On Going - Songs You Like

TFK just released their new album today. So far, I like about half the songs, but it may grow on me and I'll eventually like them all.

Haven't listened to Gojira for a while, but they're a great modern metal band. Their last album, L'Enfant Sauvage, was really good. Their heavy riffing is what sets them apart from most bands IMO. It blew me away the first time I heard it.

I just bought their new album that came out on Friday. This song is awesome.

:headbang:

Apparently this young lady is on the same label as Mothers, Wichita Recordings. Just bought this album after listening to it on Amazon Music. I can already feel it growing on me like a disease, just like Mothers' album did earlier this year.

I've mentioned Blood Stain Child on here before. They're a Japanese band that combines melodic death metal with electronica. I randomly decided to listen to a song off of their Epsilon album, and then I looked them up to see if they're coming out with anything new, since that album came out five years ago. Still no news on that front, but Sophia Aslanides, a former female vocalist of theirs that did the clean singing on Epsilon, apparently started a new project called Season of Ghosts.

After hearing this song, I went to Amazon Music to listen to some samples from this album and then immediately bought it. This stuff sounds like it's right up my alley.

Alvvays is one of the four or five little indie/alt rock bands I discovered through Amazon Prime Music a month or two ago. I finally got around to listening to their debut album tonight, and I'm about to buy it. This is some good stuff.

Someone randomly mentioned Best Coast in the comments section of one of those Alvvays videos and said that they have a similar sound. Looks like I've discovered two good bands tonight. Had to grab this album as well.

I feel like I've been transported back to the '90s. This is awesome. :D

Perfect timing for this song! Switchfoot has definitely changed their sound since I first started listening to them. I'm a fan of this song simply because of the meaning, but I'm not too thrilled with the rest of the album.

Maori language week here in Aotearoa. This song has been produced in Te Reo Maori to celebrate it. Doing pretty good down here. :)

That Alvvays album I posted some songs from came out a couple of years ago, but it might just be the best thing I've heard so far this year along with Mothers' debut. I can't stop listening to it.

Back
Top Bottom