Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

BMmjlMKCUAAMJf9.jpg

Danica and Ricky getting dirty.

2013 average finish for the #48 team...8.1 with 0 DNF's

The 3 full time cup JGR drivers all have average starting positions under 10 but none have an average finish under 15 and have 8 DNF's amongst them.

#48 & #88 each have 9 top ten finishes in 14 races. Keselowski has 8.

I realize that. I was just talking in general. Someone had mentioned Kez, and I was just throwing out there that I had noticed he hasn't been used for any kind of promotions in general.
He was in the 'New Car' promo that NASCAR ran for several weeks at the start of the season, the one where he's texting from inside his new Dodge.
I'd say something nice about JPM, but as I recall from another thread I'd just be accused of being a late comer to the bandwagon. o_O

He was in the 'New Car' promo that NASCAR ran for several weeks at the start of the season, the one where he's texting from inside his new Dodge.

I'd say something nice about JPM, but as I recall from another thread I'd just be accused of being a late comer to the bandwagon. o_O

At least you have a avatar, so you're not a deadbeat;)

I knew about David's brother. Some of those downs kids can be a blast. I picked up three guys one time to take home from a workshop when I was working the Lift program. Big kid gets in the front seat, other two in back. I didn't know any of them. I pull out on the street and Joe, who was in the front seat is leaned over real close to the windshield. I say "you scared of my driving?". He says no and he doesn't move, all of a sudden he spins around and hits me in the shoulder and screams SLUG BUG! Scares the spit out of me for a second, guys in the back are rolling all over the back seat. From then on I was on the lookout for V.W.'s:)

I realize that. I was just talking in general. Someone had mentioned Kez, and I was just throwing out there that I had noticed he hasn't been used for any kind of promotions in general.

He's not very photogenic, and his crazy over the top comments haven't helped matters. I hope he gets his sh!t together and concentrates on racing from now on.

He's not very photogenic, and his crazy over the top comments haven't helped matters. I hope he gets his sh!t together and concentrates on racing from now on.
Sounds kinda like the young Ali, I am the greatest so listen carefully to every word I say and learn, all lesser beings need to learn from us superior ones. :cool:

Didn't see this posted anywhere so...http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20130614j

Keselowski says rivals stole Ford employees, information: #2-Brad Keselowski met with Ford Motor Co. employees in Dearborn on Thursday and signed autographs and answered questions. The defending NASCAR Sprint Cup champion also found time to chat with reporters and take a sharp jab at Chevrolet-backed Hendrick Motorsports and Joe Gibbs Racing, which runs Toyotas. Keselowski criticized Hendrick and Gibbs for "stealing away" employees and information from Ford Cup teams, including his own Penske Racing outfit and Roush Fenway Racing. Keselowski didn't mince words about Hendrick and Gibbs' recruitment techniques when he was asked by the media about the recent efforts of Ford teams like Penske and Roush coming together and sharing information. "There are little things you can do," Keselowski said of Ford-backed teams opening up lines of communication in an effort to improve performances on the track. "What keeps it from going too far is the fact that Hendrick and Gibbs have this nasty little habit of going to other teams and outbidding other people and taking those employees and stealing our information, and, when that happens, that puts walls up between the camps because you are giving up more than one piece of information  you are giving up two companies' information and trying to protect yourself against that, it forces you to put up walls.It doesn't necessarily lend itself to working together. But still, we are going to put in a valiant effort where we can and where it makes sense to put Ford in a position to have the best results possible."Keselowski cited two incidents where he claimed Hendrick and Gibbs  who between them run the likes of series points leader and five-time Cup champ Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin and Dale Earnhardt Jr.  lured away Ford team employees with big offers."Gibbs stole the Roush aero director and took all the information," said Keselowski. "And Hendricks took three employees from our Chase-winning team last year."(

http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto

BROOKLYN, Mich. (AP) -- Hendrick Motorsports owner Rick Hendrick says defending Sprint Cup champion Brad Keselowski should start ''representing himself and the sport with more class'' after Keselowski accused Hendrick of stealing information by poaching employees from Ford teams.
Keselowski was at Ford headquarters in Dearborn, Mich., on Thursday. According to ESPN.com, he said his Penske Racing team has been reluctant to share information with Roush Fenway Racing on their Ford cars. He said Hendrick Motorsports and Joe Gibbs Racing ''have this nasty little habit'' of hiring away employees and ''stealing'' information from the Ford teams.
Hendrick says Keselowski ''misrepresents the facts and spends a lot of time making insinuations and accusations about other teams when he should be focused on his own program and competing at a high level.''

Probably end up in the podium but here goes...http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20130614j

McCollum amendment to ban military sponsorship fails: An amendment to cut off government spending on sponsorships of NASCAR and pro wrestling events sponsored by Rep. Betty McCollum, DFL-Minn., fell short in the U.S. House on Friday. McCollum, who sits on the powerful appropriations committee, has been trying to highlight Pentagon spending she considers wasteful. Her biggest target: money the National Guard spends on pro sports sponsorships which the Guard says helps with recruiting. "The fact that $53 million in taxpayers' funds is going to sponsor some of the most violent and sexist entertainment on television and NASCAR racing teams that results in zero recruits is a waste of money," McCollum said. The amendment was defeated by a wide margin. Rep. Richard Hudson, R-N.C., represents a district with a big NASCAR track. "We would be stealing from our nation's military and hard-working taxpayers if this amendment were to pass," Hudson said.(

Please don't blow up this thread, its the best we have ever had.

