NFL 2023-2024

Who? When? Why?

Typically, the argument is that no matter how impressive a player is, he must be on a good/winning team to be considered in the MVP race.
It’s the same argument they make with Patrick Mahomes. Sports media is just like the news media, narrative trumps context.

Best drive the Chiefs had all year last season was with Chad Henne in at QB. And the media made the argument that the Chiefs can’t win without Mahomes and the Eagles can win without Jalen Hurts.

What almost happened to Stroud with a possible concussion on a QB sneak is a good argument for why a team would be smart to develop a play where a RB switches positions with the QB pre-snap and then takes a direct snap and runs the sneak.

It’s the same argument they make with Patrick Mahomes. Sports media is just like the news media, narrative trumps context.

Best drive the Chiefs had all year last season was with Chad Henne in at QB. And the media made the argument that the Chiefs can’t win without Mahomes and the Eagles can win without Jalen Hurts.

Chad Henne 2021 stats: 11 completions, 82 yards, 0 TD

Chad Henne 2022 stats: 0 completions

I think these narratives are made up in your head.

The Saints had a far better chance there by leaving Hill in the game and using a series of draws and RPOs than going to the air with Winston. Three straight bad throws to finish them off.

The Saints had a far better chance there by leaving Hill in the game and using a series of draws and RPOs than going to the air with Winston. Three straight bad throws to finish them off.

Absolutely! He's been their leading rusher. Leave him in there and Detroit will always expect the run, possibly leaving a receiver wide open for a big gain. Seems weird to Use Carr and Hill together, then when Carr goes out, you utilize Winston. Seems like they have no faith in Hill as a passer.

Houston survives, and the Broncos' luck finally runs out. Thrilling finish to a hugely consequential game for both teams.

Goff underthrew that final ball and is lucky the receiver was able to grab it.

I feel like I say this every week, but this game has no business being this close. And yet, week in and week out, the talk is still about how good Detroit is. Like, are they really though??
This is what Jacksonville will do to me tomorrow. Let the Bengals stay in the game all night and it be a razor thin game when, on paper, it should not be close.

I picked the Jets thinking the AFC is so much better than the NFC that a bad AFC team would probably eke out one over a fairly bad NFC team. Nope, the Jets are totally hopeless. Still amazing that they are the only team to have beaten the Eagles.

Back
Top Bottom