Pre-race thread --- FirstData 500, Martinsville

I have not been able to watch either of Elliott's engine failures, but he is not missing shifts is he? It's just strange that he is the only one having problems unless maybe he is getting the engines that dyno the biggest hp. The further you stretch a rubber band the better chance it has to brake. I hope they can figure the problem out fast.

Last edited:
9 has great averages. Suck to have to start in the back. Just try and keep it clean in traffic and don't overdrive it.

Bowyer is fast as hell in all averages. 5, 10, 15, and 20 lap averages.

He's got a good piece under him this weekend and it shows.

I have not been able to watch either of Elliott's engine failures, but he is not missing shifts is he? It's just strange that he is the only one having problems unless maybe he is getting the engines that dyno the biggest hp. The further you stretch a rubber band the better chance it has to brake. I hope they can figure the problem out fast.
OOPS, I type to fast sometimes...I meant break.:)

Bob Pockrass@bobpockrass·
17m

Front Row Motorsports GM Jerry Freeze wouldn’t disclose the medical issue but said he expects Matt Tifft to be released from hospital this afternoon. Won’t race this weekend. Crafton will replace him for qualifying and race. #nascar
@nascaronfox
Glad Tifft is out of hospital.
And kinda excited to see Crafton in a Cup race.:)

Top 15 qualifiers at Martinsville

upload_2019-10-26_16-23-52.png

What could have been for the 9 bunch. Just gonna be a little harder now.
Seriously. I was seriously confident that Chase would get Martinsville 2. They’ve got the car, just don’t feel great about coming from the back when Hamlin is going to dominate from pole.

KB botched his 2nd lap, should have qualified farther up the grid.

Interesting Larson said he spent no time in the simulator to try and get better at Martinsville. Just looked at data, and the practice sessions.

KB botched his 2nd lap, should have qualified farther up the grid.

Interesting Larson said he spent no time in the simulator to try and get better at Martinsville. Just looked at data, and the practice sessions.
Petty, Waltrip, Gordon and Johnson spent 0 seconds in a simulator to figure Martinsville out. Larson will be OK.

Interesting move by Burton in Trucks to elevate the team concept in the Playoffs.

Brad, Erik, Bowyer, Aric, Kurt, Jimmie, William, Alex...

are they ready to earn their Team paychecks?

To this day I find it comical that some considered the 9 driver a flash in the pan. LOL

You can tell Keselowski isn’t on board with the decision, but knows to shut up.

I disagree.....He is running his mouth about his Martinsville spring car being "outlawed". Would he have preferred to have been DQ'ed? I applaud NASCAR for the inspection procedures this year. If you think for a second that the cars are more legal, you are fooling yourself. Jay Fabian has been brilliant in managing the "stretching" of the rules with conversations instead of big ball penalties that would damage the sport. Brad's comments test the leadership in a bad way. Payback is hell. I like Brad, but I disagree that he knows when to shut up.

I disagree.....He is running his mouth about his Martinsville spring car being "outlawed". Would he have preferred to have been DQ'ed? I applaud NASCAR for the inspection procedures this year. If you think for a second that the cars are more legal, you are fooling yourself. Jay Fabian has been brilliant in managing the "stretching" of the rules with conversations instead of big ball penalties that would damage the sport. Brad's comments test the leadership in a bad way. Payback is hell. I like Brad, but I disagree that he knows when to shut up.
They brought the same car this weekend. Were they forced to change something?

Thankfully yes. That's about the only good out of this.

1 winner in the history of the track from outside the top 25 :(

There's a BIG difference between QUALIFYING outside the top 25 and having to START outside the top 25. If nobody runs over him on the way through the pack, he will be in the conversation in the last 50 laps. The good pit stall alone should gain him a bunch of spots.

I find it comical that people place him with the elites.. he is good..but there are others who are on another level.

The others have MUCH more experience and drive for teams that are MUCH better right now. On equal footing Chase can hold his own with ANY of the "elites".

Just for kicks when was Gordon's last legitimate win before being gifted Martinsville 2 in 15?
Or do I have the year wrong?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom