NFL 2023-2024

The Raiders needed to take the 3 points down 20-13 with 8 minutes left to play, and try to re-establish some sense of momentum. Now if they surrender even a field goal, it's a two possession game. This tactic of going for 4th and relatively short (3 in this case) with a deep ball is objectively a sub-20% conversion. I find it annoying how common it is attempted.

The Raiders needed to take the 3 points down 20-13 with 8 minutes left to play, and try to re-establish some sense of momentum. Now if they surrender even a field goal, it's a two possession game. This tactic of going for 4th and relatively short (3 in this case) with a deep ball is objectively a >20% conversion. I find it annoying how common it is attempted.
I don’t think the decision to go for it is bad in that case but it needs to be a much more high-percentage play call.

I don’t think the decision to go for it is bad in that case but it needs to be a much more high-percentage play call.

Agreed, it's debatable whether to go for it.

Alas, they got another chance still down 7, and collapsed with another set of of failed 3rd and 4th down attempts. Looks like the AFC won't need to worry about them sneaking into the playoff picture.

I watched the early portion of Steelers / Browns, and it looked like the Browns were obviously the better team even with their QB situation. But the Steelers always find some way to stick around. Looks like their luck could finally run out here.

The Jets' offense is picking up right where it left off. Bills' defense is swarming, the O-line can't hold up, and Wilson would have no chance to prove that he's good even if he was.

The Jets' offense is picking up right where it left off. Bills' defense is swarming, the O-line can't hold up, and Wilson would have no chance to prove that he's good even if he was.
I mean on the one sack he had an easy check down to Hall for 5 yards but he still just held it for no reason. Then on the one shot to Wilson he threw it 8 yards out of bounds.

I mean on the one sack he had an easy check down to Hall for 5 yards but he still just held it for no reason. Then on the one shot to Wilson he threw it 8 yards out of bounds.

Regardless, I'm sure it's all about to turn around, and we're about to witness quite the aerial attack.

Back
Top Bottom