Praying Newman Is Okay

Very good news!!! Very good news!
512901f87c7d56ba8ca7ef5ff8844cc1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Awake and speaking. Atta boy Newman.

This may seem out of place, haven't read many threads relating to the 500 since the accident so don't really know where to put it.

The closing rates have got to decrease. They need to chop the spoiler and give them an extra 5 or 10 mph at this point.

I've seen chatter(other places than RF) that the drivers today don't have the skill to plate race. If the Irvans, Marlins, and Earnhardts from the 90's raced ultra-safe cars slamming into the guy directly in front of them going 15 mph faster, eight cars would finish those races as well.

This was all a matter of time.

Prayers up for Newman. Thoughts with Blaney and Lajoie too.

I honestly wonder how staying off the internet would have made us all feel yesterday.

I missed the accident and first saw it after it after hearing the news. After watching it now as it happened, I can honestly say that I wouldn't have expected serious injury at first glance. And given Gordon's and Joy's initial reaction, I don't think they did either. Totally different reaction to Jeff Bodine in the moment.

After seeing the replay of the clear driver side impact, it definitely would have been more concerning, but I don't think I would have considered death as a possibility if I didn't think about Dale, and the internet.

I guess my point is that superficially, the wreck itself isn't nauseating at a quick glance. Not sure why. We know it was, and that Newman was injured. Thank God he is going to make it.

I watched it all on DVR and hid myself from the internet all afternoon. By the time I saw, it had been reported that he had non-life threatening injuries. I'd consider myself lucky.

I also felt that way about the wreck myself until the fuel was spilling all over the ground next to the open flame, then noticed the way the car was sitting on the corner of the roof, then finally saw the grossly up close slo-mo replay, at that point already knowing a tiny bit of info.

This may seem out of place, haven't read many threads relating to the 500 since the accident so don't really know where to put it.

The closing rates have got to decrease. They need to chop the spoiler and give them an extra 5 or 10 mph at this point.

I've seen chatter(other places than RF) that the drivers today don't have the skill to plate race. If the Irvans, Marlins, and Earnhardts from the 90's raced ultra-safe cars slamming into the guy directly in front of them going 15 mph faster, eight cars would finish those races as well.

Not out of place at all and a very good take.

With the exception of Gordon, Earnhardt, and DW, today's top drivers are more talented and more skilled than the Elliots, Marlins, DJ, Labontes etc of the world. If todays drivers are wrecking, so are the 90s drivers.

With the exception of Gordon, Earnhardt, and DW, today's top drivers are more talented and more skilled than the Elliots, Marlins, DJ, Labontes etc of the world. If todays drivers are wrecking, so are the 90s drivers.

Cars are better, tires are better, the cars are safer, so many live in the past.

Just so relieved that he's alive awake and speaking. That was a real scare last night when the coverage went somber. Sitting up and alert is great news, keep it coming, really wishing him a full recovery for both him and his family quality of life. Ryan Newman is one tough cookie.

That wasnt gas spilling out. Fox(Larry Mac) said the night of the race that was oil from the oil tank. It is also in the trunk.

Just so relieved that he's alive awake and speaking. That was a real scare last night when the coverage went somber. Sitting up and alert is great news, keep it coming, really wishing him a full recovery for both him and his family quality of life. Ryan Newman is one tough cookie.

Sitting up and alert is great news - but the brain bleeding and bruising is troublesome. That takes days to resolve and if the outcome is negative it can be very serious. Still praying for Ryan to get through this and make a full recovery.

Bleeding and bruising. They didn't say brain, so is the damage superficial? He must have had a concussion which of course is mild brain trauma. Shocking if there wasn't any major trauma to the brain. That's incredible

Sitting up and alert is great news - but the brain bleeding and bruising is troublesome. That takes days to resolve and if the outcome is negative it can be very serious. Still praying for Ryan to get through this and make a full recovery.
Did they specify it was brain bleeding? It just says "head".

This could be a very credible source and most likely shared with the best of intentions. When I see this was shared by someone who has a friend who heard it from Ryan's dad, I would prefer to wait until hearing an official release by the family. I would also wonder why someone is sharing this information publicly.

Did they specify it was brain bleeding? It just says "head".

You're right - it says head, not brain. I'm not 100% sure what that means but it could mean external, which would be far better obviously. Thanks for the catch.

Also, saw this - sounds like Blaney is pretty shaken up, non unexpectedly.

This could be a very credible source and most likely shared with the best of intentions. When I see this was shared by someone who has a friend who heard it from Ryan's dad, I would prefer to wait until hearing an official release by the family. I would also wonder why someone is sharing this information publicly.
I hope it’s accurate. So do the racing people who brought it over to Twitter.

I believe they said they were going to keep him another day in ICU yesterday. Newman is not having it.:D

I agree.
I’m so thankful that he appears to be improving greatly but the secrecy definitely had me worried.
In the end it was none of our decision to make.
I’m just glad that a full recovery is a possibility.
I kinda feel like my chain has been jerked, but knowing Newman and his wit over the years, what can I say. Just glad he is fine, now get your ass to Vegas. :D

Back
Top Bottom