RACE thread --- Daytona 500

NASCAR is run by idiots. Every fan in the country is watching the radar and getting reports online.

NASCAR:

giphy.gif

I’m going to make some dinner, hopefully there’s good news or they just push it back to Monday Night NASCAR

Rain drops hitting lake Lloyd. Time to call it .

Just to be clear I'm being 100 percent sarcastic. Nascar is ran by people that make Forrest Gump look like a ******** genius
I know I get your humor ha ha I was joking as well. I like Chex, good poster on here. Just a tough deal all around today for everyone

How was Atlanta I’ve always wanted to go to a race there just for the history of so many champions being crowned there....And of course Rockingham if they ever get any racing there id try to attend those as well
I like sitting in the corners, and I really like the grandstands they took out of 3 and 4. Multiple lines, a worn surface with some tire drop-off, great racing. There's basically only one way in and out, and traffic could be a bear back in the heyday. I haven't been since '15 but I have no reason to think it isn't still a good value for my entertainment dollars.

Rockingham was the bomb.

Last edited:
Just woke up from a nice nap and it looks like I have not missed much. This would be a good time for some banana cream pie.

Okay, what is even dumber is scheduling a race all the way across the country, the weekend after a race in a state notorious for unpredictable weather, so you give teams no breathing room if the event is a washout
Yeah, but if they race at Atlanta it would be chilly and fans would have to wear a sweatshirt.

I like sitting in the corners, and I really like the grandstands they took out of 3 and 4. Multiple lines, a worn surface with some tire drop-off, great racing. There's basically only one way in and out, and traffic could be a bear back in the heyday. I haven't been since '15 but I have no reason to think it isn't stillna good value for my entertainment dollars.

Rockingham was the bomb.
Did you stay near the track or city of Atlanta? Man lucky you got to go to Rockingam I tried going to the truck races there when they tried to revive the track but I was just out of college and didn’t have fund$ to travel

There can't be a curfew because they literally finished the July race in 2015 at 3:30am after a night full of rain delay.
But but, there is a curfew...............

Too bad they spent all that time drying it and have no way to keep it dry.

If only big plastic canvases exist that could be rolled onto the track either from the walls or behind a truck.

oh well.
I know , right, like they could call it a tarp or something, but there is this..................again

Okay, what is even dumber is scheduling a race all the way across the country, the weekend after a race in a state notorious for unpredictable weather, so you give teams no breathing room if the event is a washout
Okay, you'll get no argument from me on that one.

Still, this is why teams get the big bucks. There are plenty of reliably scheduled jobs driving for FedEx, but even those hit the fan when it snows in Memphis.

If only big plastic canvases exist that could be rolled onto the track either from the walls or behind a truck.

oh well.
This is a fantastic idea like how MLB parks have the Tarps to roll out over the field. Surprising someone hasn’t figured out how to engineer such system for a race track

oh well.
Fans have been clamoring for tarps for years, has nascar ever provided an explanation on why this isn't possible?

Have we figured out if there is a curfew or no curfew? I thought that debate was still going on
No doubt there is one, but I think NASCAR gets an exemption from it like Charlie said.
I still have to make dinner, I luckily still have snacks left if they decide to throw the green later in the evening
I am waiting to see what is going on with race before I decide what I am going to make dinner, its going 5p here

Did you stay near the track or city of Atlanta? Man lucky you got to go to Rockingam I tried going to the truck races there when they tried to revive the track but I was just out of college and didn’t have fund$ to travel
I drive from home back and forth to Atlanta, 3.5 hours one way. The Rock was 2.5. Charlotte is also 2.5. Bristol is 5; we stay in Asheville.

Back
Top Bottom