RACE thread --- Homestead

And this year could much more easily be attributed to actual OEM differences rather than having the deck stacked in terms of organizations and drivers.

Ford made a slight update to the 2014 car and a more notable update to the 2016 car. Should they have to update the race car (and simultaneously, the road car) annually just to stay on level ground? This year's Camry and next year's ZL1 make it apparent we could have an all-out aero war on our hands again, and I can see why drivers may not want that to be the case.

That is what I am seeing. Toyota ran that car this year and it won't be on the street until 2018, now here comes GM after a season of having terrible results. Nascar might be playing dumb, but letting that design be approved and then not checking it against the others the first year it is raced when that is their standard practice to check the cars, sometimes multiple times during the season doesn't look good. If you are trying to hold down the costs and make it close racing, not checking is the exact opposite of what you should be doing IMO. It's not rocket science. IMSA has been able to balance many manufacturers and engine packages to get close results across the board and they do a good job at it.

Last edited:
And this year could much more easily be attributed to actual OEM differences rather than having the deck stacked in terms of organizations and drivers.

Ford made a slight update to the 2014 car and a more notable update to the 2016 car. Should they have to update the race car (and simultaneously, the road car) annually just to stay on level ground? This year's Camry and next year's ZL1 make it apparent we could have an all-out aero war on our hands again, and I can see why drivers may not want that to be the case.

If they want to keep up with the competition they should. I can also understand Brad's frustrations but I feel he should be more frustrated with Ford than NASCAR.

If they want to keep up with the competition they should. I can also understand Brad's frustrations but I feel he should be more frustrated with Ford than NASCAR.

then we get what they have in F-1 a manufacturer who is willing to outspend everybody else and a series that lets them. To each his own. I think we got that this year. Nascar turned a blind eye to what was obvious to many drivers and fans.

then we get what they have in F-1 a manufacturer who is willing to outspend everybody else and a series that lets them. To each his own. I think we got that this year. Nascar turned a blind eye to what was obvious to many drivers and fans.

I'd rather have it that way than all the cars looking alike and manufacture's not really having anything to do with the competition.

I'm kind of looking forward to hearing Busch, Larson, and Truex on Radioactive. It might even clear up some of the things we have been discussing on here.

I'd rather have it that way than all the cars looking alike and manufacture's not really having anything to do with the competition.

If one manufacturer is willing to spend millions of dollars to gain an advantage and Nascar is going to give back the advantage to competing makes then they might as well just go full IROC, IMO. Where is the incentive to achieve and out do your competitors otherwise?

Great battle at the end with Truex and the two Kyles, i think the reason Busch couldn't pass Truex is because he used up his tires. And Larson didn't pass them because he didnt want to interfere with the championship battle and be compared to Preece, even though Preece did nothing wrong

Did Truex propose to his GF during the celebration, I thought I read that on Twitter....... if it did happen Rick Allen would have spontaneously combusted.

All the crying and moaning and hand wringing can end now...... The best car and driver throughout the year won the Cup...... as it should
That is what I am seeing. Toyota ran that car this year and it won't be on the street until 2018, now here comes GM after a season of having terrible results. Nascar might be playing dumb, but letting that design be approved and then not checking it against the others the first year it is raced when that is their standard practice to check the cars, sometimes multiple times during the season doesn't look good. If you are trying to hold down the costs and make it close racing, not checking is the exact opposite of what you should be doing IMO. It's not rocket science. IMSA has been able to balance many manufacturers and engine packages to get close results across the board and they do a good job at it.
new Camry been out

And it's ugly as a mud fence! Almost as bad as an Aztec. Guess that don't matter to the grandmas who need a slow grocery getter

