Post 2022 Gen 7 Car Upgrades

I don't understand why they would need a new transaxle. Just lock out fifth gear everywhere but the road courses. Honestly not too sure they even NEED it there.

Interesting. A new transmission, or a new differential? Did they offer any specifics?
Transaxle=transmission & differential in same case/housing. These do have a quick-change gear set though that can change final drive ratio for different tracks. Not sure how changing whole assembly to "different" design will accomplish anything a rule change wouldn't? Just dictate, no shifting on ovals while under green.

Transaxle=transmission & differential in same case/housing. These do have a quick-change gear set though that can change final drive ratio for different tracks. Not sure how changing whole assembly to "different" design will accomplish anything a rule change wouldn't? Just dictate, no shifting on ovals while under green.

I'm no expert with terminology, but every time I've heard "transaxle" it's usually someone referring to a front wheel drive (transverse mounted engine) vehicle. But I'm also not sure how/where these sequential gearboxes are mounted on the next gen chassis.

I'm no expert with terminology, but every time I've heard "transaxle" it's usually someone referring to a front wheel drive (transverse mounted engine) vehicle. But I'm also not sure how/where these sequential gearboxes are mounted on the next gen chassis.
It can be both. The first time I knew of them was when I bought a VW bug.

The transaxle bolts directly to the main chassis members between the driver’s compartment and the fuel cell. It doesn’t move.

They’re talking about changing gear ratios 1-4 or 1-5.

The transaxle bolts directly to the main chassis members between the driver’s compartment and the fuel cell. It doesn’t move.

They’re talking about changing gear ratios 1-4 or 1-5.
Anybody else but DBC saying that? I haven't been able to find anything else about it. I think it is a bit late to be screwing around with the ratios for the championship race.

Anybody else but DBC saying that? I haven't been able to find anything else about it. I think it is a bit late to be screwing around with the ratios for the championship race.

I assumed it would be a test for next season, not for Sunday's race?

Regardless, I am glad to hear they are tinkering with the gearing to see if it helps anything. And with Goodyear improving their tire, now all that's left to do is add a little HP and we'll be right where we need to be with this short track package.

There are no other changes they could make to affect the need for shifting.

There are no other changes they could make to affect the need for shifting.
I don't think it is going to happen. Splitting it 5 ways, unless they come up with some really goofy ratios, 4and 5th the same and 3rd granny low lol. They shifted there when they had 4. They were shifting at this Martinsville and not a peep from the peanut gallery about OH they are shifting. Who knows. :idunno:

Well you know me. Gerbil Jeff doesn't like it and Hambone has been flapping his gums about it. Those two would run Nascar into the ground faster than Brian France's nose candy.

Transaxle…transmission + drive axle, can be front or rear mounted. Helps with weight bias, specifically front engine/RWD vehicles and, IIRC, unsprung weight.

Why it would be to prevent downshifting is a mystery to me, if that is in fact the case. Will make pit road entrances quite a spectacle if so. Lol.

Transaxle…transmission + drive axle, can be front or rear mounted. Helps with weight bias, specifically front engine/RWD vehicles and, IIRC, unsprung weight.

Why it would be to prevent downshifting is a mystery to me, if that is in fact the case. Will make pit road entrances quite a spectacle if so. Lol.

I guess I'm just curious to know why the term "transaxle" was used instead of DBC or whoever specifically mentioning the gearing?

I guess I'm just curious to know why the term "transaxle" was used instead of DBC or whoever specifically mentioning the gearing?
This may help. The axles aren't like a solid axle differential but are independent suspended and part of the transmission assembly

1698788168186.jpeg

The testing would be for next year, not the championship race.

It’s by default, the transaxle contains the gears so by saying “gears” you’re saying transaxle at the same time, if that makes sense.

It does, thanks. I'm just overanalyzing it lol

This is not a good comparison, but imagine someone reporting that NASCAR is testing a "new body" when they are just messing with the splitter and the diffuser and whatever else. While technically accurate, it's a broad term that could lead to many questions about their area of focus. But in this case, yeah, it's not really like that.

View attachment 73837
Which one is it again?

The testing is taking place this weekend because they are at the track already. Why do you think they would change the rules for Sunday's race?

Left side of picture toward rear of car, right has drive shaft flange. They still have a clutch mounted on engine and a drive shaft running beside the driver.

According to that article, they use a 4 speed trans for Martinsville....and they shifted lol.
With the old car and a 4 speed they shifted at Phoenix.

According to that article, they use a 4 speed trans for Martinsville....and they shifted lol.
With the old car and a 4 speed they shifted at Phoenix.
Seems like be lot cheaper to just say, no downshifting unless pitting or under caution. Once in X gear, you stay in X gear until one of those occurs. They have the data now. Easy to monitor.

Just dictate, no shifting on ovals while under green.

So how much do you have to slow down to be allowed to downshift? If you have to check up are you allowed to downshift?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Bob also said Toyota will have a new Camry body next year, status quo with Chevy and they’re still trying to figure out what to run after Camaro production comes to an end.

2024 Mustang Dark Horse body revealed

Nose/front wheel arch profile is really interesting.
This car looks really close to the actual Mustang street car. The arch has been used in the last couple of years on redesigns by Honda and Lexus. Looks to be the latest styling trend.

Back
Top Bottom