Old Chase threads

Let me throw this out there..

Why didn't Gordon stay out to at least lead one lap? He could have save himself alot of grievance by staying out one extra lap to lead 1. I mean, he ran most of the race in the top 5 so he wasn't so far back to lead one by staying out. I mean, even Annett led one lap. LOL

Confirmation that Gordon and his team didn't give it their all. Like I said before, going into yesterday's race not one of the 8th had clinched a spot. That means they should have done everything in their power to get that spot. Like Dana White always says, don't let a decision go to the judges.

IMO, we have a 50-50 chance of getting a 'legit' champion vs a wild card type champion.

I DON'T CARE.

Before Texas, I was torn between pulling for Gordon or Harvick, even though Kez's Talladega performance was epic. You don't win a plate race without friends, but he found a way. After both Kevin and Gordon wanked out on the gentlemen racing crap, I thought Logano would be a good choice, but now I think Newman is the better choice.

What I have been seeing in the aftermath of Texas is cracks in the gentlemen's agreement, something I've been hoping for. Even among the core 'we're going to teach him how WE do it' crowd, some cracks are showing.

So, here's what I hope to see at Homestead. Newman goes full contact on Harvick and wins it all. Then the gentlemen will start feeding on each other, and we'll see hard racing all year long in 2015.

I haven't cared for the title in a long time. I know who the best driver was this season, next week doesn't change that. I will cringe if Newman wins the thing but Harvick or Logano? Those two guys would deserve the chip' more than most this season..

In the end, its a meaningless trophy.

Unless Gordon wins it then he is only 2 back from Earnhardt and Petty, right? Lol

You start the thread with the title of Screw the championship yet it was the first thing that you talked about. :confused: Correction..... We have 100% chance of getting a 'legit' championship. We have a 50-50 chance of seeing a bunch of delusional, Chase Hate, related threads leading up to next season. ;)

You start the thread with the title of Screw the championship yet it was the first thing that you talked about. :confused: Correction..... We have 100% chance of getting a 'legit' championship. We have a 50-50 chance of seeing a bunch of delusional, Chase Hate, related threads leading up to next season. ;)

So you're one of those guys who jump on and screw without even saying hello? :p

I'd say those are both 100% odds there buddy lol

Hopefully the tweakers will stay in their own threads with their delusion as to what is "fair" racing" and the rest of us can have a discussion about next years racing and last years moments. But as it is around here, there are some who just can't quit turning every thread into their own little agenda.

Unless Gordon wins it then he is only 2 back from Earnhardt and Petty, right? Lol

Well I thought Gordon has had the best season but if he only wins four titles, that doesn't tell me he's any lesser of a driver then Dale or Petty. Which is my point. Sure, fans that weren't watching in 2014 fifty years from now will only look back and see who won the title but that doesn't tell the whole story.

Jeff Gordon is argubly the greatest driver of all time whether I or anyone else likes it or not. The kind of year he had at this age is pretty remarkable.

Personally I love the hard racing and I love the short track feel of Newman's move on Larson at Phoenix yesterday. Newman moved Larson out of the way so that he could be in the final four.

Awwww. The uneducated babies think facts are instead trolling. I pity them.

NASCAR fanbase is easily the biggest group of whiners. Too many can't just enjoy the race/season/title run and get obsessed over the things they don't like.

Whaaaaaaaa!
But... but... but Jr's out... and now Gordon tooo ...
images

My favorite drivers didn't even make the chase, the second line are pretty much out of it, I am down to who I could care less if they won it. But the great thing is that the underdogs in this format are still in the running at the very last race.

the chase has been a joke from day 1 and it seems to get worse every year, of the 4 left what a sorry bunch guess Harvick would be the most deserving

Well I thought Gordon has had the best season but if he only wins four titles, that doesn't tell me he's any lesser of a driver then Dale or Petty. Which is my point. Sure, fans that weren't watching in 2014 fifty years from now will only look back and see who won the title but that doesn't tell the whole story.

Jeff Gordon is argubly the greatest driver of all time whether I or anyone else likes it or not. The kind of year he had at this age is pretty remarkable.

Well, I guess we'll never get that chance to find out how Gordon fans truly feel about the new Cup.

Honestly, Jr fans weren't this bad, if at all.
If at all is correct. Nowhere on here did I see Jr. fans crying after his elimination. Jr. fans don't come much bigger than me. It sucked that he was eliminated but he didn't do good enough, just like ever other driver that has been eliminated under this format.

My favorite drivers didn't even make the chase, the second line are pretty much out of it, I am down to who I could care less if they won it. But the great thing is that the underdogs in this format are still in the running at the very last race.

My nightmare is Hamlin wins. Why should he get all that respect and a championship too? We'll never hear the end of how wonderful he thinks he is.

The championship isn't meaningless if its going into the record books of NASCAR history. IMO I hope Newman wins and France just rethinks what monster he created this year, I look back in retrospect and say I like the idea. The actual concept is a good idea, but the actual execution of this renewed chase concept has me like... "I guess I'm wrong." as exciting as this season has been, I will definately watch and always will.

Kenseth won the 2003 chip with one win and it wasn't under the chase format. I don't know, I really try to stay away from the politics.

This championship isn't useless, but it damn sure will have a question mark. Also, what makes it more fun for me is that we will see new blood raise the trophy this year. To see any of them would be great to see and honestly the irony that Newman won 8 races 2003 and has a chance to win with none makes me laugh. IMO I would have liked to see Brad win a second trophy... Just sayin'.

And Terry Labonte beat Gordon in 96 with only winning two races to Gordon's 13. I guess that title doesn't count either.

I dont think I've ever seen this place so busy in the morning... regardless of anyone's opinion of anything... NASCAR's new system has us talking. Some too much lol

Bingo, Nascar created the Chase not because they wanted to, but because they had too. They were losing out on ratings because of boring races and laxed driving by the drivers. The Chase isn't to blame for the poor ratings, they drivers are. Nascar needed something to give these drivers incentive to race hard. While a playoff system seems silly for Nascar this is what they need to survive. While Nascar isn't stick and ball, they are living in a stick and ball world. Anyone who thinks Nascar can just go back to being a regional sport is delusional. Nascar has grown too big past that. It either moves on like it is now, or it grows. I mean, damn Nascar for trying to save the sport.

Can't wait to have Newman or Hamlin win when they don't deserve it. I'm getting quite sick of this format and it honestly makes me lose interest because i think it's a farce.

my dream finish at homestead :
43 place lagano
42 place Hamilton
41 place harvick
40 place newman
your 2014 Champ Newman finishing 40th in the last race with 0 wins, all 4 crashing out on lap # 1

the nastycar top brass would have a disaster on their hands

my dream finish at homestead :
43 place lagano
42 place Hamilton
41 place harvick
40 place newman
your 2014 Champ Newman finishing 40th in the last race with 0 wins, all 4 crashing out on lap # 1

the nastycar top brass would have a disaster on their hands
Oh, dear --- I can see the collective apoplexy now. ROTFL

Back
Top Bottom