Carl Edwards must be channeling Carol Burnett, I've noticed that he's been signaling someone after the interviews by pulling his left earlobe with his left hand and winking with his right eye, she signaled her grandmother like that at the end of her shows.

Didn't see this posted anywhere so...http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20130614j

Keselowski says rivals stole Ford employees, information: #2-Brad Keselowski met with Ford Motor Co. employees in Dearborn on Thursday and signed autographs and answered questions. The defending NASCAR Sprint Cup champion also found time to chat with reporters and take a sharp jab at Chevrolet-backed Hendrick Motorsports and Joe Gibbs Racing, which runs Toyotas. Keselowski criticized Hendrick and Gibbs for "stealing away" employees and information from Ford Cup teams, including his own Penske Racing outfit and Roush Fenway Racing. Keselowski didn't mince words about Hendrick and Gibbs' recruitment techniques when he was asked by the media about the recent efforts of Ford teams like Penske and Roush coming together and sharing information. "There are little things you can do," Keselowski said of Ford-backed teams opening up lines of communication in an effort to improve performances on the track. "What keeps it from going too far is the fact that Hendrick and Gibbs have this nasty little habit of going to other teams and outbidding other people and taking those employees and stealing our information, and, when that happens, that puts walls up between the camps because you are giving up more than one piece of information  you are giving up two companies' information and trying to protect yourself against that, it forces you to put up walls.It doesn't necessarily lend itself to working together. But still, we are going to put in a valiant effort where we can and where it makes sense to put Ford in a position to have the best results possible."Keselowski cited two incidents where he claimed Hendrick and Gibbs  who between them run the likes of series points leader and five-time Cup champ Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin and Dale Earnhardt Jr.  lured away Ford team employees with big offers."Gibbs stole the Roush aero director and took all the information," said Keselowski. "And Hendricks took three employees from our Chase-winning team last year."(

http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto

BROOKLYN, Mich. (AP) -- Hendrick Motorsports owner Rick Hendrick says defending Sprint Cup champion Brad Keselowski should start ''representing himself and the sport with more class'' after Keselowski accused Hendrick of stealing information by poaching employees from Ford teams.
Keselowski was at Ford headquarters in Dearborn, Mich., on Thursday. According to ESPN.com, he said his Penske Racing team has been reluctant to share information with Roush Fenway Racing on their Ford cars. He said Hendrick Motorsports and Joe Gibbs Racing ''have this nasty little habit'' of hiring away employees and ''stealing'' information from the Ford teams.
Hendrick says Keselowski ''misrepresents the facts and spends a lot of time making insinuations and accusations about other teams when he should be focused on his own program and competing at a high level.''

Ya gotta love the way the "criminal" tries to take the higher ground when accused of a misdeed.

The best defense is, indeed, a good offense.

Carl Edwards must be channeling Carol Burnett, I've noticed that he's been signaling someone after the interviews by pulling his left earlobe with his left hand and winking with his right eye, she signaled her grandmother like that at the end of her shows.
Maybe Carl knows Carol's grandmother, too.

He's married now, sometimes wife's can go on and on and on. Might have been trying to unscramble his brain?:idunno:

Like Kyle Petty says, Brad needs more sleep. Hiring employees away from other teams is part of the business, it's NOT the next damn watergate controversy. :rolleyes: Brad should think a little and realize HMS hired those 3 employees for their talent. They couldn't have had any 'secrets' to sell because they worked on Penske GEN 5 DODGES.

I'm tired of Brad. (looks for a Stenhouse avatar).

Finally able to sit down and watch the U.S. Open.
Amazing shot by Arizona State Sun Devil alumni Phil Mickelson on the 10th. Wow.
Hope he can pull this one out.

Anyways, just prior to that, there was the first NASCAR reference I have ever heard in a major golf tournament.
One of the competitors hit a long shot down the 12th hole fairway and the ball rolled down a hill. The announcer said, " ....got a big banked turn, this hole, like Talladega". Wutttttt?!

Just something I noticed and made me chuckle.
Carry on.

Finally able to sit down and watch the U.S. Open.
Amazing shot by Arizona State Sun Devil alumni Phil Mickelson on the 10th. Wow.
Hope he can pull this one out.

Anyways, just prior to that, there was the first NASCAR reference I have ever heard in a major golf tournament.
One of the competitors hit a long shot down the 12th hole fairway and the ball rolled down a hill. The announcer said, " ....got a big banked turn, this hole, like Talladega". Wutttttt?!

Just something I noticed and made me chuckle.
Carry on.

That's like subliminal advertising . That's a great message.

Jack Roush reveals Ford Racing alliance with Penske Racing: Jack Roush had been around long enough to know that something had to change for his Roush Fenway Racing program to be successful. Roush explained how the team had doubled its engineering efforts. After the race, Roush elaborated more on what had transpired to make the Ford Fusion Gen 6 car more competitive. "We had a summit meeting with the Penske guys last week, and talked about some of the strategies,'' Roush said of the launch of two Ford Racing teams working together. "We have had one cooperative wind tunnel test. We just scratched the surface. It will be great to have someone to share information with.'' Penske Racing, with drivers #2-Brad Keselowski and #22-Joey Logano, switched over to Fords this season. Roush identified aerodynamics and front suspensions as the areas the Ford Fusion needs to make up ground. "We have to find that last tweak in the front suspension or aerodynamics,'' Roush said. "When we started on Gen 6 (car development), it was a jump ball, and the car changed during its development to have more downforce than was anticipated to start with. We are on the path, and we have nice, light cars that I'm not the least bit unhappy about.''(Michigan Live)(6-17-2013)

Back
Top Bottom