Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

9374_562689293773842_2050901059_n.jpg

Does anyone kow why Tony Raines is driving the #70 in the NWS @ Road America this week instead of Johanna Long?

I predict this will be one of her best finishes this year...let the stoning begin...off wif his head.
Being she only has 3 top-20 finishes in 15 races, that won't take much ;) But seriously, I think Danica will do pretty well on Sunday. Will she win? Not likely, but a top-15 isn't out of the question.

Nevermind, I think she's driving it herself.
Of course she is. She won't pass up a chance to get even with Villeneuve, remember?

She did pretty well in the N'wide road courses. If she's going to get a top 10 (other than lucking into it at a plate race), it will be here or the Glen.

Oh No another
Maybe another can, but there's nothing new about the worms themselves.

"The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out,
I'd ask Mike Helton but he's not about.
And one little worm who isn't to shy
sez 'Ask all you want; Mike will just lie.' "

Why do they call the last practice before the race "Happy Hour?"
Several years ago, the typical Saturday schedule included an early Cup practice session, the accompanying Busch (Nationwide) race, and then final Cup practice AFTER the Busch race. That final session would start in the late afternoon, as do the 'Happy Hour' specials in bars.

There were fewer Cup drivers participating in Busch / N'wide in those days, so most Cup drivers had to sit around all afternoon waiting for their final practice. Sometime in the early 2000's NASCAR took pity on them and moved final practice to BEFORE the support race. This let Cup drivers not running the N'wide race complete their practice and then leave (or at least go back to the RV lot). The traditional 'Happy Hour' name stuck.

Several years ago, the typical Saturday schedule included an early Cup practice session, the accompanying Busch (Nationwide) race, and then final Cup practice AFTER the Busch race. That final session would start in the late afternoon, as do the 'Happy Hour' specials in bars.

There were fewer Cup drivers participating in Busch / N'wide in those days, so most Cup drivers had to sit around all afternoon waiting for their final practice. Sometime in the early 2000's NASCAR took pity on them and moved final practice to BEFORE the support race. This let Cup drivers not running the N'wide race complete their practice and then leave (or at least go back to the RV lot). The traditional 'Happy Hour' name stuck.

Sounds reasonable. Thanks.

Not NASCAR related, but I thought this bumper sticker was a good one..."My son is in Afghanastan so your son can party in college"

They are going to stick 400 mil in crashtona. I guess that is their move? Despite the fact that they are some of the best races they have and it takes more driving skill instead of a crap shoot on restrictor plate crash- a- thons.

I'm stopping yahoo picks n the game,bad luck,for me n my HMS drivers,didnt pick this week n all HMS cars ran good.

Pretty interesting, they had a survey on Speed. "Should there be a road course in the chase". 70% said that there should be.
They had another one on ESPN.com during the week and it was around 80% in favor. Your move, NASCAR...
Geez, 70 to 80% of survey respondents are smarter than I thought...

Back
Top Bottom