Went to race and I’m just getting back to Charlotte, and still in disbelief that Kyle Busch didn’t win that damn race! I been reading comments on here and I didn’t want to respond until I got back.. one thing I have learned over this two years of watching this sport is that NASCAR will down a driver and wish bad on a driver if they don’t like them.. ok about the race, it’s nothjng Kyle Busch could have done , I seen it with my own eyes and listened on his channel durning the race.. this was just Truex year .. that don’t mean he was the better driver because he isn’t it was just his year and nobody could have done anything about it.. Kyle’s car could have been 5 times faster than Truex car and he would have still lost it’s just that simple.. Truex and that team just had something on there side this year and nothing was stopping that damn team.. they got break after break after break it’s crazy.. the 18 car was in a different league than anyone’s car Sunday.. perfect strategy, good pit stops all day just running a perfect race.. he was really about to win that race by like 10 seconds or even more, if that caution would have came out that saved Truex and the rest of those guys.. which Kurt Busch was off the damn track and they still called the caution .. one again Truex saved, then on finale restart Logano comes from nowhere and makes Kyle uses his tires up lol before he could ever fight Truex for the league , I knew fighting with Joey cost him the win and right after he passed Joey he said I’m done guys I have nothing left for the leader.. it’s just crazy how everything fell in line for Truex in that race and all year..

Went to race and I’m just getting back to Charlotte, and still in disbelief that Kyle Busch didn’t win that damn race! I been reading comments on here and I didn’t want to respond until I got back.. one thing I have learned over this two years of watching this sport is that NASCAR will down a driver and wish bad on a driver if they don’t like them.. ok about the race, it’s nothjng Kyle Busch could have done , I seen it with my own eyes and listened on his channel durning the race.. this was just Truex year .. that don’t mean he was the better driver because he isn’t it was just his year and nobody could have done anything about it.. Kyle’s car could have been 5 times faster than Truex car and he would have still lost it’s just that simple.. Truex and that team just had something on there side this year and nothing was stopping that damn team.. they got break after break after break it’s crazy.. the 18 car was in a different league than anyone’s car Sunday.. perfect strategy, good pit stops all day just running a perfect race.. he was really about to win that race by like 10 seconds or even more, if that caution would have came out that saved Truex and the rest of those guys.. which Kurt Busch was off the damn track and they still called the caution .. one again Truex saved, then on finale restart Logano comes from nowhere and makes Kyle uses his tires up lol before he could ever fight Truex for the league , I knew fighting with Joey cost him the win and right after he passed Joey he said I’m done guys I have nothing left for the leader.. it’s just crazy how everything fell in line for Truex in that race and all year..

Kyle put up a good fight

Sorry General, but I was there too. KDB didn't run a perfect race, but he did run well. His great "strategy" to go with one pit stop is nothing new. Problem is, it is rare that Homestead goes that long without a caution. His brother spewed debris on the track, so they had to throw the caution flag. He still had a chance but he started back a bit and had to race other cars...that's racing!

But you're right...it was Truex' year, and he was the best this season. Kyle is, without a doubt, an excellent driver. He is an a**, without question, which brings the derision upon himself. I thought his injury, then wife and child, would perhaps mellow his mouth, but it got back into full scale early this year. I think he likes being the villain and it's good for the drama.

They did the best they could ....... he put the bully and Brad in his mirror ... right where they belong. I did think he had it for a few moments though
Brad wasn’t even a factor though.. just like my post a few weeks ago this season was either Truex or Kyle championship nobody else’s..

Sorry General, but I was there too. KDB didn't run a perfect race, but he did run well. His great "strategy" to go with one pit stop is nothing new. Problem is, it is rare that Homestead goes that long without a caution. His brother spewed debris on the track, so they had to throw the caution flag. He still had a chance but he started back a bit and had to race other cars...that's racing!

But you're right...it was Truex' year, and he was the best this season. Kyle is, without a doubt, an excellent driver. He is an a**, without question, which brings the derision upon himself. I thought his injury, then wife and child, would perhaps mellow his mouth, but it got back into full scale early this year. I think he likes being the villain and it's good for the drama.
Haha that caution should have never came soon as some smoke came from Kurt car he got off the track, man he had that race in a bag it just sucks to seem him he lose it like that .. that’s a tough one to swallow I know it’s tough for him..

That was the best race I been to this year though! A lot of racing and passing going on, it was insane watching them run inches from the wall lol.. thought they was going to wreck every time around the track.. espicall Larson that takes a lot of guts to do what he was doing!

Haha that caution should have never came soon as some smoke came from Kurt car he got off the track, man he had that race in a bag it just sucks to seem him he lose it like that .. that’s a tough one to swallow I know it’s tough for him..
If Kyle had won....... it just wouldn't have been right...... Truex had the better season...... better car.... better team all season long ..... for once in several years the correct team and driver won.... the most consistent throughout the whole season......

