NFL 2023-2024

I'm not sure if Antonio Pierce is a good coach or if the Giants really really suck. Well, I mean I know the Giants suck, but maybe Pierce can coach too.
Teams always play great the 1st game after a head coach if fired.. I'd love to find a stat on that.

Teams have performed better after coach firings​

Difference in key metrics between head NFL coaches who were fired and the interim coaches who replaced them, 2016-20 seasons

MARGIN/GAMETOTAL MARGIN
COACHESWIN %EFFICIENCYPOINTSYARDSTURNOVERSTIME OF POSS.
Fired0.27034.85-5.37-36.88-20-36:50
Interim0.39639.06-4.36-29.58-11-20:58
Difference+0.126+4.21+1.01+7.30+9+15:52

I don't feel as bad as about this Cowboy loss as some others.
The Eagles maybe the best team im the league and tough to beat. At least it wasnt riddled by Prescott interceptions.
Not where they need to be, but something to build on.

Feels like that ending is what Dak and the Boys are always destined for. Can't take that sack, no sense about them after that.
I agree they just have a tough time executing in those situations.
I wish I wasnt as hard on Dak myself but he just doesnt make the plays in the big games, imo.

That game took 10 years off my life and felt like a loss TBH. Disgraceful 4th quarter and narrowly escaped an epic last drive meltdown against a division rival. I’m at a loss for words.

Apologies if I’m coming across entitiled. I’m sure I’ll feel better about it tomorrow.

That game took 10 years off my life and felt like a loss TBH. Disgraceful 4th quarter and narrowly escaped an epic last drive meltdown against a division rival. I’m at a loss for words.

Apologies if I’m coming across entitiled. I’m sure I’ll feel better about it tomorrow.
Being 8-1 right now is big when most everyone else in the NFC playoff hunt has three or four losses already. This bye comes at a good time and if they can go 3-2 over this tough stretch they’ll be in a really good spot with three more byes to end the season.

I picked Bangles to win. I want the Bills to win , it gives me great pleasure to see Borrows stupid face when they loose. This roughing the passer stuff is a joke.

The Bengals are finally starting to get back to form these past few weeks with Burrow’s calf looking better and better.

The Bills benefited from an extremely questionable false start penalty that took three points off the board for the Bengals, now it swings the other way with an extremely dubious intentionally grounding call.

Texans are glad they ended up with Stroud.

I really didn't think Stroud was going to be good in the NFL, for two (dumb) reasons....

1. Receivers are always open at OSU
2. Stroud has a pouty little bitch face

Then he played lights out against Georgia, and I started to think he might be the best QB in the draft. But then seeing him walk onto the stage after Houston picked him, and seeing his face again, I'm like 'yeah he still looks like a little crybaby who lost his lunch money, he's going to suck' lol

Clearly I was wrong, and I'm not surprised I was wrong because it was a ridiculous opinion anyway. But damn, he really looks like the best rookie QB to come out in several years. Houston has a VERY bright future

That’s a very curious interpretation of intentional grounding. Sure looked like a simple miscommunication between Allen and Davis. Not a throwaway.

Okay I’ve reffed HS football for 6 years so here it goes. You HAVE to make that call. If you don’t, then you could lie every time that “I meant to throw it there”. Officials aren’t in the business of mind reading, that ball was 20 yards past him. The QB and receivers are awarded special protections, if you chuck it not in the vicinity that is on you and not allowed

The Bengals come up with the perfect sequence of hit and mid-air punch at the ball to stop the Bills from driving. Big defensive play.

He's the definition of a "system QB" meaning he won't win you a game with his ability, but he might look competent when he's surrounded by talent and an offensive scheme that suits his strengths.

Josh McDaniels is an absolutely terrible coach and has no idea how to tailor his offense to his players, and we are seeing the result. Jimmy G was never anything more than a mediocre starter in this league.

Kirk Cousins is another example of a systems QB.

CJ Stroud continues to look like he'll become one of the elites.

This has got to be killing the Carolina Panthers, seeing Stroud put up historic performances one after another, when they literally sold the next five years of their future on Bryce Young.

CJ Stroud continues to look like he'll become one of the elites.

This has got to be killing the Carolina Panthers, seeing Stroud put up historic performances one after another, when they literally sold the next five years of their future on Bryce Young.

Idk if Stroud would be playing this well in Carolina though (and Young did just outplay him head-to-head last week, fwiw). The Panthers gave up so much and are still so talent-deficient around him. The only OL graded worse than theirs, no matter where you look, is the Giants’. And his best receiving option so far has been a 33 year-old Adam Thielen. Stroud is more of a traditional pocket passer than Young and I think he’d be getting killed even harder in Charlotte right now.

It’s easy to say with hindsight but maybe they would’ve been better off holding onto DJ Moore and the picks and taking Will Levis, though he fell down to #33 for a reason. I think that trade in general just killed them though.

Idk if Stroud would be playing this well in Carolina though (and Young did just outplay him head-to-head last week, fwiw). The Panthers gave up so much and are still so talent-deficient around him. The only OL graded worse than theirs, no matter where you look, is the Giants’. And his best receiving option so far has been a 33 year-old Adam Thielen. Stroud is more of a traditional pocket passer than Young and I think he’d be getting killed even harder in Charlotte right now.

It’s easy to say with hindsight but maybe they would’ve been better off holding onto DJ Moore and the picks and taking Will Levis, though he fell down to #33 for a reason. I think that trade in general just killed them though.

I wouldn't say Young outplayed Stroud. Carolina's defense just had an answer for him. Which, when a defense does have him figured out, he's extremely average. But he's a rookie.

Uh, does not look to me like the Chargers defender had "secured" the ball before sliding out of bounds, and I hope we get a more comprehensive review and explanation.

It's painful how every time the Jets get a drive going, a series of dumb errors is coming to end it. Wilson makes occasional good throws, but holds the ball too long other times, and they keep running slow developing plays rather than anything quick to overcome the pass rush.

They have the Chargers' offense completely neutered, the real difference in the game is the early punt return TD.

Back
Top Bottom