NFL 2023-2024

Steelers were 3-2 and Jags 4-2, and Justin Fields was already injured. It would’ve made more sense nonetheless.

Honestly, not that mad. The NFL and CBS did make this game as close to nationally televised as a 1pm game gets. Hell, we got JAX @ PIT instead of ATL @ TEN here in NFC South country.

There was MVP hype for Justin Fields in the offseason and the Bears were supposed to be much better than this. And the Chargers did make the playoffs last year and Herbert is supposed to be as good as Mahomes and Burrow. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Pittsburgh/Jacksonville or Cincinnati/San Francisco should’ve gotten flexed to SNF.
It was supposed to be two young “star” QBs from big markets. The Chargers weren’t supposed to be as poor as they have been either. But there’s no excuse not to flex this when it was apparent it’d be a bad matchup.

Thanks for the clarification. I guess you can't get all the predictions right and not every team is going to live up the expectations.

Steelers were 3-2 and Jags 4-2, and Justin Fields was already injured. It would’ve made more sense nonetheless.

To be fair, the Jags/Squeelers game was terrible. I'm for defensive games, but this game had practically zero offense and the final score doesn't reflect how remarkably lopsided the game was.

As a life long Cowboys fan for too many years I think: The Cowboys are great when they are on awful when they not, Jeckel and Hyde.

I dont think they are a SB team. Prescott is too inconsistent an interception machine underpressure

I think that relieving Jerry Jones of his GM duties would go a long way in helping the franchise long term.

Every single team in the league wins this game, except for the Giants.

Makes me wonder when else that has ever happened: 99.9% and it doesn't pan out. It was one of the most bizarre outcomes I've ever seen.

I can't honestly disagree with Daboll's decision to kick a 35-yard field goal. That should be a chip shot, and the Jets wouldn't have scored a TD to win with less than 30 seconds. The encroachment penalty was just as bad as the missed kick, as it stopped the clock on Wilson's first ling pass.

Got all the lame games out the window early, now it’s almost time for two real teams to play!

Joking aside, was Chicago/Chargers supposed to be a big game, or are some teams just contracted to have at least one prime time game per year?

I know the Bears got hammered but I think they might have something in the young QB that started. Yes he made a ton of mistakes but he’s got a good arm and did make some good plays. The Bears aren’t known for developing talent so I’m not sure if he’ll succeed.

Makes me wonder when else that has ever happened: 99.9% and it doesn't pan out. It was one of the most bizarre outcomes I've ever seen.

I can't honestly disagree with Daboll's decision to kick a 35-yard field goal. That should be a chip shot, and the Jets wouldn't have scored a TD to win with less than 30 seconds. The encroachment penalty was just as bad as the missed kick, as it stopped the clock on Wilson's first ling pass.
The conditions were pretty bad, but Zuerlein made two from the same distance Gano had just missed from. 35 should be automatic.

I’d also just like to see teams play normal defense late in games from now on. The Giants had the Jets shut down, then they dropped 8 on each of the final two plays in regulation and got gashed for 30 yards each time. If you can’t get pressure with 4 or 5 and get beat over the top, whatever, but make them beat you.

When was the last time an NFL defense jumped offside in that incredibly tedious "We're going to pretend we're going for it" scenario?

The Lions drive right down the field and then go braindead every time in the redzone.

When was the last time an NFL defense jumped offside in that incredibly tedious "We're going to pretend we're going for it" scenario?
There’s no way it works with any consistency beyond the high school or maybe college level anymore. I guess it doesn’t hurt to try in that scenario but lol regardless.

Lions had an easy TD but Brown wouldn’t let it fly. Even for a WR throwing the ball that’s a huge window to pass into.

That play is a good example of why you shouldn’t always rule it a fumble on the field. Sure seemed like the runner was down at the bottom of the pile before the ball was ripped out. And then you obviously can’t overturn it with all of the bodies in there.

That play is a good example of why you shouldn’t always rule it a fumble on the field. Sure seemed like the runner was down at the bottom of the pile before the ball was ripped out. And then you obviously can’t overturn it with all of the bodies in there.
There are also times when it’s not ruled a fumble, and had it been, the defense could have ran it back for a TD. One of those calls that can be a hard one to make.

Jimmy G and Davante Adams are a worse fit than Zach and Garrett Wilson. Garoppolo can't hit anything outside deeper than 7 yards, and it's painful to watch Adams beat his man by three steps and have the ball launched seven yards over his head again and again. He needs to get the hell out of Vegas if he wants his career back.

Lions dominated at the point of attack tonight on both sides of the ball, they're however real fortunate with the turnovers and Jimmy G & DaVante misfiring on numerous possessions when they were still in striking distance. A good home win for them nonetheless.

Jimmy G should not be a starter in this league. Serviceable backup, but no way is he a #1 option.

Wasn't the guy good in SF? His ability doesn't seem determined by the players he has to work with. Tonight, he was just missing passes, which is all on him. Did he not have those problems in SF?

Wasn't the guy good in SF? His ability doesn't seem determined by the players he has to work with. Tonight, he was just missing passes, which is all on him. Did he not have those problems in SF?

He's the definition of a "system QB" meaning he won't win you a game with his ability, but he might look competent when he's surrounded by talent and an offensive scheme that suits his strengths.

Josh McDaniels is an absolutely terrible coach and has no idea how to tailor his offense to his players, and we are seeing the result. Jimmy G was never anything more than a mediocre starter in this league.

He's the definition of a "system QB" meaning he won't win you a game with his ability, but he might look competent when he's surrounded by talent and an offensive scheme that suits his strengths.

Josh McDaniels is an absolutely terrible coach and has no idea how to tailor his offense to his players, and we are seeing the result. Jimmy G was never anything more than a mediocre starter in this league.
And Jimmy G was probably only signed in the first place because of their relationship from NE.

I don’t think Mark Davis cares too much though, the Raiders’ financial outlook is probably a lot better now that they’re the league’s mercenary franchise to gain a foothold in Vegas. And that’s probably what matters.

ALWAYS bet against Josh McDaniels.

Screenshot-2023-10-31-002648.jpg

^ Easiest money I have made all year. In hindsight, I wish I would have bet a lot more.

Back
Top Bottom