N'wide at Iowa

How many of those drivers beat KyBu and every other short track hotshoe at the snowball derby and won like she did, plus the statistics aren't bad considering she is and was driving absolute junk with half assed crews. Points for and against any driver can be made by anybody but its tougher when points are deducted for gender.

Kyle Busch wasn't in the 2010 Snowball Derby.

to the Johanna supporters:

what in these statistics indicate that Ms. Long deserves a ride in top notch equipment?

http://racing-reference.info/driver/Johanna_Long

is this just anti-danica backlash? because i can think of a hell of alot of other racers that deserve a shot before she does.

jmo.

So, because she hasn't finished in the top ten with a third tier team in a series dominated by Cup Series superstars with Cup cars and Cup pit crews, she doesn't deserve a chance in a better car?

Or is this just Danica lovers thinking she's the only female who deserves a shot?

No he wasn't allowed in, I didn't make myself clear enough, check the snowball derby's they didn't kick him out of and she finished better than him in one, don't remember which one. Thank you for correcting my mistake. :sarcasm:

Cool story bro. She beat guys like David Stremme (who is a GREAT Super Late Model racer), Augie Grill, Bubba Pollard, Chase Elliott (who already is guaranteed a top-notch ride and is considered to be the greatest ever even though he's not that good), Ross Kenseth and Clay Rogers.

But it's easier to remain ignorant.

No he wasn't allowed in, I didn't make myself clear enough, check the snowball derby's they didn't kick him out of and she finished better than him in one, don't remember which one. Thank you for correcting my mistake. :sarcasm:

You're welcome.

Didn't he wreck her one year? Or maybe it was in the prelude race (Snowflake) that he dumped her?

Cool story bro. She beat guys like David Stremme (who is a GREAT Super Late Model racer), Augie Grill, Bubba Pollard, Chase Elliott (who already is guaranteed a top-notch ride and is considered to be the greatest ever even though he's not that good), Ross Kenseth and Clay Rogers.

But it's easier to remain ignorant.

I know exactly what took place in that race and exactly how she won it.

and this is the skill that deserves a better ride?

andy: you always post videos. why not this one? also, you bash on earnhardt and kyle, but think this is great racing?

i stand by my statement that the stats show nothing more than an average driver who is fortunate enough to be chasing her dream. good for her.

People say that Danica is only in Cup because she's marketable. Well, JL is a female and much younger. Shouldn't she be even more marketable? She isn't in better equipment because she's just an average driver.

People say that Danica is only in Cup because she's marketable. Well, JL is a female and much younger. Shouldn't she be even more marketable? She isn't in better equipment because she's just an average driver.

How can that even be judged when she is in a **** ride and get's the most out of it? To me, you're an average driver, if you just get out of the car what is reasonably expected or worse.. Anyone else they've put in the 70 has done worse.

I think it's because some think Johanna doesn't look as good as Danica does (FWIW, I think Johanna is attractive). There's a reason Danica has been asked to pose for magazines and do plenty of commercials, and it's not that the casual viewer thinks she isn't pretty.

Also, Danica has a 21.1 career average finish in Nationwide in elite equipment (that currently leads the points with Regan Smith in it) while Johanna has a 24.1 career average finish in subpar equipment. I think that's pretty telling.

How can that even be judged when she is in a **** ride and get's the most out of it? To me, you're an average driver, if you just get out of the car what is reasonably expected or worse.. Anyone else they've put in the 70 has done worse.

Does she not have RCR engines?

LOL that video, Johanna doing PIT maneuvers, she should be a highway patrol cop. :)

IMO Johanna is a good enough driver to be in the NASCAR circuit, Danica... she should go back to Indycar, she was decent there.

andy: you always post videos. why not this one? also, you bash on earnhardt and kyle, but think this is great racing?

i stand by my statement that the stats show nothing more than an average driver who is fortunate enough to be chasing her dream. good for her.
It looks like Kyle Busch must have taught her some of his tricks.;)

Does she not have RCR engines?

I don't know honestly but explain to me how she can run in the top 25 (finish 12 at iowa btw) and Tony Raines in the car finishes last or doesn't finish at all.

Just because she's not in the top ten every race doesn't mean she sucks. She deserves more of a chance then she's getting. The fact that she hasn't run all the races is a joke in itself.

I don't know honestly but explain to me how she can run in the top 25 (finish 12 at iowa btw) and Tony Raines in the car finishes last or doesn't finish at all.

It's my understanding that when she isn't in the #70 car, it's a different team. They just use the number. At least that's what I heard.

Damn right, short track racing at its finest, had that been Kyle Larson or KyBu bumping another driver for a win then everybody would be good about it because they are both "one of the boys". But it was a girl and that "Is" what short tracks are all about. By the way I was in the stands cheering her on. Some of you better get used to the girls being in nascar because there are more really good ones coming up through the ranks.

I think it's because some think Johanna doesn't look as good as Danica does (FWIW, I think Johanna is attractive). There's a reason Danica has been asked to pose for magazines and do plenty of commercials, and it's not that the casual viewer thinks she isn't pretty.

Also, Danica has a 21.1 career average finish in Nationwide in elite equipment (that currently leads the points with Regan Smith in it) while Johanna has a 24.1 career average finish in subpar equipment. I think that's pretty telling.

LMAO damn facts.

The Danica and Johanna comparisons are laughable. Johanna's earned everything she's ever got. It's people like Danica that give women athletes a bad name and the example that's set to women is that you have to take your clothes off if you want to succeed at anything.

Damn right, short track racing at its finest, had that been Kyle Larson or KyBu bumping another driver for a win then everybody would be good about it because they are both "one of the boys". But it was a girl and that "Is" what short tracks are all about. By the way I was in the stands cheering her on. Some of you better get used to the girls being in nascar because there are more really good ones coming up through the ranks.

The part the wankers forget to mention is that Johanna held her line when she got in to the other cars. The first incident, she was clearly on the bottom of the track and the slower car was blocking her. And the Cassill incident, she was on the gas coming off the turn (what you're supposed to do) and holding her line and Cassill checked up coming off the turn. Any monkey with eyeballs in their sockets can see that.

It looks like Kyle Busch must have taught her some of his tricks.;)

And THAT is how she won the Snowball Derby... 25 lap fresher tires and a solid bumper.

I'm not saying she can't drive but using that race to bolster her ability holds about as much water as a gooses a**.

And THAT is how she won the Snowball Derby... 25 lap fresher tires and a solid bumper.

I'm not saying she can't drive but using that race to bolster her ability holds about as much water as a gooses a**.
Kyle Larson and kybu among others have done much worse and you guys and gals that want to keep females out of the sport have praised them for it. I think it was good short track racing that pissed the "boys" off. A win is a win.

Kyle Larson and kybu among others have done much worse and you guys and gals that want to keep females out of the sport have praised them for it. I think it was good short track racing that pissed the "boys" off. A win is a win.

We can't have a civil debate on the subject if I'm going to have things which I've never said or thought attributed to me. I'm not a politician nor am I willing to defend words which I'm not responsible for.

We can't have a civil debate on the subject if I'm going to have things which I've never said or thought attributed to me. I'm not a politician nor am I willing to defend words which I'm not responsible for.

Yet you have no problem attaching quotes to other people for statements they're not responsible for.

Well excuse me but your idea of a civil debate is for you to set and or change the rules of the debate as you see fit, say what you want but limit what other people are allowed to say. Now, I am off to other things as this is almost getting "podium worthy" and I don't want to bother TRL.

Yet you have no problem attaching quotes to other people for statements they're not responsible for.

Andy, your days of spreading misery and terrorizing people on here may continue for how ever long they're permitted but you'll no longer receive any such satisfaction from this member. This ADULT has officially chosen to ignore you, your hate, your whining, your complaining and your diatribes.

Good day, sir.

Andy, your days of spreading misery and terrorizing people on here may continue for how ever long they're permitted but you'll no longer receive any such satisfaction from this member. This ADULT has officially chosen to ignore you, your hate, your whining, your complaining and your diatribes.

Good day, sir.

:partytime

Good day, sir.

Excellent move . Anyone who hates Nascar that much needs to be ignored.

There are a lot of things in life that would make me happy, proud, and want to dance...but having someone put me on their ignore list wouldn't be one of them.:rolleyes:

There are a lot of things in life that would make me proud and want to dance...but having someone put me on their ignore list wouldn't be one of them.:rolleyes:
I don't know nitro, I would be proud to be ignored by a few politicians, matter of fact we are, but I'm off topic, there are a couple of posters on here that I have on permanent ignore and a couple that earn it once in a while.

Back
Top Bottom