Quaker State 400 - Kentucky Race Thread

I have a really bad feeling about Hamlin. Remember his comments after the California wreck about having a girlfriend and a kid? I don't think he wants to do this much longer.

I can't can't cheer for AJ after he stupidly almost threw his career away, but if someone put him in a top ride that kid would win a lot of races right now.

I can't can't cheer for AJ after he stupidly almost threw his career away, but if someone put him in a top ride that kid would win a lot of races right now.
might use that one on Hamlin. If he is eating pain pills he shouldn't be in a car in the first place

I sincerely apologize for complimenting the way the race was going around the mid-point. Looks like we are back to the same old KY again...announcers explaining how the drivers are trying to save fuel ....

Fuel conservation and commercials. :(

What Harvick apparently had to say about the Dinger

"Idiot," Harvick says of Allmendinger after a battle. "That's why he races the way he races... And has other problems.

Denny is really pushing his luck. I understand the racer mentality of wanting to be in that car every weekend but at some point it's just not worth it.

Regardless of injury or not, Denny should call it a season after today. Get healed up and come back fresh next season.

Yep. It just isn't happening, and that's true for a bunch of veterans. We just may see 5 or 6 chase guys who have never been there before or have been missing for a bunch of years.

I have a really bad feeling about Hamlin. Remember his comments after the California wreck about having a girlfriend and a kid? I don't think he wants to do this much longer.
That girlfriend of Denny's is quite a looker, too. I think she used to be a Charlotte Bobcats cheerleader.

But...back on topic, doesn't seem like Denny's too seriously hurt based on the interview.

Denny is really pushing his luck. I understand the racer mentality of wanting to be in that car every weekend but at some point it's just not worth it.

Yep. Junyer did the right thing sitting out last year. Hamlin has not been 100% since that injury and he just keeps taking hard hits. He might be feeling a little better now but he won't tomorrow. There's a point where a team owner needs to step in and say "you're done for a while - get healthy then come back".

Way back while he was still healing he hinted that Joey may have a hard time making the chase with him on the track. I sure hope payback isn't what is motivating him to keep racing this year. I would love to see Bubba Wallace in the #11. The fact that he's African American should be appealing to any sponsor needing a short term driver.

Well glad it isn't too bad for Denny, but man just he really needs to think about just taking a break for the season and heal up, cause man one bad wreck could end his career.

JJ should thank his lucky stars he has Chad and HMS gear.. He had a avg. finish of 20th with Herzong in the Busch series

Back
Top Bottom