RACE thread --- Duels 1 & 2

They don't call that, see James Buescher Xfinity Daytona win and Elliott Sadler stealing a win from Brennan Poole while crashing.
Inconsistent as always.

And Poole got absolutely robbed. There were multiple precedents that should’ve resulted in Sadler not winning.

That car really held up well
Yeah it is going to be interesting to see if they fix the 22 and the 21 or go to their backups.
1645152023269.png

I think WE the hardcore fans will enjoy this 500. NASCAR and the 80% of people watching wanting side-by-side-by-side-by-side three-by-three-by-three-by-three "racing" 391 rows deep will not... and I'm sure it'll be different by Talladega when that rolls around.

Major kudos to ol' Carl Long.

MBM managed to get two whole cars ready for the 500, even though neither made it to the big show. It takes a lot of dedication to continue what he does with the lack of resources or major sponsors of other teams.

Major kudos to ol' Carl Long.

MBM managed to get two whole cars ready for the 500, even though neither made it to the big show. It takes a lot of dedication to continue what he does with the lack of resources or major sponsors of other teams.
Wonder if one of the big teams will buy one or both of them to use as backups?

I think WE the hardcore fans will enjoy this 500. NASCAR and the 80% of people watching wanting side-by-side-by-side-by-side three-by-three-by-three-by-three "racing" 391 rows deep will not... and I'm sure it'll be different by Talladega when that rolls around.

Yeah I liked it but the casual fans these days eat up the slotcars

My guess is Carl Long is sitting in the catbird seat. After they wreck 15 cars in the 500, Carl can name his price. What make body is he running?

I don't see how people can predict how the 500 will go with a new car and watching a couple of duels myself

How about a bet. $1.00

Less than 20 cars on lead lap by 1/2 way point.

No more than 20 cars finish the race.

Put you money where your mouth is. :dual9mm:
Like I said, watching a couple of duel races with a new car? You go ahead with yourself Rambo.

Usually I agree bc driver's don't play all their cards. But good cars in the back struggled to keep up with the draft... I don't think that was at all on purpose or driver intent.
If they don't add 50-75HP this will be a waaaay old-school race. LOTS of lap down cars. I don't have a problem with that though. I broke my rose-colored glasses long time ago. A pig is a pig no matter how much lipstick you put on it. Not saying the car is bad. It's brand new. They will be better at Talladega and even better at Daytona II.

If they don't add 50-75HP this will be a waaaay old-school race. LOTS of lap down cars. I don't have a problem with that though. I broke my rose-colored glasses long time ago. A pig is a pig no matter how much lipstick you put on it. Not saying the car is bad. It's brand new. They will be better at Talladega and even better at Daytona II.
They're not gonna add power, they don't want the higher speeds

No that you're telling people you can't predict anything about how the cars will race while giving your opinion on how the cars will race out of the other side of your mouth.
You have missed the point I think the 500 is going to be a great race. You have a problem with that? Y

Back
Top Bottom