Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Darlington already has the lowest seating capacity of any NASCAR track along with Homestead and Martinsville. It's not good at all that they're having trouble filling seats and are looking to downsize capacity despite already having such a low seating capacity and only one date.

I've said this before and I'll say this again: the Southern 500 needs to return to Labor day weekend. Not only because of tradition, but since it is a holiday weekend, more people may be able to travel out of town to see the race than on a regular weekend. I'm thinking that may be the only way to save the race if things are really as bad as I'm reading they are.

It also doesn't help that the Darlington race is on Mother's Day weekend. Plus the fact that it doesn't fit NASCAR's new trend of wanting all the tracks within the metro area of a major city makes it a likely target to lose their last race. France just doesn't seem to get it that by continuing to break NASCAR tradition is precisely what is contributing the drop in popularity and declining attendance.

Needless to say it would really suck if they stopped racing at Darlington.

8979937926_5f8078bd64_o.jpg

Hackenbrack? in Kyles 51 truck was 4 the fastest in practice, Jeb Burton was the fastest. Tonight at 8:00 CST. speed tv.

Jacque Villeneuve is a dangerous narcissistic idiot that doesn't belong on a race track, except as FB says to take out kybu which is a good thing. In My Opinion.

You prolly won't be thrilled reading this then... :D

Bob Pockrass ‏@bobpockrass 1m
Phoenix Racing is looking at putting Jacques Villeneuve in its 51 car for Sonoma. #nascar

Clear skies at Texas tonight in Texas for the truck race. Nothing but regular truck drivers for the most part, I guess Hackenbracht is the only full time ARCA driver. Should be a good race.

Phoenix Racing is looking at putting Jacques Villeneuve in its 51 car for Sonoma. #nascar

Pockrass also says he will be at Infineon also. I will believe it when there is a better source. It probably is true, but Pockrass throws more stuff in the fan that any other reporter I know of.

Over/Under on how many Cup regulars he pisses off?

Hackenbrack? in Kyles 51 truck was 4 the fastest in practice, Jeb Burton was the fastest. Tonight at 8:00 CST. speed tv.

Wondering if Hackenbrack would have paid for that ride as an opportunity to showcase himself in the truck series?

I think Adam had more cha-cha than Kyle did.

I remember a story that Benny Parsons told . Said Adam was a fat little kid without much ambition. When he decided he wanted to be a driver , Kyle told him he better get skinny and get in shape . So he did . Motivation .

I'm sitting here watching the story about the Petty's. I wonder where Adam would be in the sport right now.

That episode shows how much things have changed. Richard goes racing and tells his laboring wife to find her own ride to the hospital. o_O

If you don't mind driving a few miles there is a women's college in VA that charges less than $75 a night for a decent room.
That's just a 'teaser' rate; believe me, they charge more if you want a room with one of the students (a lot more if you want a skinny or straight one).

It also doesn't help that the Darlington race is on Mother's Day weekend.
You don't think so? The track has repeatedly said it isn't interested in exchanging that date. It could be just making the best of the situation, but all their publicity says they love it.
If they ever went back to Labor Day, I'd let my tickets lapse. Too frickin' hot.

That's just a 'teaser' rate; believe me, they charge more if you want a room with one of the students (a lot more if you want a skinny or straight one).

Had I known women were an option, I wouldn't have taken one with me. Riding twelve hours with Chatty Cathy nearly killed me... :D

Seeing that you asked, not my thing but if it keeps beer cold then I say:whoopee:

Way cool but it probably gets really noisy at 8000 RPM . . .

Are those driver's signatures along the bottom ?
Yeah. Bowyer,Johnson,Labonte,Bubba Walace,Logano, Wendy V,Jack Roush,Carl Edwards,and a bunch more.And the best part is...its Liquid Cooled!!

If TRD manages to win today's race, crows everywhere are in serious trouble ;)

Back
Top Bottom