RACE thread --- Duels 1 & 2

You yourself in this thread already said this car races well and that it'll be "one hell of a 500"...
The car looked fine to me. It's just a brick by itself. That's not bad. Just different. Remember Awesome Bill's 2 laps down Talladega run? One car running alone made up 2 laps. These cars fall like a rock if by themselves.

I have ZERO problem with only 10 cars finishing on lead lap and 20 others being multiple laps down. Used to love when Jeff Purvis showed up at 1/4 mile dirt track and had 1/2 track lead in 2 laps. On every restart. I LIKE seeing teams hit on something that works. Nobody knows what works yet. But they don't have enough HP for this track.

I'll watch every lap assuming I don't stroke out before then. :p

I'm assuming they are trying to keep speeds down on purpose to decrease the chances of getting upside down? Didn't NASCAR say they think running at 185 is a lot safer than 200?
Yep I bet a lot of hours are spent simulating various situations. I have noticed they don't like at all over 200 and are much more comfortable at 190- 195

It might have something to do with the high cost of liability insurance premiums.

I’m not speaking for Daytona, but I’ve noticed the more they cut the horsepower at a lot of tracks, the less a lot of fans including on here care about the product and showed up at the track. Maybe they should have been willing to pay for it.

I’m not speaking for Daytona, but I’ve noticed the more they cut the horsepower at a lot of tracks, the less a lot of fans including on here care about the product.
some live by complaining. There is no satisfying them so Nascar seems to ignore the smaller minority and moves forward. The increasing popularity and ratings proves the point in their pocket books.

Let's see how many cars show up for 2nd & 3rd race of the season. Be surprised if they aren't a few cars short. Depends on how many cars they kill Sunday.

Probably the 36 charters + a Carl Long car and maybe a Hezeberg car. So 38 at best. 37 most likely

I will be surprised if Long or some of the others small teams make the trip west in the first place. That has been happening for years.
Wonder if someone will rent his cars for the trip West for back-ups? Except that bodies are hard to get. X amount if unused, Y if it gets used? If any big teams are short on parts, would definitely help.

I'm wondering if RFK will win more races this year. I can't remember the last time they have won one. More competition...good

I don't want it cancelled, but if you're a new/casual fan tuning in right now and this is what you see, it's not a great look

The charter system ruined a lot of practice and qualifying enthusiasm. Even in 2015 they had 45 cars for 43 spots every week. Meanwhile Xfinity has 45 cars for 38 & Trucks have 42 trucks for 36.

The charter system ruined a lot of practice and qualifying enthusiasm. Even in 2015 they had 45 cars for 43 spots every week. Meanwhile Xfinity has 45 cars for 38 & Trucks have 42 trucks for 36.
and some people cried because there were so many underfunded backmarkers in the races.

Ugh Bowman the Front Row Man makes as much sense as Joe Nemechek being called front row Joe
What would be a better nickname for the guy with a record 5 straight front row starts at Daytona? Bowman the showman sure wasn't a good one. :confused:

Let's see how many cars show up for 2nd & 3rd race of the season. Be surprised if they aren't a few cars short. Depends on how many cars they kill Sunday.
I'll bet you they have a full field.

Queue the the revman cheatin’ oval rant
The rant was justified. The rant is over. Chevy has speed. Fords seem to race well. Toyota is either chilling and waiting for the big show, or WE will get our asses kicked. Can't wait to find out. I love this sport. Your post is looking for love. You will get it from a couple. I have a DM folder full of posters who agree with me about last year, but would rather not get into the mix. I respect that. The problem was that Chevy wasn't cheating BTW. That cheating' rant is @StandOnIt material. Keep up.

The rant was justified. The rant is over. Chevy has speed. Fords seem to race well. Toyota is either chilling and waiting for the big show, or WE will get our asses kicked. Can't wait to find out. I love this sport. Your post is looking for love. You will get it from a couple. I have a DM folder full of posters who agree with me about last year, but would rather not get into the mix. I respect that. The problem was that Chevy wasn't cheating BTW. That cheating' rant is @StandOnIt material. Keep up.
uh nope

Back
Top Bottom