Playoffs/The ROVAL 400

I just finished watching a replay of the Roval race where Harvick nailed Elliott, and later Harvick wrecked himself when Elliott had hunted him back down. Larson smacked Hamlin out of the way to take the lead to hold on and finish first, and B+ nailed Byron in the ass and Byron came back and was hunting down Reddick when Byron wrecked himself trying to get to Reddick's back bumper. I don't know what the hell you people are talking about frankly, get help.
All with a much different car.

All with a much different car.
You can find any excuse you can Bud, it's nuts in my book.. I just finished watching the 22 race which Bell won in the last 3 laps after a chaotic restart' Larson was eliminated with half a lap to go by the 14 making a clutch move and gaining two places to take Larson out. Elliott was in good shape until he spun out. The stars are going to be out and this car B.S. is just that.

You can find any excuse you can Bud, it's nuts in my book.. I just finished watching the 22 race which Bell won in the last 3 laps after a chaotic restart' Larson was eliminated with half a lap to go by the 14 making a clutch move and gaining two places to take Larson out. Elliott was in good shape until he spun out. The stars are going to be out and this car B.S. is just that.
But Elliott hasn’t won there in the new car. I mean it has to suck..

It’s too underpowered for road courses and short tracks. Its hard to run down cars because it’s harder to make up a couple tenths here and there with corner entry-exit being a little too easy.

I’ve been to the Roval and very much enjoy Turn 1 seats, seeing the racing on the infield and out to the backstretch is awesome. The track needs some modifications though, getting rid of that last chicane would go a long way to making a smoother lap
Fair...and a good assessment.

I watched it too....I'm telling you man--you and me--two peas in a pod.....and yeah, it was a great race. Car is fine.

I watched it too....I'm telling you man--you and me--two peas in a pod.....and yeah, it was a great race. Car is fine.
The race stats were very similar in 21 and 22 with both different versions of the cars. 2022 only had 4 cautions is the one stat that sticks out between the two Roval races. That could be attributed to a tougher car.
The 2021 race had 10 cautions with 15 lead changes and an average of 35 passes per green flag lap.
The 2022 race had 4 cautions with 10 lead changes and an average of 31 passes per green flag lap.
Harvick had the race won until the late caution lap 109/110. Bell came in and got tires, was able to catch and pass Harvick and Bell led his only two laps on new tires and won the race at 112 laps out of a scheduled 109.
But we all just hate it when a team can come in and tires make a difference on a green/white checker right? :cuckoo:

It was a crap race saved by a sign that fell off the wall and late restart insanity. If that race goes green, half the audience falls asleep.
The issue isn't the long strung out field. The issue is the lack of power and how tough it is to pass.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The issue isn't the long strung out field. The issue is the lack of power and how tough it is to pass.

The 2021 race had 10 cautions with 15 lead changes and an average of 35 passes per green flag lap.
The 2022 race had 4 cautions with 10 lead changes and an average of 31 passes per green flag lap

Yeah, there were only 3,169 green flag passes.
2 Rick Ware cars being lapped by a field of 38 other cars 5 times accounts for 190 of those. 🤣 Chase came from like 18th to lead before he got punted, so that’s 208. The rest were flukes I didn’t see. 🤣

And, serious question, cars who’d pit under green right before stage and lose 15-20 spots, do those count as a green flag passes?

2 Rick Ware cars being lapped by a field of 38 other cars 5 times accounts for 190 of those. 🤣 Chase came from like 18th to lead before he got punted, so that’s 208. The rest were flukes I didn’t see. 🤣

And, serious question, cars who’d pit under green right before stage and lose 15-20 spots, do those count as a green flag passes?

Good points.

The lead change thing to me is smoke and mirrors for the reasons you mentioned. You can get multiple different leaders just by fuel or tire strategy. Those are meaningless to me.

The race stats were very similar in 21 and 22 with both different versions of the cars. 2022 only had 4 cautions is the one stat that sticks out between the two Roval races. That could be attributed to a tougher car.
The 2022 race had 4 cautions with 10 lead changes and an average of 31 passes per green flag lap.
Harvick had the race won until the late caution lap 109/110. Bell came in and got tires, was able to catch and pass Harvick and Bell led his only two laps on new tires and won the race at 112 laps out of a scheduled 109.
But we all just hate it when a team can come in and tires make a difference on a green/white checker right? :cuckoo:
That was the ONLY think that saved that race at all. Snore city until then.

Good points.

The lead change thing to me is smoke and mirrors for the reasons you mentioned. You can get multiple different leaders just by fuel or tire strategy. Those are meaningless to me.
Yes, without context, they ARE pointless. Wasn't somebody compiling MEANINGFUL passes?

If you give everyone 50 more HP, is it still tough to pass?

On track passes

The total amount of green flag passes in a race is pretty much the most useless stat that is recorded.
Not if you are at the race and see all of these passes. Say your driver is Ricky Bobby and you are at the track with your scanner and cold beer, you are watching Ricky pick them off one by one, I imagine that stat has more meaning, TV cant cover everything

2 Rick Ware cars being lapped by a field of 38 other cars 5 times accounts for 190 of those. Chase came from like 18th to lead before he got punted, so that’s 208. The rest were flukes I didn’t see.

Data without context. Who cares what the drivers say. Data without context is the truth.

But in all seriousness. It isnt reliable. A side by side battle for 7th, at a track for example, could result in 8 different passes as long as the position changes at the line, when in actuality, those passes are being "scored" because of difficulty passing.

Data tells us context. And when you have drivers and eyes telling you passing is difficult, you have to acknowledge the data is error ridden.

It's basic scientific method stuff lol claiming that passing isn't an issue because the data says otherwise isn't an accurate.

It still just baffles me that there is horsepower restriction in NASCAR
Engines are one of the costliest items in NASCAR and the teams were spending millions on R&D so the I believe the Team owners wanted NASCAR to save them from themselves and step in and the restriction comes from having to run these engines more than one race ( another cost saving measure) so you don't want them banging the chip all day and hope they survive. Everyone talks about how great the racing was in the 80's 90's etc, well these cars are running faster.

Oh Harv, you shouldn't have outta done that, and then the killer 9 bruised and bloodied hunts him down good stuff!

Any time someone starts on about how Harv’s such a badass, show them this. He’s such a *female dog* that he crapped the bed as soon as boring wimpy no personality Chase was in his mirror.

1696693186663.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom