Penske to Expand to 3rd Team in 2018

Still think a return to Toyota and the 77 would be best for Wallace Jr. if he doesn't end up with Petty.

Right now Barney Visser was left holding the bag. He promised the crew of the 77 he would pay them after Jones was gone. Stand up guy. Being out of the loop in Colorado nothing is being said. Surely he will get somebody

Right now Barney Visser was left holding the bag. He promised the crew of the 77 he would pay them after Jones was gone. Stand up guy. Being out of the loop in Colorado nothing is being said. Surely he will get somebody

5-Hour Energy cannot go anywhere, they have to stay at FRR. Monster grandfathered them in to sponsor.

Someone will be in the 77 car.

5-Hour Energy cannot go anywhere, they have to stay at FRR. Monster grandfathered them in to sponsor.

Don't really think Monster is real stiff on that rule though. Menard ran Rockstar Energy earlier this year.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, but I remember Jr. humbling himself quite a bit after Sr. died. Jr. used to complain about other drivers a lot.
Sorry didn't mean to come off like that I was just tying to remember a time is all. It's been so long!

I think Snap-On is going to be Blaney's sponsor

Sam_Hornish_Jr_Penske_Racing_Ford_in_shop_2013.jpg

images
think discount tire will be a sponsor too

I think you're looking for the Bold Prediction 2018 Thread.

It was response to 2 sweets question and really not bold considering he was in the chase last year.... but your attitude about it is hense "I think he's going to surprise alot of people" statement.

Happy for Blaney. The kid is the real deal and aside from Larson he is the best young gun, imo. Getting a deal with Penske is well deserved and I am glad he has a long time deal with one of the elite teams.

Kind of sad for the Wood Brothers though. I am glad they will have the $ecurity that Men$ard is able to provide. I hope Penske will give continue to provide them with pieces that are good as the current ones.
But Menard will not wheel the the thing, like Blaney can.

Happy for Blaney. The kid is the real deal and aside from Larson he is the best young gun, imo. Getting a deal with Penske is well deserved and I am glad he has a long time deal with one of the elite teams.

Kind of sad for the Wood Brothers though. I am glad they will have the $ecurity that Men$ard is able to provide. I hope Penske will give continue to provide them with pieces that are good as the current ones.
But Menard will not wheel the the thing, like Blaney can.

I look at it like this.....right now 21 is a top ten car....Supported by Ford & Penske with a top 10 driver........next year the car will have support from Ford, Penske & $$$$$$Menards $$$$$ with a mid tier driver. I think they will be able to run top 15 atleast maybe compete for around 10 Top 10s and a playoff spot with the extra support making up for the mediocre driver but Paul takes care of his cars as good as anyone.

As much as I hate seeing Blaney leave The Woods Brothers I have to say this move will be good for everyone involved especially the Woods Brothers. John Menard will do good things for the team and maybe, just maybe Paul will finally shine as a driver. Now Blaney, he's going to kick some butt.

5-Hour Energy has an option to stay at FRR, but that could be on the 78. Also, they have the option to leave. So the 77 remains up in the air, IMO.

think discount tire will be a sponsor too
Today's announcements make it clear that the 22 Xfinity team will carry on, so that is the "best guess" for where Discount Tire sponsorship will be, IMO. Also...

"Team Penske was not ready to name the primary sponsor for the No. 12 Ford. President Tim Cindric said, “We're still working through pretty much everything on the 12 car. We have some things that are solid and some things that we're still working on. I would say that's something that's yet to be determined.” Cindric said that Penske was well-positioned to acquire a charter. The Wood Brothers, who leased their charter this season from the No. 32 GoFas Racing team for Blaney, are still looking to negotiate." (from here)

What else is new? I want to see what Menard can do in a different car, another Ford car added to the mix, will the Woods brother run an Xfinity car in the future? And we know old man Menard will bring long term sponsorship for the Woods Brothers. I think Blaney is a good fit with Kez and Logano. Those two work together and I think Blaney will join in also. Could be the start of a powerhouse.
I agree with all that.. but I meant what else is new in reference to me liking it lol

I don't see SHR picking up another driver in the closing years of his career.

