Phoenix RACE thread ----

Matt is falling back again. I knew that was going to happen.

NASCAR likes that and PIR had it in mind when they repaved the dog leg. I remember DW talking about it when it happened. IndyCar doesn't race here anymore so no harm in the boys trying to take the shortcut.
Theres' a reason why you have the track with a yellow line ....put the damn yellow line all the way down on the inside then.....cutting the dog leg IMO is a bush league move.

Wow unless something catastrophe happens, Jimmie will walk out of here with his 6th championship clinched.

Matt is dogmeat on a stick.

How can Gibbs give his driver, who's in contention for a title, a car THAT bad?

Theres' a reason why you have the track with a yellow line ....put the damn yellow line all the way down on the inside then.....cutting the dog leg IMO is a bush league move.
Going below the yellow line is only a penalty at the restrictor plate tracks. NASCAR has no out of bounds rules except there. Phoenix has been in this configuration for something like 2 years and they did it since the first race since the repave. It's not like they're getting one past NASCAR. If the series wanted it stopped they would make a rule.

Matt seems to get all whiney when his car isn't running right. I love him and everything but...

I guess I shouldn't say anything when Kurt cusses up a storm, himself.

Going below the yellow line is only a penalty at the restrictor plate tracks. NASCAR has no out of bounds rules except there. Phoenix has been in this configuration for something like 2 years and they did it since the first race since the repave. It's not like they're getting one past NASCAR. If the series wanted it stopped they would make a rule.

Then it should be a white line, but you are right.

Matt seems to get all whiney when his car isn't running right. I love him and everything but...
Ehh, they all do it. And he really is having a terrible day at the worst possible time in the season to have one. I can give him a pass on it.

I thought they would have after Chase Elliott gave no damns and made a Honey Badger line down there.

Yeh no kidding I know that, I'm not a newbie

I like seeing them use all the pavement. I understand why "no" at Daytona/Talladega because of the severe difference in the banking of the apron and the racing surface. Using the apron here, keeps drivers on their toes.

Then it should be a white line, but you are right.
Phoenix is a cool track. Reminds me of good old days of watching IndyCar with my dad in the early 90s when I was a small tike.

Maybe some people here would be happier if they tore down PIR and built another Charlotte-clone 1.5 miler? Would that be cool? Phoenix and its dog leg are unique. I think cutting the dog leg is something neat that only happens at this track.

Logano only took 2 and he still had a 13 second stop? LOL

Why not pit for 4?

I like seeing them use all the pavement. I understand why "no" at Daytona/Talladega because of the severe difference in the banking of the apron and the racing surface. Using the apron here, keeps drivers on their toes.
Yeh but why put a line there? if they wanted them to race down there the track would of been banked down there. I dunno , guess it is just me , but taking a short cut like that is like doing it in a video game, to me it shouldn't be allowed. I understand that they all do it, but hell design the track that way then, so there is banking down there. And they only do it when they are trying to cut some one off to pass, you don't see them do it when they are just making laps.

LOL @ "It's not your fault you get carried away with Nascar"...well duh...nothing has ever been my fault...I'm a guy ;)

Back
Top Bottom