On Going - Songs You Like

It's odd that Poco didn't achieve more success. Most of the band members had a lot of success with other bands, just not together.
Good question, and I think StandOnIt is onto something with his answer. If I recall correctly a few of the guys came from Buffalo Springfield, but Poco's music certainly didn't fit into the same category as that. They just seemed like true musicians who wanted to just make great music even if it didn't reach tremendous commercial success.

Good question, and I think StandOnIt is onto something with his answer. If I recall correctly a few of the guys came from Buffalo Springfield, but Poco's music certainly didn't fit into the same category as that. They just seemed like true musicians who wanted to just make great music even if it didn't reach tremendous commercial success.
But their vocal harmonies were on par with other bands of that era.

They had so many personnel changes over the years and at the same time record labels were getting bought up by others, almost every album had a different sound. There still is a Poco band. I liked the "deliverin" album the best. It had Messina and Furray and Rusty Young, he was pretty constant thru out all the changes. The next album after Deliverin was "From the inside" and you can tell the difference with Messina gone. Messina left and was a founding member of the Eagles, then Loggins and Messina. The band is still going.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poco

It was Randy Mesiner that left and was a founding member of the Eagles, although, Jim Messina was also a member of Poco.
When Meisner left he Eagles, he was replaced by former Poco band member Timothy Schmitt.

Great video. Sean Peyton addresses the team in the locker room at the beginning with a great speech. Stuff from Peyton Manning, Joe Namath and others in there too. Very cool stuff.

Stuck in the 70's

Thats the real Lynard Skynard, Allen on the guitar was my favourite. That old grey whistle concert is a good one, it covers a lot of the "nothing fancy" material. It wasnt a big commercial success, but in many cases those are some of the best songs.

It was Randy Mesiner that left and was a founding member of the Eagles, although, Jim Messina was also a member of Poco.
When Meisner left he Eagles, he was replaced by former Poco band member Timothy Schmitt.

Meisner doing "take it to the limit".

But Glen Frey "Take it easy, Peaceful Easy Feeling, Tequila Sunrise, New Kid in Town, Lying Eyes etc has always been my favourite Eagle.

Time to country this place up some.

The beautiful Patty Loveless featuring the great George Jones on harmony

A classic 'tear in your beer' from the great George Jones.

The race is at Ft. Worth this weekend, and Texas is one of my favorite states, so here's one for the Texans

I just discovered this today. I absolutely love this, and all the other stuff these guys do (that, again, I just discovered today) They call themselves Gangstagrass. Two genres that should not work together at all, but really work.

"Thats how I got to Memphis"

Kelly Willis, a beautiful voice, a beautiful woman.

Old Crow Medicine Show " Rock me"

Those were some really good songs played by some really good bands.

Two good songs by Rodney Crowell, I think his songs got better after Country Radio stopped playing his music.

Look up the info on that Black & White Night gig. Amazing lineup of musicians on stage. I have this on VHS :D
I saw it first run I think on public TV, I have it in a playlist on my comp, great for house work, can't quite sing like Roy could though o_O

Georgia Satellites

"Keep your hands to yourself"

I like Rodney Crowell, kinda along the same lines, I like this youngster, he has a good clean voice

Neil Young
"Cortez the killer"

Georgia Satellites

"Keep your hands to yourself"

Great Song!

It brings back memories too, of when it came out. My long-time girlfriend at the time loved that song and would take great joy in singing it to me in front of her family and others. It kind of gave me a thrill knowing that before the night was over I was very likely to have my hands and lips all over her.

"Jet city Woman" Queensryche

I like Rodney Crowell, kinda along the same lines, I like this youngster, he has a good clean voice

Oh yeah. I was actually listening to Jason Mraz when I clicked on this thread. He has some really great music. I didn't remember Darryl Hall having that deep and strong of a voice back in the day. Either it grew as he got older, a la Alan Jackson, or I just didn't give him much credit the first time around because I really disliked their music back in the 80's. This was cool. Thanks for sharing.

"Thinking problem" -David Ball

Elton John sangs

"Hold me closer Tony Danza!

Back
Top Bottom