On Going - Songs You Like

I'm only familiar with this song for mostly two reasons:
One, I have an 11 year old daughter who controls the remote in my truck when she's in it.
Two, Anna Kendrick used this song in a hilarious Saturday Night Live skit, so I curiously googled it.

It's not for everyone, obviously.
To each their own.
In case you didn't know, she recently had the top two songs on Billboard in her debut, a feat not achieved since the the Beatles.
We can argue all day what that says about today's music, but I enjoy the new stuff coming out in all genres.

It's not that I think the music is horrible. It's just that it's not my taste and it upsets me that songs about drugs and getting drunk get played all the time while there are many good songs with powerful meanings that are virtually unknown.

It's not that I think the music is horrible. It's just that it's not my taste and it upsets me that songs about drugs and getting drunk get played all the time while there are many good songs with powerful meanings that are virtually unknown.

I get you.
That's why many folks have turned off the radio and turned on to Pandora and the like.
I used to take music too seriously back in the day and become frustrated like you.
Now, I don't.
I used to hate rap for the reasons you stated.
I find it hysterical now.

I only like two songs off their new album, but this is one of my favorites that they have ever made.

This song has kind of a weird intro and the video has the wrong name in the first line, but, I am REALLY feeling this song today!

average age of a listener on the top 20 over and over and over stations is 15. Same with the top selling music in the country charts..or the pop. They buy most of the music and go to the events and the gatekeepers keep us supplied with a constant stream of young new faces for the youngsters. That is why utube is so important, good music hangs around, most of that formula music is outgrown.

Some really great songs came out of WWII that live strong today. With WWII so much in the news because of the 70th anniversary of the Normandy landing, this song might bring a tear to your eye and a lump in your throat.

Down Under our big Battle has it's 100 year anniversary next year.
The campaign was the first major military action of Australia and New Zealand as independent dominions, and is often considered to mark the birth of national consciousness in those nations. The date of the landing, 25 April, is known as "Anzac Day". It remains the most significant commemoration of military casualties and veterans in Australia and New Zealand.
Australian and New Zealand Army Corps....ANZAC

This is a song that about 95% of us can relate to, and that's NOT a good thing. These days, it's all about technology and it's slowly isolating us from everyone else. Think about the effort it takes to send someone a card on their birthday. By doing so, it shows that you truly care. Now, we've all got cell phones and instead of making the effort to send a card, we simply send a "Happy Birthday" text and move on with our life. Same goes for any other holiday. We could be spending time with our family, but we feel like talking to them on the phone or sending them text messages is sufficient. Technology is slowly killing us, but we don't realize it because we're so caught up in it.

This is a song that about 95% of us can relate to, and that's NOT a good thing. These days, it's all about technology and it's slowly isolating us from everyone else. Think about the effort it takes to send someone a card on their birthday. By doing so, it shows that you truly care. Now, we've all got cell phones and instead of making the effort to send a card, we simply send a "Happy Birthday" text and move on with our life. Same goes for any other holiday. We could be spending time with our family, but we feel like talking to them on the phone or sending them text messages is sufficient. Technology is slowly killing us, but we don't realize it because we're so caught up in it.

Reminds me of this ......

Reminds me of this ......

Always been a fan of that song, along with the lesser known remix by DMC featuring Sarah Mclachlan, which carries a somewhat different meaning. Families aren't as close as they should be these days.

A song about chance. Instead of being a "Robot" and always holding back because you're afraid of what may happen, do what you want and see how much your life may change for the better.

Postmodern Jukebox. Seriously, if you like music get on board with these guys. Scott Bradlee arranges all of this stuff. The are known from YouTube only, not the past conventional methods.
A few videos here. First one explains what they do. The others showcase otherwise unknown talents. These guys just got a European Tour gig. They are back and planning a U.S. tour. Very talented, very entertaining. They put a different twist on popular tunes.

Robyn Adele Anderson on vocals

Cristina Gatti

Puddles, the 7' Clown

Hudson Thames & Robyn Anderson

Go to their website and see other videos.
http://www.postmodernjukebox.com/watch-postmodern-jukebox-videos/
These guys are great and will be huge stars very soon.

Who 'dat, who 'dat,
dat...
do 'dat, do dat,...

"Weird Al" Yankovic - Handy (Official Music Video):

They've always been impressive, but they've really show a lot in the past several years!!

I feel like we all have those moments in life where we have a feeling of hopelessness. For some, it lasts a life time, but for others it happens on and off while others only deal with it a couple of times. Some deal with it hard, while others simply feel like they are fighting a lifelong battle alone without any help. With that said, this is one of the most depressing songs I've listened to, but I still enjoy it because it's real and something most of us deal with at some point in life.

This gal ain't coming out of Nashville any time soon. I got a free horse ranch to stay at so I guess I'm gonna get over there.

This song was done by Elton John, most thought it was an epic song in tribute to the hundreds of thousands who died due to AIDs...actually it was a somewhat selfish song by him against a previous lover...but no matter...it became the song every gay man had to know. I am not gay, but I (hope) that I wouldn't be afraid of it if I was. I KNOW that homosexuality is inborn. Not a damned thing you can do about it...period. You just like the wrong sex for some reason. Stuck.

A friend of mine (not a close friend - but a talking friend) was gay. He actually made a pass at me early and I just said something like - I sure would like to get in Cathy's pants...and that was it - done - over. He immediately understood. I have never understood the fear of gays although I will admit that some of them are flamboyant and make specticals of themselves.

That said...this song is for the hundreds of thousands who died of AIDs. I hope my old friend didn't.

I'm not much of a Led Zeppelin fan, but this is a great song. I can't believe somebody took the time to listen closely enough to figure out all the lyrics and write them out in this video.

You guys know, from this thread, that I like Postmodern Jukebox. They announced their first west coast dates.
I bought 4 tickets at a relatively small venue where you have dinner at a table before the show. I also got VIP meet & greet with the band that includes the pre-show sound check.
I'll be accompanied by 3 female friends :cool:
It will be an awesome concert.

Back
Top Bottom