Hey, they're a Ford team now! Bubba to the #10!.
Was thinking same thing they have a group of old drivers, but just started a NXS team. Part of them going to Ford was Ford's development program is much better. Roush has some young talent and Penske as well, but there may not be room at the inn for all drivers. Ford has been good on sharing information this year

Huge. This is a very powerful team now and into the future. Penske is freakin' amazing. Love the Captain.
When where they not a team? Blaney's contract has always been with Penske, his CC is Penske people and the cars are from Penske. What could be missing for Blaney is the speed the WBS had in the car. They have been faster than the 2 and 22.

Hope Blaney will be able to keep his I dont know, his coolness at Penske. They are a bit too button down over there, Blaney I IMO is the closest guy to remind me of Jr in his early days in the 8 car just a cool dude who raced and knew how to have a good time.

I think the opposite will happen. I think his coolness will hopefully rub off on Joey and Brad. They are two goofy dudes....

This is awesome. Penske is certainly set for a while with drivers. Hopefully some of that Menard money finds it's way to Penske and they can help all 4 cars run good in the next few years. Menard isn't exciting but he takes care of his stuff and doesn't do anything controversial. Surprising when he should be the poster child of entitlement but seems pretty humble and avoiding the spotlight.

A good thing for Blaney. Not so much for the Wood Brothers or NASCAR fans in general. It was great to see a small team running with the big boys.

That was the illusion.....that is a Penske car for the most part.
This is exactly correct. I'm a huge Wood Brothers fan, and I've loved seeing Blaney run up front in the 21. But the truth is, Blaney was always just a "loaner." Without Penske lending support for the purpose of bringing Blaney along the learning curve, Wood Brothers would still be running a partial schedule. Penske and Ford joined together to throw a lifeline to Wood Brothers, but it was never intended to continue long term with Blaney in the 21. Running a full schedule with top equipment and Paul Menard driving... a good outcome for Wood Brothers IMO.

This is exactly correct. I'm a huge Wood Brothers fan, and I've loved seeing Blaney run up front in the 21. But the truth is, Blaney was always just a "loaner." Without Penske lending support for the purpose of bringing Blaney along the learning curve, Wood Brothers would still be running a partial schedule. Penske and Ford joined together to throw a lifeline to Wood Brothers, but it was never intended to continue long term with Blaney in the 21. Running a full schedule with top equipment and Paul Menard driving... a good outcome for Wood Brothers IMO.

Exactly, I'm so satisfied when other people understand what the situation was. The alternative was the wood brothers going back to part time like before or even worse without penske support.

Interesting that Menards who was only one of the few sponsors out there that really did a full season is only going to do 22 races on cup side. Sounds like Motorcraft might fill out the rest still

I am thinking just 22 races on the 21, but probably some on the Cup 12 and NXS 22 as well. Penske made this Menards deal, he going to get his fair share.

Again it is also possible that Cole Custer gets that ride. Bubba in it wouldn't be bad either. Hopefully he can find sponsors and stay at RPM though.
Isn't Martin still a "consultant" for SHR he's high on Ty Majeski, maybe Majeski can move to the 00 XNS ride then the 10 if he can be pouched from Roush

The 21 has always been white and red, or red and white depending on your perspective. Yallo ain't in the cards. It's unnatural, like kissing your cousin and slipping her the tongue..jest sayin'

Except for the many times it wasn't. Go look at the history of the car. Plenty of times is wasn't white and red. Especially when they had the Airforce sponsorship.

Love this.

Lol its gold. Blaney seems like an awesome kid. Best moment of the year was Pocono. And Brad interviewing him

It's easy to spot who the real talents in the sport are. Blaney will just get stronger and stronger on the track. 1st year team may have some sorting out to do, but I look for him to win a bunch of races in the next couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom