenders with Minshew, and then being the worst team in the league. 2021 was peak misery with Urban Meyer.

This season has me pissed off because it already feels like 2018. You come in with high hopes, multiple primetime games, Super Bowl buzz, and then, three absolutely dreadful performances, a near-loss and a blowout loss to what were supposed to be the two worst teams in the league. And there's no way the Jags can justify paying Trevor Lawrence if he keeps playing this bad - especially if they're going to have to rebuild again.

Mrs. Mahomes reportedly doesn’t like all the attention that Swifty is getting.

IMG_4678.jpeg

The problem is higher up than Doug Pederson.

Trent Baalke is a franchise killer. The pass rush was a huge concern going into the offseason, and Baalke did nothing to address it. The cornerback position was a major concern, and Baalke did nothing to address it. The offensive line was a problem, and the only reason Baalke drafted Anton Harrison was because of Cam Robinson's suspension.

If Baalke's history in San Francisco is any indication, which it is, it's very possible Doug Pederson won't make it to the end of the season. It's now highly likely the Jags fall to 2-6 before the bye week - which could be the end for Pederson.

Frustrations will also be very high because a 10-win season and winning the division was the floor for this team, and now it's looking like winning 9 games and having an outside shot at the Wild Card is the ceiling.

There's no excuse for losing to Houston. None. And not only was it a blowout loss, their entire offensive line was injured. Yet the Jaguars defense let CJ Stroud, behind a JV practice squad O-line, look like Tom Brady, while Trevor Lawrence is playing like Brady Quinn.

I expected the Indianapolis game to be a slugfest and felt Richardson would be a huge unknown. I expected to lose to Kansas City. Losing to Houston is unacceptable, and the entire team looks really bad.
You're one game out of first with the current tiebreaker over the Colts.

fracking saints.

Carr went down and it all went to he double hockey sticks

View attachment 73112

Myles Jack done retired without ever going to the super bowl.
Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, and teven Fergie and the Black Eye Peas has better SB resumes.

The Bengals look like zebras.

Eagles should be up more than 10 at the half.

Well never good to throw a pick but I'll take turning it into a safety.

And that wasn't even a perfect performance from the Eagles.

Eagles still rounding into form. Hurts can be much better as well. Don’t get me wrong, He’s not playing bad. But he has a much higher level he can get too.

Scorigami!!! 25-11

Scorigami!!! 25-11

I was wondering that, I was watching on my phone so didn't go check. I knew there was an 11 out there, but I wasn't sure if 25 was one of them.

Honestly, it was more enjoyable being a Jaguars fan during the Blaine Gabbert/Chad Henne era. Yeah, there were only 3-5 wins a season, but you never actually had expectations.

2018-2021 were just infuriating. 2018, because they just came off the AFC Championship Game (MJWD), started out strong, then collapsed by week 5. 2019, losing Nick Foles week one. 2020, beating Indy week one, looking like we'd be contenders with Minshew, and then being the worst team in the league. 2021 was peak misery with Urban Meyer.

This season has me pissed off because it already feels like 2018. You come in with high hopes, multiple primetime games, Super Bowl buzz, and then, three absolutely dreadful performances, a near-loss and a blowout loss to what were supposed to be the two worst teams in the league. And there's no way the Jags can justify paying Trevor Lawrence if he keeps playing this bad - especially if they're going to have to rebuild again.

The last year Carson Wentz was in Philly was supposed to be a very good year but it turned out to be horrible. Sundays came around and I had to force myself to watch. It was so frustrating. The next year the Eagles hired a no name coach as they were spurned by the big name guys. I had zero expectations and I was thrilled they made the playoffs.

I guess all that means is someday you’re the windshield and someday you’re the bug.

Eagles still rounding into form. Hurts can be much better as well. Don’t get me wrong, He’s not playing bad. But he has a much higher level he can get too.

I read this morning that Hurts and several other Eagles players had flu like symptoms which had to negatively impact them. The D is coming around but other than Swift the offense is inconsistent.

The last year Carson Wentz was in Philly was supposed to be a very good year but it turned out to be horrible. Sundays came around and I had to force myself to watch. It was so frustrating. The next year the Eagles hired a no name coach as they were spurned by the big name guys. I had zero expectations and I was thrilled they made the playoffs.

I guess all that means is someday you’re the windshield and someday you’re the bug.

Trevor Lawrence has been awful more often than he's been great. When he plays well, the results are incredible. He strung a good seven, eight, nine or so consecutive games together last year and the result was a playoff push. But this year has been all bad.

My main worry is that Trent Baalke will blow it all up during the bye week if the Jags limp into that 1-7 or 2-6, which at this point, looks extremely likely.

Baalke is a master at the art of self-preservation. It's HIS horrible draft decisions that have the Jags in this mess. To distract from that, he'd fire Doug Pederson in a heartbeat. At which point, I'd favor trading Trevor Lawrence because you're talking about another rebuild in Jacksonville - the sixth of the Shad Khan era.

Trevor Lawrence has been awful more often than he's been great. When he plays well, the results are incredible. He strung a good seven, eight, nine or so consecutive games together last year and the result was a playoff push. But this year has been all bad.

My main worry is that Trent Baalke will blow it all up during the bye week if the Jags limp into that 1-7 or 2-6, which at this point, looks extremely likely.

Baalke is a master at the art of self-preservation. It's HIS horrible draft decisions that have the Jags in this mess. To distract from that, he'd fire Doug Pederson in a heartbeat. At which point, I'd favor trading Trevor Lawrence because you're talking about another rebuild in Jacksonville - the sixth of the Shad Khan era.
You sure nailed Baalke as if you or I did our jobs like he does we’d be fired. It would be a real failure if the team moved on from Lawrence in so many ways. I hope it doesn’t happen and he progresses

It would be a real failure if the team moved on from Lawrence in so many ways.

It's still early, but Trevor's going to have a big ask when extension talks begin, and if this team, with this much talent on the roster, were to end up with a 5-12 record, it would be to be VERY hard for the Jaguars to justify paying a Joe Burrow type of contract to a man with an 18-35 record.

Someone else would pay it for sure though. Trevor Lawrence isn’t the problem.

Blake Bortles wasn’t the problem when he got scapegoated for the team’s collapse in 2018. Chad Henne wasn’t the problem in 2013, he just wasn’t the solution either.

Baalke sucks, but Pederson is a good coach and the Jags are loaded with talent. Trevor Lawrence is the answer and he's not going anywhere.

It's early. The sky isn't falling.

The biggest problem is the offensive line, which likely isn't getting fixed soon.

The cheerleaders could provide better protection for Trevor than the current line does.

Baalke sucks, but Pederson is a good coach and the Jags are loaded with talent. Trevor Lawrence is the answer and he's not going anywhere.

It's early. The sky isn't falling.
Exactly. I think a lot of teams would love to have Trevor Lawrence. I think he has all the physical tools to be one of the very best. I think he will accomplish a lot before it is all said and done.

Exactly. I think a lot of teams would love to have Trevor Lawrence. I think he has all the physical tools to be one of the very best. I think he will accomplish a lot before it is all said and done.

Trevor Lawrence has all of the tools you need in a franchise quarterback but he hasn't gotten the coaching necessary to put it together. His rookie year was marred by being coached by Urban Meyer and that's a horrendous place to start. People forget how essential coaching is to success in sports, especially for younger guys.

Back
Top Bottom