Pocono Pre-race Race Thread

D2F59118-A85A-408B-B5DF-8E2459C4DD53-8252-000001782C88B023.jpg

if we were watching with D.W. announcing, he would have a camera shot and telemetry to see what everybody is doing, where they are shifting and how high they are turning the motor. nothing from this bunch but stats they are reading.

As annoying as he can get, he obviously has a passion for racing...you don't find much passion with the current bunch -_-

this is freaking ridiculous, top 8 places in practice, 7 chevy's and a Ford, second practice is almost over, and they finally raise the question about Toyota? Hell the two top stories going in to this race are Toyota, and Ford. Nothing, nobody did any research. They just showed up from the golf course I guess...time to go to work..where is my stat book.:) damn, I am starting to sound like Andy. Heeeelp!

On the up side , their crack research staff did pick up on a question 'from this forum' about the orange cones in the wall and Kyle Petty spent fifteen minutes explaining it .

this is freaking ridiculous, top 8 places in practice, 7 chevy's and a Ford, second practice is almost over, and they finally raise the question about Toyota? Hell the two top stories going in to this race are Toyota, and Ford. Nothing, nobody did any research. They just showed up from the golf course I guess...time to go to work..where is my stat book.:) damn, I am starting to sound like Andy. Heeeelp!
No, you use common sense and actually criticise things that should be criticised. You don't do it just to annoy people.:D At least I hope that's why he does it, because I would hate think that anyone could be that frustrated in life.

I wonder if any of the racing purists on this forum who think Cup guys shouldn't be racing in any other series are watching this great ARCA race .

He ran last to first..pretty impressive for 17..doesn't look right driving a chevy to me quite yet. I'll get used to it.

A Burton(Ward's son) won at Texas, an Elliott(Bill's son) won at Pocono so I guess an Earnhardt(Dale's son) will win the Cup race?

I'm gettin a little sick of hearing TRICKY TRIANGLE . It would be better for Pocono to steal Monster Mile or Lady in Black , instead of Tikkki Twiangle , it's just silly.

I agree that they are sandbagging. The field is already set and they did not have to use up what little reliability they do have on practice or qualifying, so in my opinion they will still be using their time bombs this week. If they are going to "dial down" it will be next week.
I agree but for a different reason. They didn't know about qualifying and Friday practice not happening when they prep'ed those cars, but they also didn't know about the Dover grenades either. I think those cars were ready before, with the questionable powerhouses already under the hood. I'll be happy to change my mind, based on comments from someone who knows more about the prep schedules than I do.

On the up side , their crack research staff did pick up on a question 'from this forum' about the orange cones in the wall and Kyle Petty spent fifteen minutes explaining it .
Sorry, no points. I recall someone else explain that same stuff last week. I think it was the Indy coverage at Detroit; I could be wrong about that but I KNOW I heard it somewhere.
A Burton(Ward's son) won at Texas, an Elliott(Bill's son) won at Pocono so I guess an Earnhardt(Dale's son) will win the Cup race?
Or Bob Keselowski's boy Brad.
I'm gettin a little sick of hearing TRICKY TRIANGLE . It would be better for Pocono to steal Monster Mile or Lady in Black , instead of Tikkki Twiangle , it's just silly.
How about the Tiki Triangle? They could put torches in the pit road wall, wooden figureheads in victory lane, serve barbeque sandwiches with grilled pineapple slices, dress all the staff in Hawaiian shirts and grass skirts, have Jimmy Buffett do the anthem, award a live palm tree as a trophy, ...

I put WAY too much thought into that.:confused:

not a bad idea, spense, it goes with the lobster that the winner gets, palm island for the winners circle..yeah I'm with ya.

not a bad idea, spense, it goes with the lobster that the winner gets, palm island for the winners circle..yeah I'm with ya.
I thought the lobster was in Loudon? Maybe a bowl of poi? Trophy girls in coconut bras? Put leis on the drivers during introductions?

C'mon, Mattioli's; the possibilities are endless!

He ran last to first..pretty impressive for 17..doesn't look right driving a chevy to me quite yet. I'll get used to it.

Hey, I dont think Chase had the best car. The Toyos are strong as all get out in ARCA I noticed. Chase was the best Chevy for sure but I think 2 Toyos may have been faster. Never the less, the kid did an excellent job for his first big speedway race. Its brought me back alive being able to watch these young guys come up.

That was an awesome win by Chase Elliott. There are some good little Arca drivers out there.

wow Dillon, last to qualify knocked swerving Sammy off the pole, Scott is third. two childress cars right up there.

Irrelevant, at least for tonight. 80% tonight; looking at the radar I'm surprised they got qualifying in. Looks like Indy cars from Texas tonight.

Another 80% tomorrow, dropping down to 40% tomorrow night. If we're lucky it won't start until after the Cup race.

I thought the lobster was in Loudon? Maybe a bowl of poi? Trophy girls in coconut bras? Put leis on the drivers during introductions?

C'mon, Mattioli's; the possibilities are endless!

I have no idea where I put my parrot hat , but I think I have an old cheeseburger here somewhere.

The Tricky menage a toi.

Why tricky? Because no 2 are alike. 1 male, 1 female and 1 trick.

wow Dillon, last to qualify knocked swerving Sammy off the pole, Scott is third. two childress cars right up there.
Well, it didn't end as good as I was hoping, but, at least one of my three favorites made the bottom 10 in qualifying.:)
8. Pastrami
15. Alex Bowman
21. Johanna Long

Back
Top Bottom