Race pics and experiences

A lot of good memories Jake. Welcome to the forum.

Just found this forum. I figured this would be a good first post.

For the June Pocono race i was selected to be a Natures Bakery "Fantern" . I was able to meet the crew, tour a hauler (for some reason Tony's not Danica's but it was still cool). We (my dad & i) also got a garage tour, provided food and drinks. I also got to chat with Danica for a bit, both Sunday and Monday before the race started. She was very polite, talkative and seemed really interested in what i was talking about. It felt like we had been friends for years. I have Cerebral Palsy and use my wheelchair to get around the garage. Sorry if the pictures are at a lower angle than you would expect. Anyways, I took quite a few pictures. Here they are:

Hope you guys like them!

Wow Jake, that was awesome. Lucky dude!
Thanks for posting them.

Some photos from Driver's Meeting, Homestead 2016:
IMG-20170110-WA0031.jpg
IMG-20170110-WA0033.jpg
IMG-20170110-WA0039.jpg
IMG-20170110-WA0040.jpg
IMG-20170110-WA0041.jpg
IMG-20170110-WA0042.jpg
IMG-20170110-WA0043.jpg
IMG-20170110-WA0044.jpg
IMG-20170110-WA0045.jpg
IMG-20170110-WA0046.jpg

I just now saw your pictures Jake...... they are awesome.... congratulations to you for meeting Danica and having such a great experience Bud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Landed these two beauties from the Daytona flea market for a whopping total of $21! Gotta love those private vendors.
20170220_162746.jpg
20170220_172351.jpg
Cooler is 13×10x8 and is in mint condition. The sign is about 14x8. Thank you to whoever owned them prior. Highly recommend a trip there to anyone who visits the speedway on a race weekend, it's literally just a mile or 2 up the road. Great deals and some rare finds.

We made our way to Atlanta for the first time last weekend. Overall, good experience. We got to the track around 11:00am and headed to the fan experience to see Kyle Larson, who's my wife's favorite, do a Q&A. Afterwards, she weaseled her way to the front and was able to get her 42 hat signed by him. Our seats were in the Champions grandstand right at the start/finish line. Great seats! We already renewed for next year.

IMG_0197.JPG
IMG_0226.JPG
IMG_0224.JPG
IMG_0223.JPG
IMG_0222.JPG
IMG_0221.JPG
IMG_0220.JPG
IMG_0219.JPG
IMG_0233.JPG
IMG_0234.JPG
Here's a few pics from the cup race in Vegas. Pics were taken from the neon garage and my seats up in the Earnhardt terrace. I had a great time and met some good people. It was nice being around so many NASCAR fans.​

Great time at Auto Club. My take away.....Erik Jones is the deal. If I could explain to the average dude why it is cool to be able to take a car/driver with no clue on a Friday, and turn it/him into a package with race winning speed by Sunday, I would be able to fill the stands, and people would never miss a race. Dude was visibly terrible on Friday, and exceptional by Sunday. For obvious reasons, his finish does not tell the whole story. This kid is good. Really good.

Another take away.....Kyle Larson was extremely good obviously. Truex Jr. was better in clean air (yes better), but nobody could touch Kyle center off in 1 and 2. Deeper in traffic, Truex Jr. was better, but if Kyle smelled the front, it was done by exit of 2.

Intriguing weekend. Very, very, very happy with my TRD powered Toyota Camrys. They are fast. Good things coming. Kyle and Adam still have a bit of work to do, but it will be fun to see all of this come good.

May I inquire what exactly is a "Dress Code Area" at a NASCAR race and what type of restrictions they enforce beyond no shirts, no shoes, no service?
Here ya go.

CLUBHOUSE
Indoor climate-controlled seating featuring high-back, padded chairs and TV monitors. Clubhouse seats are located directly across from pit road and one level below The Speedway Club Restaurant, which provides excellent views of the gigantic HDTV. Includes elevator access, cash-bar service, clubhouse level restrooms and easy access to the 5th Floor Café. The indoor Café area offers our signature casual dining menu with cash-bars, sweet shop and an indoor dining area.

Dress Code: The dress code consists of business casual/country club casual such as dress pants and capris, golf-style/walking shorts. In addition to the above, we will allow jeans and casual shirts. Jackets and ties are not required. No screen printed t-shirts; undershirts; cut-off shorts; athletic wear; torn or tattered clothing; or beach style flip-flops.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds fantastic and I hope you enjoy the 600 to the fullest. I hope you post some pictures from the race.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds fantastic and I hope you enjoy the 600 to the fullest. I hope you post some pictures from the race.
I usually post pictures but I'm old and slow. :D

Entirely unfair at a Nascar race. Besides that, people wore them anyway in the suite I was in.
Yep. They do at every race we go to no matter what the dress code says. A good friend at ISC said that all of the tracks on the circuit post a tight dress code in the suites and clubs because they know some people will cheat a little. :D

Reactions: Pat
Hey what a coincidence..today I was standing outside turn four and there was this kid in a wheel chair and Ben stopped and talked to the parents and kid then they took a couple of pictures. The thing is you don't have to be a Cup champion to have fans. I think every driver out there has some and Ben deserves more.

Hey what a coincidence..today I was standing outside turn four and there was this kid in a wheel chair and Ben stopped and talked to the parents and kid then they took a couple of pictures. The thing is you don't have to be a Cup champion to have fans. I think every driver out there has some and Ben deserves more.
He seemed like a great guy. I definitely have a favorite in trucks now.

We had a great time at Martinsville today. I was my sons first race. It couldn't have been much better. I would have loved for his favorite driver (Chase) to have won but at least he ran very well. Weather was perfect. People sitting around us were great. After the race were standing by the fence watching drivers leave, he got to see Chase walk by, that was cool. Also saw AJ Almendinger and Joe Gibbs walk by. A crew member from Kyle Busch's team walked up to my son and gave him a handful of race used lug nuts. He thought that was the coolest thing ever. I'll post pics after I download my memory card.

We had a great time at Martinsville today. I was my sons first race. It couldn't have been much better. I would have loved for his favorite driver (Chase) to have won but at least he ran very well. Weather was perfect. People sitting around us were great. After the race were standing by the fence watching drivers leave, he got to see Chase walk by, that was cool. Also saw AJ Almendinger and Joe Gibbs walk by. A crew member from Kyle Busch's team walked up to my son and gave him a handful of race used lug nuts. He thought that was the coolest thing ever. I'll post pics after I download my memory card.
Too cool. Small gestures like that is what separates NASCAR from all other sports and is what will make lifelong NASCAR fans.

Where were you when you took that fourth picture showing Brad doing the burn out? If you were in Turn two, you must have been right near me.

So I was going to post a bunch of pictures and do a write up about the great weekend I had at Martinsville. Then I thought most everyone here already knows how great Martinsville is and so I decided to post only my favorite picture of the weekend.
109_1634.JPG

That Dog looks great!!!! Everyone is always griping about the cost of the food and drinks at the concession stands.... What was the price of that great looking Hotdog?????

Where were you when you took that fourth picture showing Brad doing the burn out? If you were in Turn two, you must have been right near me.
Clay earls tower, section LL. Top row. Maybe the best seats I've had at Martinsville.

Back
Top Bottom