Offseason topic.... If you could erase one rule from the MENCS rulebook, what would it be and why?

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by Old 97, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Old 97

Old 97 Team Owner

Although I have several that I would like to get rid of the first that I would like to see gone is the rule on rear gearing.
    I would love to see the teams use this option to push the limits.
    The risk vs reward scenario adds an element to the race that has been missing for too long.

2. Larsonfan1995

Larsonfan1995 Team Owner

The spoiler angle rule. Open that back up to at least a window to play with.

3. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

Everything that falls under the title, Nascar Playoff Season. Other than that, I'm good.

SeventyGTX, bigspud, pjmolo and 14 others like this.
  4. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

amend the uncontrolled tire rule, total B.S. penalty, has done nothing but screw up the race. As long as they are in the pit box it's good

FLRacingFan, Kiante, Turtle84 and 3 others like this.
  5. LewTheShoe

LewTheShoe Team Owner

Erase the policy that the winner is never disqualified, that the win is never taken away, no matter how dirty the driving or how egregious the cheating.

6. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Team Owner Contributor

7. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Crew Chief

I gotta go with DPK. Anything that has playoff in it. I wish we had the option of picking about 25.

FLRacingFan and Old 97 like this.
  8. Old 97

Old 97 Team Owner

That is absolutely my second choice!
    I’m glad it came up so quick!
    Especially with the huge spoilers coming back this year it would be great to see the different strategies that teams implement.

9. Old 97

Old 97 Team Owner

I was actually thinking basically rules that effect the car / crews.

I do however understand and agree with a lot of the opinions on the playoffs.

10. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

yeah gearing and spoilers are right up there at the top. Another lesser one in the same vein is shifting, Nascar tries to keep them from doing that by limiting the gear ratios at certain tracks.

Old 97 likes this.
  11. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

What about letting them run any height/angle spoiler they want, but limit the total width.

12. Old 97

Old 97 Team Owner

Naaa. LOL.

13. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

Loose or missing lugnuts penalty. Ridiculous. Thanks Tony......

14. NASCAR Apologist

NASCAR Apologist Crew Chief

15. Speedbowl14

Speedbowl14 Ryan Preece and short tracks

:D:D:D

**** me man I missed this humor

16. Ventisca

Ventisca Crew Chief Contributor

I don’t want more stages.

So, I’ll have to disagree. :)

17. kyle18fan

I don't want any

BobbyFord likes this.
  18. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

Playoffs, ahead of even the plate races I abhor. Every other change that's been introduced since I started watching the sport in '95 is tolerable, including stages, points systems, qualifying, wave-arounds, GWCs, etc. Playoffs, playoffs, playoffs.

Playoffs.

19. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

However if you lose control of a tire and it messes up another car, your car gets parked as well until he is back racing. Otherwise great way to defeat your opponent.

Ventisca likes this.
  20. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

Did I mention playoffs?

FLRacingFan and BobbyFord like this.
  21. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

It is a pass thru penalty historically, not weather you keep your damn hand on the thing or not.

Old 97 and Team Penske like this.
  22. Ventisca

then say that in your original post :)

23. Ventisca

Hammurabi's Code of sorts... :D

24. kyle18fan

Had I done that, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to discuss it with you :waver:

Ventisca likes this.
  25. Ventisca

If the Leader does not pit, then everyone behind the Leader who chooses to pit -- enters Pit Road at the same time.

That is correct -- JJ Yeley comes into the pits the same time as your Top 25 favorite driver.

The Leader at the time of the Caution is King for the Caution Laps and Restart. All others are part of the NASCAR Longest Line traffic jam Advertising-Mosaic -- mixed up between lappers and front runners playing strategy games.

Absolutely no NASCAR reshuffling to put any cars to the front in starting order based on overall position.

YOU are welcome!

:D

Team Penske likes this.
  26. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

That is a TERRIBLE idea. I HATE races where the second place car has to pick his way through a half dozen lapped cars to get to the leader. It makes the end of races pretty anti climatic.

Old 97 and Charlie Spencer like this.
  27. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

A couple rules I hate is the clock on crash repairs and the limiting of materials you are allowed to use to repair a car. I don't see how sending cars hurriedly patched back together with tape is an improvement over what we had.

Old 97 and FLRacingFan like this.
  28. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I don't see why they have a commitment cone, or why they keep the pits closed, a car should be able to come in whenever. It would jack things up a bit.

Old 97 and kyle18fan like this.
  29. rd45usa

rd45usa Team Owner

Lucky Dog Rule

30. jws926

jws926 Nissan Is Love, Nissan Is Life

There are lot of rules that I could I get rid of, but I am going with "Playoffs".

31. Ventisca

Then don’t pit.

Bottom line: stay out with the Leader or be prepared to race your way thru the field. :)

32. wi_racefan

wi_racefan Crew Chief

No ride height rule. I really think you'd make the racing better if you get the cars off the ground.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Old 97 likes this.
  33. DIDIT

DIDIT Old School Fan

Out of bounds at Daytona and Dega...if not, then it should be apply to every track.

SeventyGTX and Old 97 like this.
  34. Ventisca

(airing of grievances is going splendidly)

Old 97 likes this.
  35. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

NASCAR Playoffs, hated it since the start.

FLRacingFan, Greg and BobbyFord like this.
  36. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

I have seen a few tire changers think it was OK just to keep their eye on it. :D
    Apparently some of them are real slow thinkers but have trained well.

37. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

You will have stages even if it is just the flagman throwing the caution. One way or another they will take commercial breaks. How come people in other sports don't complain about these commercial breaks????

38. kyle18fan

Most racing series don't stop a race to get in a commercial o_O Moto-Gp for instance

Charlie Spencer likes this.
  39. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

I agree 100%, the cars should come off the track in the order of running at the time of the caution AND line up for the restart in the order they leave pit row. It would have been fun to see Danica line up on the front row.

Ventisca likes this.
  40. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

Never seen a car penalized for being to high.

Old 97 likes this.