Race pics and experiences

I wanted to add something else that happened on Sunday that was just awesome. At Martinsville they have the drivers meeting in a tent outside turn three. Of course many fans gather nearby to watch the drivers and others come to the meeting. Some get pictures and autographs. There was a young man and his son, who looked to be about 5 standing and watching. Then someone official looking, he had a sport jacket on, came over and asked the man if he and his son would like to go into the tent where the meeting was. Of course he went with his son in tow. Both had super big smiles as they waived to the rest of us who were still standing and watching. I don't know if this is a common occurrence or they just did it for some reason at Martinsville, but it was great to see and I am sure a special moment that a dad and his son will remember for years to come.

At Vegas the Monster Energy truck was driving around the parking lot giving away freebies. Too sweet for me tho....

8c627bee5e9a8701c21bf50ada1d3c10.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mentioned in a different thread a Penske junior sedan series car was on display at the Discount Tire store near me. It was still there today.

According to the guy tending the thing it’ll be here thru the week then move to Richmond this weekend. From there it’ll spend a week in Suffolk before it goes back to the shop.
DSC_2554.jpg

Anyway, some images in the next few posts. Don’t expect much. It was misty out, tryin’ to work up a rain.

c01.jpg

The passenger's side window was slid back so they could run a battery charger cord through it.

Reactions: Pat
c02.jpg

The attendant, for want of a better word, said it hadn't been fired up in a couple days. He got in it, put the steerin' wheel on (I guess in case it went onto Holland Road) 'n cranked on it a while. It finally caught 'n fired. It's at idle in upper left image. Look at the tach.

Lower left is the exhaust 'n right side jack peg.

Lower right is a spoiler tab. They're optional 'n bolted on instead of riveted.

c03.jpg

Upper left is about when the front passenger seat cushion would be. The red tube is the fuel line - so marked.

Upper right is the twin valve stem set up for inflatin' the tire and inner liner.

Others of the B pillar 'n hauler.

Mentioned in a different thread a Penske junior sedan series car was on display at the Discount Tire store near me. It was still there today.

According to the guy tending the thing it’ll be here thru the week then move to Richmond this weekend. From there it’ll spend a week in Suffolk before it goes back to the shop.
View attachment 26159
Anyway, some images in the next few posts. Don’t expect much. It was misty out, tryin’ to work up a rain.
What is a "junior sedan series car"?

I caught the "bug" in 2010. It's an addiction...haha.
Hell yea it is!!! lol I'll be in Charlotte next month st track well I live right down street from it lol.. I'll be at darlington then Miami for championship

Thanks for eveyrone that shared on here. Looking forward to getting to some new tracks over the next couple years. I'll find some pics but I've been to Texas eight times if anyone has questions on it and Kansas three. Kansas is lame but Texas is a great atmosphere to camp out at and there is a lot to do in the area.

texas.jpg
Texas2.jpg
Texas Motor Speedway. Love that track, we always camp out in campsite 3 by the retention pond it's a hell of a party. DUring day we'll go down to the Stockyards in Fort Worth. They also just buily a Buc-cees at the track.

May 7,2017 - Talladega

Just an awesome day at the races. The drivers behaved most of the the day
except for that one touch on the back left bumper of the #24. You should
of heard the screams of horror as my area watched the big one unfold on the
the big screen. I actually had my mic on an recorded it. Also had the mic on
when the screams of joy came out when Stenhouse took the lead. Sorry KB18 fans.
Every lap of that race you are just on pins and needles. Almost uncomfortably.
When you are their live, you cant help but think those drivers are either so brave
or just nuts. There is no way in the world I would want to, nor, could do what they
do on a super speedway. Here are a few pics.

Anyone else heading to Kansas this weekend? It will be my first race I'm taking my trailer too. Weather looks perfect I'll make sure to get some pics up here after the weekend.

Just got back from speedway. Weather was perfect and last night's race was insane. First time towing my trailer to the speedway, really liked it except the douchebags next to us literally had the loudest generator in the campground and ran it 24/7. No plywood around it or anything. Parked my car in between our trailer and them and also put a cot on it's side next to it to block some of the noise.RV sites also were pretty small, only 20 x 45.

If you camp at Kansas get one of the spots on the end, we were right in middle which increased odds of bad neighbors. Rest of people were super chill, good times had by all. Everyone was pissed when Kyle won the truck race and the talk last night was how incredibly self absorbed, entitled, and inconsiderate Danica is after her interview. To see her come out whining and bitching after we'd all been sitting in the stands for 20 minutes while they cut the roof off the 43 was unreal.

Last edited:
Know what you mean about those loud generators. Son and I left to go home
at 3 a.m. while tent camping at an AMA Superbike race. Neighbors a few trailors
down did not see anything wrong with their 3 1/2 hp Briggs and Stratton
generator with a straight pipe. We only live 30 mins away so it was not to big a deal
and went back to the track after a good nites sleep.

First time towing my trailer to the speedway, really liked it except the douchebags next to us literally had the loudest generator in the campground and ran it 24/7.
Know what you mean about those loud generators. Son and I left to go home
at 3 a.m. while tent camping at an AMA Superbike race. Neighbors a few trailors
down did not see anything wrong with their 3 1/2 hp Briggs and Stratton
generator with a straight pipe. We only live 30 mins away so it was not to big a deal
and went back to the track after a good nites sleep.
Every Campground we go to has a quiet time from around 9 PM until 7 AM and It's strictly enforced. That's State and National Park campgrounds as well as every track campground we've ever been to. At Eldora we shut down our EU3000IS Honda at night and that thing is really quiet.

Every Campground we go to has a quiet time from around 9 PM until 7 AM and It's strictly enforced. That's State and National Park campgrounds as well as every track campground we've ever been to. At Eldora we shut down our EU3000IS Honda at night and that thing is really quiet.

Nothing was enforced at the outside campgrounds at Kansas. If you go here I recommend requesting one of the spots at the end of the outside rows.

Back
Top Bottom