On Going - Songs You Like

Man, lots of great music on this thread.

Just wanted to send this one out to those folks attending the race tomorrow.

Not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight.
#can'twait

This guy is a master axe man. What I like about him is that even though he can shred with the best of them, his music is very melodic. One of my favorite guitarists of all time, Joe Satriani...

The Road Goes on Forever and the Party Never Ends -- Robert Earl Keen

This is just an amazing song. Say what you want about John Mayer as a person, much of it seems to be true, but what do we really know? One thing you can't say is that the guy can't write a great song. This song is so easy to relate to for so many people and it can be so inspiring. I like all of the lyrics, but I love the part that starts at about 3:38 or so of the video. The passion he conveys with his voice and guitars is pretty great too.

This is a great song, but it definitely hits me hard! And as a guy, I'm not afraid to admit that it puts me into an emotional state of mind!

I imagine that this song really speaks to people who have lost lifetime lovers. I hope any of you who can relate can get a little something out of it.

My Favorite Memory Of All by Merle Haggard

When it comes to music, I'm a big fan of songs that have meanings, more so songs that have some sort of ties to my life. This is one of those songs. It's not fun when someone gives you a false pretense.

For those of you who may not know. This song was pretty controversial when Johnny Cash sang it on his TV show back in like 1970 or '71. The TV people wanted him to change the lyric in the chorus from "I'm wishin' Lord that I was stoned" to "I'm wishin' Lord that I was home". They didn't think it was too big of a change and too much to ask. Johnny thought it was important to stand up for what Kris Kristofferson had written and the integrity of the song. Some say it was one of the many straws that eventually broke the camel's back and led to the show being cancelled in 1971 after like 58 episodes.

Sunday Morning Coming Down
by Johnny Cash

Back
Top Bottom