Penske to Expand to 3rd Team in 2018

Again it is also possible that Cole Custer gets that ride. Bubba in it wouldn't be bad either. Hopefully he can find sponsors and stay at RPM though.
Why does every one love bubba he has done absolutely nothing in nascar

He's won in the Truck Series and was showing improvements in Xfinity and was very consistent this year before losing his ride. Got a chance a Cup and improved his finishing position every week. That's a lot of nothing.
Like I said he's done nothing in xfinity in like 84 races. I wonder why he lost his ride. I have nothing against him it's just everyone thinks he's the greatest.

Like I said he's done nothing in xfinity in like 84 races. I wonder why he lost his ride. I have nothing against him it's just everyone thinks he's the greatest.

Nobody is saying he's the greatest thing smoking.

He had chances to win in Xfinity, but did not achieve that victory. Even though I think he had a chance to win this season, some bad luck played his way and he even said he over drove. Yet, I think this year with his improved consistency and pretty solid showings in Cup. He could be a very good driver, in his latest Cup showing he finished 11th.

Seems like the Cup cars suit him better.

As much as I hate seeing Blaney leave The Woods Brothers I have to say this move will be good for everyone involved especially the Woods Brothers. John Menard will do good things for the team and maybe, just maybe Paul will finally shine as a driver. Now Blaney, he's going to kick some butt.
First, I am a huge Blaney fan. Question, why are people saying Blaney is going to do better in the 12? The 21 comes from the Penske shop now. The crew chief will be the same and the 21 pit crew has performed well all year.

First, I am a huge Blaney fan. Question, why are people saying Blaney is going to do better in the 12? The 21 comes from the Penske shop now. The crew chief will be the same and the 21 pit crew has performed well all year.

Exactly they're going to take that 21 car and rewrap it as the 12 haha

Cause he seems like a great guy and is Blaney's friend. :)
Being a great guy and someone's friend doesn't win races. We need more jerks in NASCAR to keep it exciting not more nice guys. Just sayin

Yeah between DiBurrito and Bubba are reddit Gods.

Its because Bubba came up through KBM, and drives Fords now. So all the JGR/KBM fans love him, and all the ford fans love him because he drives for them and is besties with Blaney.

As for DiBurrito they all love him because everytime he needs money for his team he goes on r/nascar and strokes their egos. "One fo us! One of us!!" Same **** happened with Josh Wise and the Doge car.

I like it, Blaney in the 12 will be cool. Interested to see who sponsors him. I like Menard in the 21 as well. Think he's a decent driver and will compete in that car.
I thought I read that Menard's was sponsoring Xfinity rides for Team Penske. :idunno:

Right now Barney Visser was left holding the bag. He promised the crew of the 77 he would pay them after Jones was gone. Stand up guy. Being out of the loop in Colorado nothing is being said. Surely he will get somebody
Well seeing as how JGR is suspending their people from the 78 car, maybe he can keep the pit crew as his own and send the rest of the Gibbs people packing.

I doubt people are saying he is the greatest however many of us think he is deserving of a chance in real equipment (not from RFR). 6th in points behind JGR and Juniors team is certainly not nothing.

I've kept my mouth shut about Bubba, convinced he wasn't in the greatest Xfinity car, but he also made a lot of mistakes that could have helped his stats. Being affiliated with such a weak team, I don't think he got much help to get better on the technical support side either.

I've kept my mouth shut about Bubba, convinced he wasn't in the greatest Xfinity car, but he also made a lot of mistakes that could have helped his stats. Being affiliated with such a weak team, I don't think he got much help to get better on the technical support side either.

Why the F is RFR such a "weak team" in so many people's eyes....get your heads straight they are barely below JRM realistically....they won the championships in 2011 2012 2015....Ricky Stenhouse is solid but not that great. Chris buescher is solid but not great. These guys didn't out perform their cars. That program is solid, Ryan reed sucks that's why he sucks. Bubba is solid but not great and imo lesser than Ricky and CB.

JGR >Penske> JRM>Roush=Childress=SHR=CGR

I said Xfinity car. Roush's stuff, one car kinda two is WEAK. :booya: Reed is in 8th, 257 points out? Bubba was behind Reed when he lost his ride.

Yeah, RFR has a solid Xfinity program but I guess they're starting to lack funding this year. I have no doubt that if Bubba was able to stay in the car he'd be battling for that championship. Only 13th in the points right now in Xfinity.

