Quaker State 400 - Kentucky Race Thread

JJ continues to show he is one of the best drivers nascar has ever seen. The guy is so smooth few realize what a wheelman he really is.
Jimmie has 63 wins and 5 championships, and he's what, maybe the 5th or 6th most popular driver in the sport? I've never understood the JJ hate. The guy's just damn good.

Jimmie has 63 wins and 5 championships, and he's what, maybe the 5th or 6th most popular driver in the sport? I've never understood the JJ hate. The guy's just damn good.
He's damn good, but he just comes across as a wee bit arrogant, a lot boring, and has championed the vanilla movement that has, in many people's opinion, ruined NASCAR.

One day we'll all look back on what Jimmie's done in a short amount of time and realize that the Jimmie and Chad duo is one of the greatest dynasties in the history of professional sports.

I think a lot of it is people hate Knaus. Sort of guilt by association.

JJ gonna do two tires twice in a row (or maybe even a fuel only) - I guess the track isn't that rough after all.

He's damn good, but he just comes across as a wee bit arrogant, a lot boring, and has championed the vanilla movement that has, in many people's opinion, ruined NASCAR.

You should read his Twitter feed then. Vanilla? Anything but.

If we're going to blame one driver for the vanilla image that populates NASCAR, I'd say Jeff Gordon would be the one.

Way back while he was still healing he hinted that Joey may have a hard time making the chase with him on the track. I sure hope payback isn't what is motivating him to keep racing this year. I would love to see Bubba Wallace in the #11. The fact that he's African American should be appealing to any sponsor needing a short term driver.

That would be interesting. Quality experience for Bubba and JGR could use the #11 as a sort of experimental or test car in preparation for 2014.

I don't hate Johnson, not a fan, but I don't hate him, but he just seems too uh plain and boring to me, he needs a bit of personality, but not too much of it either.

You should read his Twitter feed then. Vanilla? Anything but.

If we're going to blame one driver for the vanilla image that populates NASCAR, I'd say Jeff Gordon would be the one.
I don't read 8 bazillion twitter feeds, ain't got time for that crap. What I see is on TV, where he he comes across just like I described. And his TV blandness has been around wayyyyyyy longer that the twitterverse garbage.

I think a lot of it is people hate Knaus. Sort of guilt by association.

A lot of people don't "hate" Jimmie, they're just sick of seeing him win. Now the ones who cry about cheating and do hate JJ - it's the same types that hate Lebron James and claim the NBA rigs the game for him to win and sit there and claim baseball players like Derek Jeter and Chris Davis are on steroids.

That would be interesting. Quality experience for Bubba and JGR could use the #11 as a sort of experimental or test car in preparation for 2014.

I get the feeling Bubba may be the closest thing to Earnhardt we'll ever get. I'm not suggesting he will have that talent level, but he'll win with attitude and he doesn't take any sheet.

I just wish he would shave, because he looks like a tanned Michael J Fox in Teen Wolf.

crap whatever he does won't be the right thing, D.W. had the same problem at Bristol, people don't like a constant winner..bad for business

I don't read 8 bazillion twitter feeds, ain't got time for that crap. What I see is on TV, where he he comes across just like I described. And his TV blandness has been around wayyyyyyy longer that the twitterverse garbage.

What personality does he need? Everyone thinks every driver who comes off as a nice guy is "vanilla". Brad Keselowski and Kyle Busch are the only drivers who people say have "personality" in the sport and that's because one is a paranoid whiner and the other is an a**hole.

Harvick was really moving there for a bit then.....not so much.

Agreed. The guy is way too in control to be exciting to my taste.

I also think a lot of people think he wins too much, which may have a lot to do with it.

Some people could be like that, I know I'm not one of them cause I like John Force over in NHRA and he's one of if not the best of all time there, I liked Earnhardt and he won a lot also, but if that's the reason people don't like him then I don't see why they'd watch any sport because if you like someone you'd want them to win, right? :confused:

The other problem is that Jimmie's such a smooth driver that people don't think he puts it all on the line like Kyle Busch. Jimmie doesn't wreck like Kyle does therefore people don't think he's wide open and Jimmie is smart enough to know, most of the time, when not to force the issue.

What personality does he need? Everyone thinks every driver who comes off as a nice guy is "vanilla". Brad Keselowski and Kyle Busch are the only drivers who people say have "personality" in the sport and that's because one is a paranoid whiner and the other is an a**hole.
I'm glad your trying to convince us otherwise, but to many, many, many people, he comes across as a bore. One can be a nice guy without putting people to sleep.

JJ unloads every week with one of the fastest cars if not the fastest.. Considering he only had 1 win in 100 starts with a 20th place avg. finish in the Busch/Nationwide series I gotta think the48 TEAM should get the credit for their success. I'd luv to see how he would do without Chad and HMS equipment

bull crap, I'm guessing the 48 will get 4 and drive it to the front...bold prediction..rubs forehead

Back
Top Bottom