NHL 2017-2018

Blue Jackets lose again. This team is terrible right now

Yeah they have something like only 17 regulation wins and it could be that Torts shelf life is coming to an end. They have a skilled team and should be doing better I think.

Yeah they have something like only 17 regulation wins and it could be that Torts shelf life is coming to an end. They have a skilled team and should be doing better I think.

Definitely. Panarin and Dubois are playing well, but everyone else is underachieving like crazy. It's extremely disappointing.

Torts was really getting the most out of these guys, up until this year. Talk about a complete 180. I'm beginning to understand why he didn't last long in NY and Vancouver.

Amazing game!! With 7 minutes left, Detroit was up 5-2. Detroit gets a 5 minute major and New York scores 4 goals on that power play to take a 1 goal lead. Then Detroit scores with 29 seconds left to tie the game. Whether we win or lose, I'm just glad we were at least able to get a point out of this thing.
How bad is their Power play defense of they give up 4 goals:eek:

Flyers are about where tye Flyers have been for years, good not great hanging around the edge of the playoffs

Definitely. Panarin and Dubois are playing well, but everyone else is underachieving like crazy. It's extremely disappointing.

Torts was really getting the most out of these guys, up until this year. Talk about a complete 180. I'm beginning to understand why he didn't last long in NY and Vancouver.

Good call as they Jackets should be competing for division lead and not out of a WC spot. The next few months are gonna be a lot of fun with the trade deadline and playoffs and end of season.

Watched a good game last night even though who was gonna win was never a question. Saw Toronto and Ottawa and saw 2 teams going different ways as Toronto's young guns got the job done. Hard to believe a year ago Ottawa was on top and now they look like crap.

Been watching some good games lately and saw the Blue Jackets fire over 55 shots last night yet still lose 6-3.

Flyers have been playing good, cant win a shootout to save our lives.

The teams we are chasing for the wildcard aren't playing too great and we are basically in a must win situation. Allowing the opposing team to score and take the lead with less than a minute to go is something that we can't be doing, which is what we did tonight. Two straight seasons without a playoff spot is tough, especially for a team that use to be so good.

I watched 3 games this weekend. I saw the Pens stay on track by winning Saturday and watched the Flames lose a must win game at home to the Panthers. Did the original 6 thing with Wings-Leafs last night and it had a lot of action with the game winner getting scored with around 30 seconds left.

Myrazek going to Philly is basically Detroits way of saying that our playoff chances are pretty much over. Disappointing because he has played very well recently, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

Saw the Flames and Av's play this afternoon and it wasn't the greatest of games but the Bruins and Leafs game was exciting with the game winning goal being scored with 90 seconds to go. Looking forward to the Preds and Blues tomorrow and the Blues season is slipping away.

Myrazek going to Philly is basically Detroits way of saying that our playoff chances are pretty much over. Disappointing because he has played very well recently, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.
I wondered where he came from must of missed the trade news...we basically gave you nothing for him?

Time to start really rooting against a few teams. Detroit is only 3 games out of the final wildcard position which is really what we have to work for since we're 20 points from the third spot in our division.

Flyers have been on a roll, have climbed all the way to second in the metropolitan division a point back of the Capitals.

Detroit traded yet another great player, for three draft picks...including one in 2021? I didnt even know teams think that far ahead.

The Flames were supposed to have one of the best D's in the NHL after paying a stupid price for Travis Hamonic. It has not worked out that way and they will be hard pressed to make the post season and heads should roll at season's end.

Good game between the Pens and the Leafs tonight with the Leafs getting great goaltending from Freddy Andersen and some great play from the youngsters.

The Flames-Isles game last night was interesting from the point of view that the Flames are in a battle to make the playoffs yet didn't show up prepared to play.

2 mins for scoring. Huh?

Goaltender interference, the NHL's version of the 'catch rule' in the NFL. Not that it would have changed the outcome Saturday night but hopefully the NHL gets this all figured out before the post season begins.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/new...-frederik-andersen/133tjmaweqht11jp4dbywlkikv

Freddy Andersen of the Leafs was molested in Buffalo on Monday and nothing happened and gets touched by a Pens player and it is a penalty that negates a goal. If Nascar can clean up fake debris cautions then the NFL and NHL can take care of catches and interference.

Freddy Andersen of the Leafs was molested in Buffalo on Monday and nothing happened and gets touched by a Pens player and it is a penalty that negates a goal. If Nascar can clean up fake debris cautions then the NFL and NHL can take care of catches and interference.
Inconsistency in making calls is a real detriment to any sport.

The Sharkies laid a nice beat down on the Flames at the Saddledump last night and put another nail in the coffin for their playoff hopes. This team has Brian Burke futility written all over it.

Flyers have been on free fall as of late

Current NHL Playoff Matchups

Here are the first-round playoff matchups, based on today's standings. The top three teams in each division earn berths in the playoffs. The next two teams in terms of total points in the conference, regardless of division, earn the wild-card spots. This provides a total of eight teams from each conference.

The top seed in each division plays one of the wild-card teams in its conference. The division leader with the most points plays the wild-card team with the fewest points. The second and third seeds in each division face each other in the first round.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/playoffs/matchups

And there you have it, Detroit is officially eliminated from the playoffs. Hopefully we can somehow improve next year. Our local team is affiliated with Edmonton and unfortunately they are out as well. Looks like I'll be rooting for Nashville and Vegas this year. Not going to become a Vegas fan, but it's good to see them doing so well in their first season.

Not a lot of NHL fans on these boards but for those that are and love the 2nd part of the season that's about to get underway..... Check out https://www.setvnow.com/ if you're a big fan of the sport or any sport for that matter. Or not as it really doesn't matter to me. I only tell you because I'm currently subscribing to it streaming my NHL game of choice. Mine mainly being the Penguins. All the games are there though. Same for the upcoming MLB season. I'm not a NBA fan but they are all there too. I posted about it in the cable cutters thread. I opted for the month to month service. I just finished my first complete month renewing the service yesterday. $20/month.

In the meantime, I posted this link a few posts up. http://www.espn.com/nhl/playoffs/matchups That page is updated each day with the current NHL playoff picture. Pretty cool watching it change almost daily.

There should be some good round 1 match ups with Toronto facing off against Boston or Tampa, Columbus and Pittsburgh and it will be nice seeing the Caps dispatch the Flyers.

Boston at Winnipeg tonite. Two of the top five teams in the NHL. Preview of a series coming late in the playoffs run? Wpg will have to get past Nash first though.

Although neither of the teams I watch are in the playoffs, I'm still pretty excited for them to begin. There are several teams out there who have played very well this year. I'd have to pick Tampa to go all the way, but several teams could give them a run for their money. Columbus has also come alive recently and looks very strong.

Too easy to get caught up in point totals for team leading into the NHL post season. You can throw all of that out the window. Any team can win on any given night. Strong teams can be beat, perceived weaker teams can win. There's nothing like playoff hockey. The regular season ends a week from Sunday. Match-ups are changing by the day. No doubt the parings will not be settled until the horn come that final Sunday.

Go Pens!

Back
Top Bottom