Pocono Pre-race Race Thread

that is a great position for Pastrana, I don't think he has been that high at the start. Really different with out all the cup regulars. Logano didn't exactly burn up qualfiying in 6th.

wow Dillon, last to qualify knocked swerving Sammy off the pole, Scott is third. two childress cars right up there.
I have a feeling that Sams not going to stay behing him for very long. With KB not running tonight this could be Sams night.

Kurt, Jimmie, Carl, and Tony leads the final practice. I think this year Kurt is having more fun racing then he has in a long time, and it's really showing in his interviews.

BMSKeDFCAAA55qd.jpg:large

Found them online from yesterday. They look like they'd make good wallpaper for anyone into one of those three. I think the Gordon one looks to be the best of them.

There's another photog in the background who doesn't get it . "What's that dumbass doin over there ?"

@PPistone
Lots of early garage talk this morning about windows and racing to halfway.

I don't like the sound of that.

@PPistone
Lots of early garage talk this morning about windows and racing to halfway.

I don't like the sound of that.

Speed was talking to Jeff Gordon about the time he won a rain shortened race at Pocono. Sounds like rain could be the name of the game today.

Rain shortened races AND Pocono? Oh boy, Joey Logano should be unbeatable today.

Speed was talking to Jeff Gordon about the time he won a rain shortened race at Pocono. Sounds like rain could be the name of the game today.

Rain shortened races AND Pocono? Oh boy, Joey Logano should be unbeatable today.
Speed never won a race. A proffesional start and park...Lol...nudge.nudge...wink.wink.

Of course we all associate Pocono and rain, right? How many Pocono races do you think were shortened by rain over the past twenty years worth of 40 races?

Answer = 3. Surprised? I know I am.

Of course we all associate Pocono and rain, right? How many Pocono races do you think were shortened by rain over the past twenty years worth of 40 races?

Answer = 3. Surprised? I know I am.

Probably around 2 or 3, but how many were delayed?

Weird how we associate certain tracks with rain. Seemed like it always rained when the IndyCars raced at Road America. Seems like the Cup races at Rockingham got rained out a lot too.

Speed never won a race. A proffesional start and park...Lol...nudge.nudge...wink.wink.

lol, still, seems like a lot of people in the know are talking about rain today at Pocono.

Sunday
partlycloudy.gif
Partly cloudy. High of 81F. Winds from the NW at 5 to 10 mph shifting to the WSW in the afternoon.
Sunday Night
nt_chancetstorms.gif
Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain, then a chance of rain after midnight. Fog overnight. Low of 59F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Hourly Forecast6AM12 Noon6PM12 Midnight
Temp. | Dew Point 54 | 52 75 | 54 76 | 55 62 | 58
Wind 4 mph NW 6 mph WNW 7 mph SW 3 mph SSE
Humidity 93% 47% 48% 91%
Chance of Precip. 10% 10% 10% 20%
Cloud Cover 32% 34% 38% 61%
Conditions Fog Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy Chance of a Thunderstorm
Sunrise & Sunset
5:29 AM
8:33 PM

Is Travis Pastrana serious about NASCAR, or is this just a side-show to him? I can't tell if I should treat him as an up-and-coming young driver Cup potential or just a motorcycle/rally guy having a laugh driving stock cars.

Is Travis Pastrana serious about NASCAR, or is this just a side-show to him? I can't tell if I should treat him as an up-and-coming young driver Cup potential or just a motorcycle/rally guy having a laugh driving stock cars.
He's serious. Jack Roush wouldn't be wasting a mostly-unsponsored car on him otherwise.

I think he's serious . When you consider that he is about ten years behind these guys in experience , he's doing real well . He'll run top fifteen next year.

Weird how we associate certain tracks with rain. Seemed like it always rained when the IndyCars raced at Road America. Seems like the Cup races at Rockingham got rained out a lot too.
Wanna venture a guess on how many Rockingham races got rained out?

Not one race was rained out during its run from 1965-2004. There were 78 races during that span.

Back
Top Bottom