NFL 2023-2024

I almost had the gumption to change my pick this afternoon, since this is the week that makes no sense. Good for the Vikings, they have saved their season for now. Good to see the Niners taken down a peg.

I felt good about this one tonight. I just wish I wouldn't have been so conservative with Addison's total yardage, I could have won a lot more......

Screenshot-20231023-233027-copy-1080x1352.png

And I should have wagered more, but hindsight and all that. Considering the payout on such a small bet, I won't complain too much lol

One team that's flying under the radar is Pittsburgh. They're sitting at 4-2 and, as good as Baltimore is, I have a feeling they're gonna win that division.

There isn't anyone better in the NFL than Mike Tomlin at taking average rosters and turning them into playoff contenders.

I had a feeling that they were being slept on by the experts too. The Pittsburgh Steelers are easily the greatest franchise in NFL history, from the standpoint that, they're ALWAYS a great (good, at worst) team. Every year. No matter the roster, coach, they're always above .500 and always in the playoffs in some form.

One team that's flying under the radar is Pittsburgh. They're sitting at 4-2 and, as good as Baltimore is, I have a feeling they're gonna win that division.

There isn't anyone better in the NFL than Mike Tomlin at taking average rosters and turning them into playoff contenders.

I had a feeling that they were being slept on by the experts too. The Pittsburgh Steelers are easily the greatest franchise in NFL history, from the standpoint that, they're ALWAYS a great (good, at worst) team. Every year. No matter the roster, coach, they're always above .500 and always in the playoffs in some form.
In the 16-game era from 1978-2020, the Steelers were the only team that never won fewer than 5 games in a season. Their worst record in that time period was 5-11 in 1988, every other team in the NFL had at least one season when they were 4-12 or worse.

In the 16-game era from 1978-2020, the Steelers were the only team that never won fewer than 5 games in a season. Their worst record in that time period was 5-11 in 1988, every other team in the NFL had at least one season when they were 4-12 or worse.
They also haven’t drafted in the top 5 since taking Bradshaw #1 overall in 1970, everyone else except the Patriots has drafted top 5 this century. Just an absurd stat.

Respectfully, Pittsburghs not a threat.

They have 3 playoff wins in the past 10 years and scare nobody.
I agree, their defense will keep them in a lot of games but it’s hard to see them winning the division or going deep in the playoffs. Their offense is nasty and not in the good way. The Ravens’ receivers also did Lamar a huge disservice in their first matchup, they had seven drops.

I really like Mike Tomlin, but there is something missing in the process in Pittsburgh, because their whole identity has become finding ways to eke into the playoffs with a subpar roster. They haven't built a roster that can do any more for a long time. So it's easy to continue to sleep on them, because the ceiling is low.

I really like Mike Tomlin, but there is something missing in the process in Pittsburgh, because their whole identity has become finding ways to eke into the playoffs with a subpar roster. They haven't built a roster that can do any more for a long time. So it's easy to continue to sleep on them, because the ceiling is low.
Bingo.

Pittsburgh is awful. They're getting by with timely calls at the end of games. That won't last.

3 out of 4 Steeler wins they scored 14 points in the 4th quarter to win. For a teams with a crap offense the only way they get 14 in the 4th is Referees assistants.

That's the drawback. There have probably been a couple times since the 2017-18 season where Pittsburgh would benefit from a rebuild, but are just good enough to barely make the playoffs.

Just watch the replay of Cleveland Indy game. NFL needs to get a handle on these calls late in games. It's not a good look. I can't think of a year it's ever been this bad. I can understand why some people would think the NFL is rigged after the Steelers Rams and Cleveland Indy games.

You're insane. Steelers only winning because of BS calls. You have a feeling, lol... BTW Ravens are 5-2 get your facts straight. I'd bet anything you want 💩 sburgh don't make the playoffs.
After you sorry ass Jags beat them this weekend, barring any crazy 4th quarter calls they'll be well on there way back to .500

BTW Ravens are 5-2 get your facts straight

Did I say they weren't? No. I said the Steelers are 4-2.

They have a tendency to overachieve under Mike Tomlin. But as others have said, I also think it's what's holding them back. They're stuck in "just good enough to make the playoffs, not bad enough to get a good draft pick" hell.

Just watch the replay of Cleveland Indy game. NFL needs to get a handle on these calls late in games. It's not a good look. I can't think of a year it's ever been this bad. I can understand why some people would think the NFL is rigged after the Steelers Rams and Cleveland Indy games.

I didn't feel bad for Indy just because they were gifted a free win against the Ravens. And are usually on the positive side of piss poor officiating. First time the Colts get screwed by the refs and Irsay is crying so much that there are probably flood warnings in Indianapolis. Fukk the Colts.

Do you know how many Jags/Colts games I've watched where the refs just made calls in favor of the Colts or against Jacksonville that were mind-blowingly awful. I'll never forget the Colts getting to challenge a play on the basis of there should be a penalty, or a positive Jaguars play being OVERTURNED on review despite definitive, conclusive, absolute evidence to the contrary.

The Colts get away with a lot of **** so they can take all the seats.

Hell, the NFL tarnished Tom Brady's reputation because Irsay cried about deflated balls that were actually a disadvantage (based on the box score) for Tom Brady. Once the balls were properly inflated, Brady balled out. Prior to that, it was a close game.

After you sorry ass Jags beat them this weekend, barring any crazy 4th quarter calls they'll be well on there way back to .500

I don't trust the Jags offensive line, or Press Taylor's idiotic play calling, against the Steelers pass rush. This is going to be another defensive slugfest like the Bills and Aints games were.

I don't trust the Jags offensive line, or Press Taylor's idiotic play calling, against the Steelers pass rush. This is going to be another defensive slugfest like the Bills and Aints games were.
Bon Jovi wrote a song about the Steelers, Living on a prayer. If the Jags don't win it will be because of a bad call that either keeps a drive alive for the Steelers or ends a drive for the Jags. Then the Jags will get called for PI in the end zone so the Steelers can win. I'd suggest the Jags go into the game pedal to the floor just like the 49ers did. End the game in the 1st 1/2. I'm sure that's Petersons game plan, score every point you can.

Bon Jovi wrote a song about the Steelers, Living on a prayer. If the Jags don't win it will be because of a bad call that either keeps a drive alive for the Steelers or ends a drive for the Jags. Then the Jags will get called for PI in the end zone so the Steelers can win. I'd suggest the Jags go into the game pedal to the floor just like the 49ers did. End the game in the 1st 1/2. I'm sure that's Petersons game plan, score every point you can.

The problem for the Jags has been not scoring in the second half, and giving up too many points. Last year, they were scoring 14-21 (or more) points in the second half and overcoming double-digit deficits to win - as the Chargers and Cowgirls know. This year, they're giving up 14 points in a matter of 2 minutes in the 4th quarter.

Offensive woes got to get cleaned up. Pittsburgh and San Francisco are both going to be tough. But Baltimore's on the horizon too and only getting 21 points on offense isn't going to be enough the way Lamar Jackson is playing right now.

Back
Top Bottom