N'wide at Iowa

I don't know nitro, I would be proud to be ignored by a few politicians, matter of fact we are, but I'm off topic, there are a couple of posters on here that I have on permanent ignore and a couple that earn it once in a while.

Assuming those two wankers aren't in fact the same person.

In a futile attempt to get back on topic....

If ever there was a case to keep Cup drivers out of NW and trucks, this weekend was it. No disrespect to Kyle Busch, but what we saw in the two lower-tier series this past weekend was much better than seeing KyBu stink up the show for yet another week.

The racing is much better when a Cup driver isn't running a minor league race with a Cup team and a Cup budget.

If ever there was a case to keep Cup drivers out of NW and trucks, this weekend was it. No disrespect to Kyle Busch, but what we saw in the two lower-tier series this past weekend was much better than seeing KyBu stink up the show for yet another week.
Why in the world would you want to do that? ;)

I agree. I know for me as a fan the lower tier series are much more exciting with out the cup drivers dominating. That is why I told Johali a few days ago that I was coming over to their side on that topic. I still realize that the lower series drivers need the cup drivers to help them become better drivers, but I think they could cut the amount of races back that a cup driver can be in and the lower series drivers will still learn enough to make it into a cup car someday.

I don't know nitro, I would be proud to be ignored by a few politicians, matter of fact we are, but I'm off topic, there are a couple of posters on here that I have on permanent ignore and a couple that earn it once in a while.
I agree with that 100%.;) You might notice that I don't hang out in the podium very often. That's because I get a headache when I think about politics.:D

It is for me. I'm glad those two twats won't be going out of their way to pick a fight anymore. :)

i'm not sure if that was aimed at me or not, and really don't care. but it appears i need to clarify my comments and then move on.

first, johanna long being female doesn't even come into play in my perception of who does or doesn't deserve a better ride.

second, the snowball derby video, the race that some tout as the race the qualifies her for a better ride, is nothing more than a driver exposing lack of talent. instead of going to the high side in turn one (she did have the faster car), she chose to follow on the bottom and look for an opening. fine and dandy. but when the racer in front of her got loose, she did nothing more than drive through him. not a turn of the wheel. not a tap of the brakes. just mash it. that isn't talent.

finally, i could care less about johanna long. but i took the time to pull up her stats because a few forum members had been touting her talents. those stats (and how bad they are) led me to ask the original question:

why does she deserve a better ride? the answer given : the 2010 snowball derby.

last call: unless the proof gets better, there are hundreds of drivers (male and female) that deserve a shot as much as johanna. based only on the 2010 snowball derby, is the only reason she has a ride because of family money (ala menard) or novelty (ala patrick)?

i'm open to reading more about her career successes, but those stats don't lie.

tracy williamson
delavan, wi

Okay Tracy, what was she supposed to do with two laps to go if a guy stops in front of you or gets loose? Slam the brakes, let him recover his car and let him win? MAke an erratic move and wreck herself out? I can't tell you how many times I've seen drivers wreck on the last lap or two because they went to the outside to avoid hitting a car in front of them that was slow or loose.

She held her line the entire time. And we're not talking about cars that are going 30 mph. Landon checked up coming off the corner and got spun. It happens all the time in short track racing. There isn't a single racecar driver in the world, not even Mark Martin, that would've lifted for Landon or made a move that would almost certainly cause them to wreck. Two laps to go in the most prestigious Super Late Model race in the country - all bets are off.

The thing that irritates me the most with the Cup drivers in minor league races is that they feel they're entitled to the win. If a Nationwide regular races them too hard, they whine and cry all the time about respect and how the rookie driver can't race them like that because "we don't do that in Cup" and how they need to get more experience before racing against the elite.

Um, you went down to the minor league race up against guys who are trying to get experience, for the sole purpose of winning and boosting your ego.

I've heard a lot of people say that Iowa Speedway should get a Cup race, and I know this point doesn't have to do with the actual racing itself, but this place is one of the least fan friendly tracks I have ever been to. I've been to just under 100 tracks (i think im up to 97), and this is certainly in the top 3 of tracks that are so greedy and out to rape the fans of their money. The first couple of times I went there their policy was "1 sealed of water is allowed in, no food", they changed the policy this time to just ""sealed bottles of water", I guess they must have been worried about getting in trouble with people getting dehydrated because they were only allowed 1 bottle of water? Gotta bleed the fans of every dollar, they gotta purchase $4 drinks and insanely priced food. I've never been to a cup race that had a policy like that. Of course I just sneak food in my pockets, F em. As far as the racing goes, I've been to 4 races there, is the average race at Iowa better than the average race at Michigan, Pocono, and a few of the 1.5 mile tracks? Maybe. A couple of the races I saw there were just as bad as a MIS race, a couple were better. Its not a great track by any means. And it's definitely NOT a short track. NASCAR could do far better than Iowa, doubt they will though. Based on the fan unfriendly policy/greed of Iowa Speedway I hope they will not be awarded a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race. I wouldn't be sad to see it become the next Nashville Superspeedway or Gateway....

The thing that irritates me the most with the Cup drivers in minor league races is that they feel they're entitled to the win. If a Nationwide regular races them too hard, they whine and cry all the time about respect and how the rookie driver can't race them like that because "we don't do that in Cup" and how they need to get more experience before racing against the elite.

Um, you went down to the minor league race up against guys who are trying to get experience, for the sole purpose of winning and boosting your ego.

I found it funny when JJ got frustrated with Kyle Larson at Phoenix and finally moved him, and then Kyle almost got back to him by the checkered. That was good racing; I don't know why Jimmie was upset.

Back
Top Bottom