NFL 2023-2024

Trevor Lawrence has all of the tools you need in a franchise quarterback but he hasn't gotten the coaching necessary to put it together. His rookie year was marred by being coached by Urban Meyer and that's a horrendous place to start. People forget how essential coaching is to success in sports, especially for younger guys.
I agree. They need to fix that problem not TL.

not-to-add-salt-to-an-open-wound-but-this-picture-is-v0-351wngj9nfqb1.jpg

Speaking as a Raiders fan, I'm really happy the Broncos exist in their division right now. It's the only way the Raiders are staying out of last place. 🤬

Trevor Lawrence has all of the tools you need in a franchise quarterback but he hasn't gotten the coaching necessary to put it together. His rookie year was marred by being coached by Urban Meyer and that's a horrendous place to start. People forget how essential coaching is to success in sports, especially for younger guys.
The offensive coordinator (Press Taylor) needs to go.

That’s the start and would be a huge step.

My main point again is that, Baalke’s history in San Francisco and Jacksonville tells us Pederson will be ousted if they don’t turn it around fast in Duval County. Which would set up another tumultuous offseason.

The offensive coordinator (Press Taylor) needs to go.

That’s the start and would be a huge step.

My main point again is that, Baalke’s history in San Francisco and Jacksonville tells us Pederson will be ousted if they don’t turn it around fast in Duval County. Which would set up another tumultuous offseason.

Pederson was Baalke's hire though, correct? As long as they are getting along, Pederson isn't going anywhere unless the team drastically underperforms, and I don't see that happening.

Jim Harbaugh left San Francisco because he hated Baalke, and Baalke won the power struggle because Jed York is a terrible owner. They really lucked into Lynch/Shanahan.

Pederson was Baalke's hire though, correct? As long as they are getting along, Pederson isn't going anywhere unless the team drastically underperforms, and I don't see that happening.

The whole process that led to Doug Pederson getting hired was stupid, but it somehow, miraculously, ended with Doug Pederson.

The saving grace at the moment is that the AFC South sucks. But if Jacksonville loses to Atlanta and Buffalo while Indianapolis and Houston keep improving, the Jags could leave London in serious trouble. Especially having a rematch against the Colts, which I expect Indy to win, then having to go to the Superdome where Trevor Lawrence struggles.

3ou0epjf9xs71.jpg

Jack Del Rio and Rich Bisaccia are laughing their asses off somewhere.

Jack Del Rio and Rich Bisaccia are laughing their asses off somewhere.

I miss Rich. He knew how to maximize team chemistry and get guys to play for each other. I still don't understand how he could lead a team to the playoffs, take the eventual AFC champs right down to the wire, and not get the opportunity for another season.

People would say that he wasn't head coach material because of being special teams coach, but the fact is he's coached practically every position in the game at the college and pro levels. Not to mention Belichick and Harbaugh were special teams guys at one time.

Genius Josh is not the guy...

It certainly isn't the same Packers team we've lost to all these years, but eventually I'll have to be more open to accept that it's not the same Lions team either. With the division the way it is, I'm starting to believe more and more that we might actually win the division!

It certainly isn't the same Packers team we've lost to all these years, but eventually I'll have to be more open to accept that it's not the same Lions team either. With the division the way it is, I'm starting to believe more and more that we might actually win the division!

They look like the real deal. The running game is the real key. Goff is good if it isn't primarily on him.

I miss Rich. He knew how to maximize team chemistry and get guys to play for each other. I still don't understand how he could lead a team to the playoffs, take the eventual AFC champs right down to the wire, and not get the opportunity for another season.

People would say that he wasn't head coach material because of being special teams coach, but the fact is he's coached practically every position in the game at the college and pro levels. Not to mention Belichick and Harbaugh were special teams guys at one time.

Genius Josh is not the guy...
Josh McDaniels is just this generation’s Norv Turner. Good OC but a bad HC. And like Norv, whenever he loses a head coaching job and goes back down to OC somewhere, his name still comes up for head coaching jobs for some reason.

Josh McDaniels is just this generation’s Norv Turner. Good OC but a bad HC. And like Norv, whenever he loses a head coaching job and goes back down to OC somewhere, his name still comes up for head coaching jobs for some reason.
Tom Brady made Josh McDaniels look good.

the Lions are a prime example of how to build a team from the inside out, they’re getting great OL push that’s allowing them to game control clock, that’s how you win games consistently in the NFL. Under .500 GM's take notes, but probably not lol.

Also, there might not be a better use of a timeout we see all season that had direct affect on win probability than
the one Bengals HC Zac Taylor took that turned a would be Rams touchdown into a fieldgoal on MNF.

Reminder….. 09:30 game this morning. Atlanta vs Jacksonville in London (ESPN+ ; Chris Fowler, Louis Riddick, Dan Orlovsky)

Back
Top Bottom