Not a hate crime....

Early on Bubba was all about being just another driver, and wanted no special treatment and I thought Petty was doing the right thing by presumably treating him like any other driver. Now Petty is either complicit with Bubba’s showboating or he’s stuck with with.

video from 2017 and damn near every stall has the same pull rope style. Stall #4 musta been a holdover.

Someone over reacted bigly. Bubba ran Dega in 2017 in the Xfinity series. Apparently it wasn’t an issue to him then or anyone in the garage.

This video tells it all 3.20 in the vid is a perfect example at JHN's garage.

Early on Bubba was all about being just another driver, and wanted no special treatment and I thought Petty was doing the right thing by presumably treating him like any other driver. Now Petty is either complicit with Bubba’s showboating or he’s stuck with with.

Context has changed has it not? ....and "showboating?" Again and again, the context that must change.

Please explain. Obviously ignorant.....

You make many assumptions about Bubba and his motivation. I would encourage you to attempt to see the world the way Bubba does before making those kinds of assumptions. That's the context I am talking about.

You make many assumptions about Bubba and his motivation. I would encourage you to attempt to see the world the way Bubba does before making those kinds of assumptions. That's the context I am talking about.
Do you teach kindergarten? You should. Young kids who haven't been jaded yet.

Nothing says integrity like pretending to be a victim.

Context again. There is no pretending in this society as we know it. Inexcusable.

Do you teach kindergarten? You should. Young kids who haven't been jaded yet.

I think we could learn EVERYTHING we need to know from kindergarteners. In this context, why must our reality be different?

Innocence lost.

Maybe it isn't innocence. Maybe it's insight. We get complacent....maybe we need to go back to how we started. It wasn't as diseased as this I bet.

Here’s the deal: I want NASCAR to show us photos, give us details and more information. So far we have photos that show the stall from 2019 (with the loop built onto the end of the pull rope to assist pulling it down) and the pic from this event that shows a very shortened rope with no loop. The FBI investigation is over. Therefore answer these questions:

Where was the rope and “noose” located when the crew member reported it? Show us photos. Did anyone recognize the rope as being identical to the pull rope on the doors? Which crew member found and reported it? Was the location and appearance immediately considered threatening? what was the condition of the rope attached to the garage door of stall 4? Was there evidence of that rope being cut?

Unless I‘ve missed it none of this information is being offered. The rope is too obviously linked to the garage door. So why the 5 alarm fire?

Is it possible a crew member thought a “noose” would add attention to the cause, elicit sympathy and offset the anger coming from fans over the flag issue? Yes. It is also possible this was a complete overreaction by everyone involved due to the hyper critical political situation. More facts, details and shared evidence helps us determine if it’s the former (with NASCAR wanting it swept under the rug to protect the team) or the latter (which is embarrassing enough).
FWIW, these indicate it was the only pull-down still presented in that manner in the garage and was cut down for evidence.

@Conover

Anyone saying there were no other loops tied into the door ropes please go to youtube and search "Talladega Garage Cam" you'll have to watch more than one video but I counted 4 stalls that had loops tied into them and there's probably more. Sorry to say to all those who say nascar acted appropriately, they did not, this is and will be a huge embarrassment for some time. :(

Anyone saying there were no other loops tied into the door ropes please go to youtube and search "Talladega Garage Cam" you'll have to watch more than one video but I counted 4 stalls that had loops tied into them and there's probably more. Sorry to say to all those who say nascar acted appropriately, they did not, this is and will be a huge embarrassment for some time. :(

Again, who cares? The reality is that we live in a world where it is reasonable to assume that the rope was a noose intended for Bubba. We will be where we need to be when that becomes that last thing we would think. This is the point.

huge embarrassment..oh the drama. The news machine has already left the building..on to the next one.

PR disaster. Back on CNN again this morning.

I wonder if Steve Phelps’ personal assistant has enrolled him in a suitable crisis management course yet?
I said it yesterday. Steve needs to be looking at apologizing to Bubba and the community, then resignation for incompetence. Following that, the PR team needs to be reorganized and put through better professional development with a focus on public information training.

PR 101. You don’t speak out on conclusions before an investigation ends, much less begins. You follow the lead of the FBI’s public information officers.

Again, who cares? The reality is that we live in a world where it is reasonable to assume that the rope was a noose intended for Bubba. We will be where we need to be when that becomes that last thing we would think. This is the point.

Wow I honestly don't know what to say to this, it was just a loop in a garage door rope and several stalls had them, I sincerely wish you all the best in life, peace.

When I saw the news late yesterday I really wasn’t aware of everything that was going down.

Now I see that an awful lot of people are very mad that a hate crime did not occur (or worse, insisting that it’s still a hate crime somehow). I also saw Bubba’s very regrettable appearances on The View and Don Lemon (lol).

Insanity.

When it first happened, I said wait and see what they find. I also included a link to a site where hate crime hoaxes had occurred. This site includes many like the ‘lab equipment KKK rally’ mistake.

One thing this incident does show, is that many people not only believe the worst, they actually want to believe the worst.

