Plans Emerge For Six-Race, Women-Only Motor Racing Championship

I'm not enamored with using open wheel cars, would like to see an IROC like format myself. We have road, short track oval, dirt Truck, car and pavement drivers. Go big or go to the house IMO

Bringing back the Powder Puff derby's!

The equivalency of an affirmative action racing series...

I don't know...seems pointless to me. There are lots of opportunities to get women involved in racing. Why give them their own series?

When in the history of motor racing has their been a dominant women racer. I'm not talking about stab it and steer drag racing, I'm talking dirt, pavement, oval or road racing?

I'll support this to the end ... if every broadcast (snicker) is prefaced with the phrase "because women can't race with men"... otherwise it's pointless. There's no reason women can't compete with men ... unless they really can't compete with men.

maybe Danica's career isn't over yet. And a division where she may actually have some sustained success

A series that runs through the winter would be welcome. To field the void of the off season throughout the motorsport arena.

I feel like this series would get overshadowed heavily in a regular calendar as I dont see this series as anything more than a gimmick.

I don't know...seems pointless to me. There are lots of opportunities to get women involved in racing. Why give them their own series?
can they do that today? women only. wouldn't that break some kind of law?

Wait, wuuuutttttttttttttt? I'll have to bring a motion to the floor at the next Patriarchy Meeting. Surely this can't be allowed to exist!

Oh no...

I hope this becomes a reality, but I'm waiting for some d-bags to totally derail this concept and trash it.

And there it is

Because male ego's demand they beat them or crash them. Been that was since club and cave days.

A series that runs through the winter would be welcome. To field the void of the off season throughout the motorsport arena.

I feel like this series would get overshadowed heavily in a regular calendar as I dont see this series as anything more than a gimmick.
Yep agree

When in the history of motor racing has their been a dominant women racer. I'm not talking about stab it and steer drag racing, I'm talking dirt, pavement, oval or road racing?

Yeah .... piloting a 10 thousand horsepower funny car that goes 300 mph is a piece of cake

i wonder if this endeavor will be as wildly popular as the WNBA? oh wait.............

I think getting more women in racing is a great thing, not sure about how they want to go about it.

Golf has it's own woman series.
Tennis has it's own woman series.
Women compete against other women in track and field.
There is nothing wrong with having a woman racing series. It does mean
that all the little boys who feel their manhood threatened will have to pout
together as they guzzle the beer and make jokes about them.

Danica Patrick races against the boys and got wrecked "Just because she is woman."
It is the battle of Testosterone vs Estrogen.:D

Just added my 2 cents .......... the women that drag race are every bit as talented and gutsy as the ones that race anything else.

I takes a certain skill set and it certainly requires bravery, but it's a DIFFERENT skill set. I do not want to disparage it in any way, because I respect the hell out of ALL of the men and women who do it, but just for perspective, it IS a sport where 70+ year old men are competitive.

I takes a certain skill set and it certainly requires bravery, but it's a DIFFERENT skill set. I do not want to disparage it in any way, because I respect the hell out of ALL of the men and women who do it, but just for perspective, it IS a sport where 70+ year old men are competitive.

70 years of living can give one quite a set of skills !!! Reaction time is king in drag racing ... some 70 years olds still have it

simple because they have the MONEY to do so.

Back
Top Bottom