Yeah, RFR has a solid Xfinity program but I guess they're starting to lack funding this year. I have no doubt that if Bubba was able to stay in the car he'd be battling for that championship. Only 13th in the points right now in Xfinity.
I would say they Had a solid program. Other teams have caught up, added some good drivers in the seats recently. Roush has tied his horse to a pole with Reed. But there is a new face Ty Majeski this week at Iowa, maybe he will pull them out of the hole they're in.

“It was good,” Majeski said. “To have the opportunity to get in the type of car I’ll be driving at a race track I’ve never been at and get some seat time and make some improvements on the car is huge.As everyone knows, NASCAR testing is so limited and to get everything you can out of it is so crucial. I really felt we did that.

“Unfortunately, Iowa isn’t on the simulator, :confused:but I’ve worked with a lot of the engineers and worked on my feedback, help them work on my feedback I’m really optimistic about it.”
Mark Martin, who holds the record with 39 wins in the No. 60 Ford, is impressed with Majeski’s potential.

“With Ty Majeksi, I think Roush Fenway may have the one,” Martin said. “I think he is Roush Fenway’s next Matt Kenseth or Carl Edwards. I think they are sitting good with him as a young driver developing. I’ll be watching with great interest.”:idunno:

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-x...ty-majeski-prepares-for-xfinity-debut-921658/

I think Reed has a future in Cup. The guy can win at restrictor plate tracks and those are the biggest races in NASCAR. Should go ahead and move him to Cup with Lilly Diabetes and bring the 16 back. Majeski didn't get a chance to really prove anything in his last Xfinity outing so hopefully he has better luck this time.

I think Reed has a future in Cup. The guy can win at restrictor plate tracks and those are the biggest races in NASCAR. Should go ahead and move him to Cup with Lilly Diabetes and bring the 16 back. Majeski didn't get a chance to really prove anything in his last Xfinity outing so hopefully he has better luck this time.
Not trying to sound like a dick but Reed is ass...five Top 5s and fifteen Top 10s in Xfinity in 120+ races with an organization that's won three of the last six championships is terrible no matter how you cut it. Being able to pull a rabbit out of your ass on a plate track doesn't earn you a Cup ride, although having diabetes certainly could be the ticket.

I just don't see Reed as being a bad driver. It's not like he wrecks alot and usually brings it home inside the top 20. Has only had 30 finishes of 123 that were outside 20th position. Now should he have better stats in that car? Probably so and needs to find something on the intermediate tracks if he wants to succeed at the next level.

Sam Hornish is in the 22 Penske Xfinity car this weekend at Iowa. Hornish said he is racing at Road America / Elkhart Lake also

Being a great guy and someone's friend doesn't win races. We need more jerks in NASCAR to keep it exciting not more nice guys. Just sayin
I am not so sure. If we had more KDB and JPM jerks, I can guarantee you I would like it less. Now if we had more characters like Boris Said used to be, that I could go for.

Ooof.

My abs still hurt from core day, damn son.

I just don't see Reed as being a bad driver. It's not like he wrecks alot and usually brings it home inside the top 20. Has only had 30 finishes of 123 that were outside 20th position. Now should he have better stats in that car? Probably so and needs to find something on the intermediate tracks if he wants to succeed at the next level.

Reed is garbage lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Casey Atwood was/is still available.
yes.gif
sarcastic.gif

That kid sure did have some talent.

here is an interesting thought, I would imagine that penske would have had plenty of chance to bring menard into the fold and run under the penske banner. instead they are running him as a wood brothers car. I think it says alot about penske and strength of sponsorship that they would pass on a sure sponsorship, with menard and go with blaney instead.

I just think Penske thinks very highly of Blaney and his ability to wins races and championship(s). Personally I'm not a fan of Menard at all but Paul is good enough to keep his car in one piece most of the time and RCR has been pretty terrible anyway so who knows maybe he can can surprise, I doubt they'd run the 21 car full time anyway considering Roger and Ford are probably pumping money into the car right now with Blaney.

Sam Hornish is in the 22 Penske Xfinity car this weekend at Iowa. Hornish said he is racing at Road America / Elkhart Lake also
Now that is a sad deal that only works because he has a sponsor. Sam has had multiple chance in very good equipment and has shown he just doesn't have it for this type of racing.

Penske doesn't have any developmental drivers, doesn't need them. Sam has two recent wins at Iowa in Xfinity. The car is sponsored by Discount Tire, has been for years. It's not a sad deal, All of Penske's Xfinity drivers are at Pocono. (cue the cup drivers racing in cup)

He didn't look all that good today. Of course that car hasn't performed all year. Last winning CC was taken for Ryan at Wood's.

Back
Top Bottom