N'wide at Iowa

Racer1930

Team Owner
Bummer o_O

Looks like a track that will dry though - if it's not an all-nighter.

Nitro Dude

Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance
My fingers are crossed. I just had a delicious big bowl of chili and a salami sandwhich, and now I'm ready for some nonstop Nationwide and Indy car racing. But it isn't looking to good right now.

pistolshooter

Team Owner
My fingers are crossed. I just had a delicious big bowl of chili and a salami sandwhich and now I'm ready for some nonstop Nationwide and Indy car racing. But it isn't looking to good right now.
Nitro after eating both of those your going to explode hope you are no where near NJ lol

Charlie Spencer

Road courses and short tracks.
My fingers are crossed. I just had a delicious big bowl of chili and a salami sandwhich, and now I'm ready for some nonstop Nationwide and Indy car racing. But it isn't looking to good right now.
My wife makes thermonuclear chili. Washing the crock pot requires EPA funding.

I like the Indy cars, but I'd much rather watch anything at Iowa than Texas (or any other 'cookie cutter').

Nitro Dude

I had some left over pork & beans that I threw in the bowl also, so I don't know what might happen in a couple of hours. :flushed:

Nitro Dude

If we have to long of a rain delay then I might have to go order a pizza for a snack later.:D

Joniki

Team Owner
Contributor
I had some left over pork & beans that I threw in the bowl also, so I don't know what might happen in a couple of hours. :flushed:

I am certainly glad the wind is out of the east here. GEEZZZZ!!!

[email protected]

in the interest of equal time
Carl Long is entered ? We're finally going to see what Johanna Long can do without all those cup guys holdin her back.:D

Racer1930

Team Owner
Word is there are things happening - not sure what the cause is - could be some form of gas!

(sorry about the 12 sec ad - I try to avoid them but it's almost impossible - and at least the vids are still there

Racer1930

Team Owner
I used to love watching Godzilla when I was a kid :)
War of The Gargantuas, too...

I was a big Mothra fan - mostly because my Mom was afraid of moths - she thought they were like wasps and there was no talking her out of it :D

(I can still hear her telling Dad "Be careful Bob, they'll get ya")

Nitro Dude

Sam Hornish sure has a cute wife. Crystal has pretty eyes.

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
The most recent issue of Smithsonian magazine had an article on a Bhut-eating contest in India (where else?). Some of the entrants needed medical assistance.
It's wicked. I have ground Trinidad Scorpion dust, too. Mexican guy at work said he could eat anything hot, I ROASTED him with the Scorpion dust.

Racer1930

Team Owner
It's wicked. I have ground Trinidad Scorpion dust, too. Mexican guy at work said he could eat anything hot, I ROASTED him with the Scorpion dust.

Wow - I've even given up on regular Jalapeno's - I'm a serious slacker :(

Charlie Spencer

Road courses and short tracks.
I have co-worker who grows his own Ghosts. Last year he powdered some and mixed it into dark chocolate. Gods, that stuff was good!

Racer1930

Team Owner
Anybody grow turnips? I do in a couple big pots on the patio and I'm a huge hit at work when I bring them in - most folks just want the greens.

Racer1930

Team Owner
Interesting story about turnips - they are about the easiest food product plant to grow...you could probably grow em on Mars. In the early days of settling the midwest and west turnip seeds were hugely important. When the more glamorous crops failed the turnips always came through.

That's where the old saying "It's gonna be another turnip winter" came from...if your corn and beans didn't work out you always had turnips - a good source of starch and vitamins/minerals and they would keep you alive.

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
Interesting story about turnips - they are about the easiest food product plant to grow...you could probably grow em on Mars. In the early days of settling the midwest and west turnip seeds were hugely important. When the more glamorous crops failed the turnips always came through.

That's where the old saying "It's gonna be another turnip winter" came from...if your corn and beans didn't work out you always had turnips - a good source of starch and vitamins/minerals and they would keep you alive.
And...they're tasty.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck

Dang, learn something new every day, never heard that saying. I like turnips though

Top Bottom