We’ve learned nothing since the Covington kids and Jussie Smollett.

coupled with the fact that they weren't using the garages this year it was a one day show and any extended time in the garage would be if they failed tech and needed to work on the car. Doubtful many of the brass were at the track and were getting the information second hand. Making the decision they made knowing the facts they had on hand that it was possible one of their drivers was possibly in harm's way they took what they thought was appropriate action..None of the 20/20 hindsighters were involved

in yo face was meant to mean, whatever..we would do the same thing again if we thought one of our own was threatened.

"and if given the evidence again, it would have done same thing and called the FBI."

Ropes2 (Small).JPG

Last edited:

Context my friends.

So if the rope and loop was hanging down from the garage in the same manner as last year's photo, someone on that crew alerted NASCAR of it as evil intent and they BOUGHT THAT???

If someone had cut it down and hung it up over a doorway, or laid it on the drivers window/seat/hood of the car, I would believe there was malicious racist intent. But hanging normally as it was, AS A GARAGE PULL ROPE???

That is too much reaction and hype for that. Makes me suspicious of intent by both the team and NASCAR. What might serve to help squash heavy angst reaction over a confederate flag controversy? A shameful act of victimization. Do I think this was intentionally played by the team and NASCAR? No. If discovered it would be devastating to the sport. Is it possible? Yes. A day ago the world was convinced that an atrocity had been carried out against a black driver. Why did it have to get to that? Phelps played it awfully heavy...going to Bubba to tell him about it...crying. NASCAR's president lit the fuse. He's either incompetent in judgement or the man who played this out for a public show. Either one deeply concerns me.

oh good grief man? If that was the only loop/noose on a stall door...and it magically appeared this past weekend....I think we all would be marching in lockstep with you.

it wasn’t, and isn’t, the only loop on a door rope and its one of many that have been there for years.

that being the case...to assume, initially, it was some racist signal to Bubba is taking things beyond what could and should be considered reasonable.

Why did it have to get to that?

Because we live in a world that made it conceivable. That is the point. We have to make this inconceivable. We aren't there, but we need to get there now.

Just saw the CNN video....yeah, he’s doing the full on victim status thing. Got the impression his take now is that the “fact” it was a noose means it was meant to send a message In some form or fashion. Just my impression. He’s going to ride this wave of fame for all it’s worth.

His CNN interview was not a good look. At all. And now with him continuing to make the media rounds it's really starting to appear that he is simply trying to gain sympathy and support for something that has been proven to be nothing more than an innocuous incident. And the motive at this point should be obvious to anyone paying attention here, it's to garner attention with the hope of cashing in on some new sponsors. He's taking this incident and running with it and it's starting to look very orchestrated.

oh good grief man? If that was the only loop/noose on a stall door...and it magically appeared this past weekend....I think we all would be marching in lockstep with you.

it wasn’t, and isn’t, the only loop on a door rope and its one of many that have been there for years.

that being the case...to assume, initially, it was some racist signal to Bubba is taking things beyond what could and should be considered reasonable.

It wasn't unreasonable in the world we live in. That is the point. Noose or no noose is not the point.

His CNN interview was not a good look. At all. And now with him continuing to make the media rounds it's really starting to appear that he is simply trying to gain sympathy and support for something that has been proven to be nothing more than an innocuous incident. And the motive at this point should be obvious to anyone paying attention here, it's to garner attention with the hope of cashing in on some new sponsors. He's taking this incident and running with it and it's starting to look very orchestrated.

The point is to draw attention to what is ****** up about society. Wow.

This is it. What's fascinating is I took a course in cross cultural counseling, and one of our first discussion prompts was a transcript of a (fictional) therapy session between Dr. D, and Gabriella, a Brazilian woman living in America.

The session opens up with her processing her anxiety associated with living with her white boyfriend, and she reveals she has a panic attack. The Dr. Then proceeded to discuss her coping skills and her anxiety with her, but she escalated and said she doesn't feel supported..she began to talk about family cultural pressure before telling Dr. D that he doesn't get it. Dr. D asks what it is he doesn't get, and that perhaps there's more to this than just her panic. Gabriella then states..she doesn't feel supported and that he is taking sides. He reflects this and validated this. Then, she says." do you understand what it's like being a Brazilian woman?".

Dr. D says, "of course I understand. I've worked with many Brazilian clients and am mindful of the struggles, which we have discussed before. But we all have more in common than we do differences. We are all human beings. I get that your frustrated, but let's talk about those panic attacks".

Gabriella: *silence*

The discussion prompt was then to consider if we agree with the way Dr. D handled her frustrations regarding being "missunderstood". So what's the issue here?

The issue is that Dr. D has no right to tell Gabriella that he "understands" he doesn't understand. How could he? He is a white male psychologist. Not a Brazilian woman. All this did, despite being somewhat factual, is reinforce her frustrations with being missunderstood, and invalidated her.

Same applies to Bubba..none of us can speak to his motivation, or his handling of the situation after the announcement because we don't know what it's like to be him. We can all talk about how WE would have handled it. And how WE think it should have been handled. And WE may be right. But that's us. Not Bubba. That's the false consensus effect. The bill of assertive rights states that we have a right to be the first and final judge of our own behavior.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It pains me to see that Rev is the only one here that is truly grasping what racism actually is. Bubba poor handling of this is a result of his own psychological demons due to racial biases.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom