RACE thread --- Daytona 500

Rain Delay proves that the Daytona 500 this year is the equivalent of the Amazon Rainforest.

Even if there is a curfew, is anything gonna happen? Does anyone really think the Daytona Beach PD is gonna roll up at 2:05 AM and be like “yeah could y’all please stop, people are trying to sleep”.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

No, but in all seriousness, Daytona/ISC will just get a hefty fine.

Fans have been clamoring for tarps for years, has nascar ever provided an explanation on why this isn't possible?
Not to my knowledge, but cost would likely be the only reason. It is rare for tracks to have multiple postponements in a decade, so researching, developing, implementing, and maintaining a tarp system wouldn't be a wise investment. Plus having to train employees how to set it up, paying those employees, etc. And no guarantee it will be effective.

I have zero doubt this guy is a full fledged poster here at Racing-Forums.com watch out for that rain y’all . It’ll get ya .

No doubt there is one, but I think NASCAR gets an exemption from it like Charlie said.

I am waiting to see what is going on with race before I decide what I am going to make dinner, its going 5p here
Going on 6 here. I’m just reading NASCAR twitter melting down, it’s ugly out there.

Xe082io.png

I have zero doubt this guy is a full fledged poster here at Racing-Forums.com watch out for that rain y’all . It’ll get ya .

****** disgusting. This is the most damaging day for this sport I can remember.

Teams told to uncover cars.
5 minutes later: Teams told to cover cars.
5 minutes later: Teams told to uncover cars.
5 minutes later: Teams told to cover cars.

What are they doing to these poor drivers and fans. Just let everyone go home for the night!

And there it is.

For those that want from the source

Reactions: Pat
Well I was 4, so.

The rain delay isn't the problem. It's all the BS games NASCAR is playing.
They're trying to do something, anything to get the show started for the fans in the stands. I can't disagree with that. As a fan who's been at the track for these delays, I applauded the efforts. It's not doing any harm.

**** NASCAR for this. I have work obligations at 4 so I won't get to enjoy the race. There is no reason they couldn't get it in tonight. Shot themself in the foot and ruined my weekend. **** this.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom