NFL 2023-2024

I love that even though they lead to the 4th quarter ESPN's win projector barely bumped over 50% for the Giants.
Screenshot_20231015_232854_Chrome.jpg

Lol the last few seconds did this

Screenshot_20231015_233744_Chrome.jpg

Of course, this game once again showed most of the flaws with the Giants. 10 out of 12 quarters held without a touchdown in this offense-happy era is pretty inexcusable. The OL and receiving corps are as bad as you’ll see. Tyrod played fairly well in spite of that. At least it wasn’t an embarrassment like the last two SNF/MNF games.

The NFL has a serious problem now.

The postgame show is dedicated to litigating that non-call.

Credit to Collinsworth for not beating around the bush too much, and to Terry McAuley for being less of a league apologist than some broadcasts function as.

But god damn, I can't wait for one of the networks to drop the "golly gee whiz, wasn't that probable missed penalty call that decided the game just the wildest thing?" tone and tell it like it is. If it falls in his lap, I know that Troy Aikman won't mince words.

Credit to Collinsworth for not beating around the bush too much, and to Terry McAuley for being less of a league apologist than some broadcasts function as.

But god damn, I can't wait for one of the networks to drop the "golly gee whiz, wasn't that probable missed penalty call that decided the game just the wildest thing?" tone and tell it like it is. If it falls in his lap, I know that Troy Aikman won't mince words.

I think we’re at the point that even the commentators are pissed off, which is why I say the league has a problem now.

There was a terrible roughing the passer call earlier in the game too that pissed Cris Collinsworth off.

All else aside, I'm not sure why you turn to the jump ball play there, which has a much lower success rate than teams act like it does. Why not spread the field again, shotgun, and let Taylor pick from two short out routes that he was nailing all the way down the field?

so upset - the Saints are better than this

I'm kind of worried about Thursday night against the Saints. Not a lot of rest and several key injuries. If Trevor Lawrence doesn't start, I may be on suicide watch the whole game.

This could be worse though. And honestly, it's just the Saints.

I'm kind of worried about Thursday night against the Saints. Not a lot of rest and several key injuries. If Trevor Lawrence doesn't start, I may be on suicide watch the whole game.

This could be worse though. And honestly, it's just the Saints.

ARRRGH marquis.....

Depends on which team shows up. The D is wayy stronger than past years so if your QB is 'ception prone could be a long night for you.

Of course, this game once again showed most of the flaws with the Giants. 10 out of 12 quarters held without a touchdown in this offense-happy era is pretty inexcusable. The OL and receiving corps are as bad as you’ll see. Tyrod played fairly well in spite of that. At least it wasn’t an embarrassment like the last two SNF/MNF games.

I thought Tyrod did a great job considering what he had to work with.

I got to see the 9’ers, Eagles & Bills games. None of them went as I expected to say the least. I’ll be cheering on the Chargers tonight.

The D is wayy stronger than past years so if your QB is 'ception prone could be a long night for you.

Trevor Lawrence is one of the most efficient passers in the league. He's only "interception prone" and "average" if you look at box scores and don't actually watch the games.

Thursday will be a low-scoring, defensive slobber knocker. Jacksonville defense has shut the run game down all year, so Alvin Kamara will be about as useful as a pet rock.

This is replacement refs level of bad now.

Too many games are coming down to this.
I’ll agree with that. Pretty much any close game with meaningful drives late seem to have this issue. I just don’t know if the NFL is really pressed to do anything. If it does, I’d actually expect it to come from Vegas, God only knows how much gambling has taken off the past few years.

I think we’re at the point that even the commentators are pissed off, which is why I say the league has a problem now.

There was a terrible roughing the passer call earlier in the game too that pissed Cris Collinsworth off.

Earlier in the day, Greg Olsen got pretty upset about a couple of the calls that went against the 49ers on the Browns go-ahead drive, including one really poor unnecessary roughness call for a hit to the head/neck area that Blandino even said was wrong. They pretty much marched the Browns down the field for them to seal the win.

As competitive as the league is, it doesn’t take much for the referees to make a big impact on the outcome of games.

Earlier in the day, Greg Olsen got pretty upset about a couple of the calls that went against the 49ers on the Browns go-ahead drive, including one really poor unnecessary roughness call for a hit to the head/neck area that Blandino even said was wrong. They pretty much marched the Browns down the field for them to seal the win.

As competitive as the league is, it doesn’t take much for the referees to make a big impact on the outcome of games.

To see the commentators rail against the refs as much as they did yesterday says it all.

The story of the game should’ve been Tyrod Taylor, who deserves the starting QB job.

I’ll make two points:

Every quarterback should be afforded the same protection under the rules as Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen, Jr.

And offensive players need to be penalized more for some of the hits they lead in with on defenders. Often times, doing so to draw a penalty.

Back
Top Bottom