Thegeneral, there was a brake rotor laying in the middle of the track. Not sure who's car dropped it, but that was legitimate debris.
I think one, maybe 2 cars actually hit it.
Wasn’t that from the 19 car though? Maybe they showed it on tv what car it came from .. but when Kurt’s car started to smoke he immediately got off track so I was confused why the caution came out

If Kyle had won....... it just wouldn't have been right...... Truex had the better season...... better car.... better team all season long ..... for once in several years the correct team and driver won.... the most consistent throughout the whole season......
So when a team has a perfect record or lose just one game and get beat in super bowl I guess that’s not right either smh.. where do y’all come up with this stuff at?

So when a team has a perfect record or lose just one game and get beat in super bowl I guess that’s not right either smh.. where do y’all come up with this stuff at?
I guess I come from since watching back since 1964..... back when consistency over the period of the season meant something...... Where do YOU come from?????? 2015?

I guess I come from since watching back since 1964..... back when consistency over the period of the season meant something...... Where do YOU come from?????? 2015?
To bad it’s not 1964 it’s 2017 and things have changed.. it’s not 1964 anymore

The poor bully got a hole in his fender earlier in the race from debris ....... I was just heartbroken :lol2:

I really don't how to answer that as I don't watch football...... basketball..... soccer .....shuffleboard.... bowling.. tennis...... or anything like that..... just Nascar..... so...... you got me there......

I am not sure how you intend to justify that statement considering the fact that the driver out-drove the man behind him.
Why can’t people on here just be honest.. Truex has a great year.. but are u serious when you say he out drove Kyle when Kyle burned down all his tires trying to just get around the damn 22 for like 10 Laps.. it’s like someone people watch different races.. he had nothing left for Truex when he finally got to him.. I’m surprised he got that close to Truex.. Kyle even came on the radio after he finally got passed the 22 and said I’m done.. he had no tires left.. so can you please tell me how that’s out driving him?

Truex was the best on Sunday. That's all that matters.
Who the best driver is, will always be based on opinions. Everyone has their own favorite and opinion.
No big deal.
He wasn’t even better than Harvick on Sunday smh.. he was just in right place right time just like Kyle said.. this has happened a lot this year.. that’s why I stated it wasn’t anything anyone could have done it was just his year..

Why can’t people on here just be honest.. Truex has a great year.. but are u serious when you say he out drove Kyle when Kyle burned down all his tires trying to just get around the damn 22 for like 10 Laps.. it’s like someone people watch different races.. he had nothing left for Truex when he finally got to him.. I’m surprised he got that close to Truex.. Kyle even came on the radio after he finally got passed the 22 and said I’m done.. he had no tires left.. so can you please tell me how that’s out driving him?

I think a lot of what you are talking about is subjective as you could say that if Kyle was that good he would have just drove around the 22. JMO.

Serious as can be. Even prior to that portion of the race, Truex was on top; he was determined to get on top and had little to no problem in doing so. The determination he showed in the final stage of the race was impressive. Every time Kyle closed in, Truex would do what he needed to make the gap back up.

He wasn’t even better than Harvick on Sunday smh.. he was just in right place right time just like Kyle said.. this has happened a lot this year.. that’s why I stated it wasn’t anything anyone could have done it was just his year..

That slick block he threw on Harvick says otherwise.

Okay......... I agree....... you are right...... I've been married for 39 years now...... I learned SEVERAL years ago that the best way to get along good with the wife is to just say......''Yes Dear''.......

I can see this is the best way out here......

''Yes Dear...... you are right...... I don't know whatever I was thinking''...........

Okay......... I agree....... you are right...... I've been married for 39 years now...... I learned SEVERAL years ago that the best way to get along good with the wife is to just say......''Yes Dear''.......

I can see this is the best way out here......

''Yes Dear...... you are right...... I don't know whatever I was thinking''...........
That wasn’t towards u lol

Serious as can be. Even prior to that portion of the race, Truex was on top; he was determined to get on top and had little to no problem in doing so. The determination he showed in the final stage of the race was impressive. Every time Kyle closed in, Truex would do what he needed to make the gap back up.

That slick block he threw on Harvick says otherwise.
Ok I’m done lol, I won’t say anything else about this.. are you trying to say Truex car was better than kyles throughout the race ??

Back
Top Bottom