Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

I love how Kyle stirs things up. Most honest people know Danica isn't a STOCK car driver yet because she's afraid to go sideways. Kyle Petty isn't about to be PC, so he says she isn't a driver and everyone gets raging hemmoroids. The man is an epic troll, and I love reading his twitter feed after he says stuff like this.

I love how Kyle stirs things up. Most honest people know Danica isn't a STOCK car driver yet because she's afraid to go sideways. Kyle Petty isn't about to be PC, so he says she isn't a driver and everyone gets raging hemmoroids. The man is an epic troll, and I love reading his twitter feed after he says stuff like this.

He's an epic a$$hole. I remember when Tony won the title in 2011 he was more less trying to humiliate every person who tweeted him about the tie.

82 today.

BN2zEr8CcAAN8Lw.jpg:large

Finch has prospective buyer for Phoenix Racing: James Finch said Thursday that he expects to announce the sale of #51 Phoenix Racing on July 15. He said the prospective owner passed muster in terms of the most necessary qualification for owning a team that competes in Sprint Cup and Nationwide racing. "He's somebody who's got money," Finch said. Unable to find a long-term sponsor for his racing team the past three years, Finch has been saddled with the exorbitant costs required to drive on a weekly basis. Unwilling to shoulder that burden any longer, he said previously that he intended to race through the Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway on July 28 before ceasing operations. Now he believes he has found a buyer who will take over and keep the team running through the rest of the year and beyond. Finch wouldn't reveal who the potential buyer is, but he did say the prospective owner has not owned a racing team before. "I'm in negotiations with an individual to buy the team, and if he does that I'll let him finish out the year," Finch said, adding that details of the sale will be reserved until July 15. "He's a qualified buyer, so hopefully we can make everything work. I've got close to 800 starts. That's a lot of weekends, you know what I mean? I'll help (the new owner) get started and stuff like that. I'll go attend some races a little bit, but I'll be out of ownership. I might run a few Nationwide races out of his shop, go play or something. But full time is over for me. We're going to the shop (in Spartanburg, S.C.) this next week and telling the employees, 'Here's the new guy, and this is the plan.'" The Sprint Cup schedule rolls through Daytona next week for the Coke Zero 400, and Finch said he will have Regan Smith or AJ Allmendinger in the driver's seat for that race. "Regan's concentrating on trying to win the Nationwide championship," Finch said. "If he wants to drive at Daytona, he's been so good the last two (restrictor) plate races I'm going to give him the opportunity. If he wants to concentrate on the Nationwide championship then we will have AJ finish up the next three races."(Sun Herald)(6-28-2013)

The common belief is that Jeff Burton's contract is up after this season to drive the #31  but not so fast, he says. "My contract is not up," Burton told News/Talk WSB Thursday. "One of the things I find humorous at times with the media is that they assume facts. My contract is not up  I will be driving for RCR next year."

http://www.wsbradio.com/weblogs/wsb...r-chatter-burton-back-2014-thinks-dillon-fro/

having a qualified buyer and getting it bought are two different things. Finch is saying "so hopefully" so it isn't a done deal.

having a qualified buyer and getting it bought are two different things. Finch is saying "so hopefully" so it isn't a done deal.

Finch has prospective buyer for Phoenix Racing: James Finch said Thursday that he expects to announce the sale of #51 Phoenix Racing on July 15. He said the prospective owner passed muster in terms of the most necessary qualification for owning a team that competes in Sprint Cup and Nationwide racing. "He's somebody who's got money," Finch said. Unable to find a long-term sponsor for his racing team the past three years, Finch has been saddled with the exorbitant costs required to drive on a weekly basis. Unwilling to shoulder that burden any longer, he said previously that he intended to race through the Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway on July 28 before ceasing operations. Now he believes he has found a buyer who will take over and keep the team running through the rest of the year and beyond. Finch wouldn't reveal who the potential buyer is, but he did say the prospective owner has not owned a racing team before. "I'm in negotiations with an individual to buy the team, and if he does that I'll let him finish out the year," Finch said, adding that details of the sale will be reserved until July 15. "He's a qualified buyer, so hopefully we can make everything work. I've got close to 800 starts. That's a lot of weekends, you know what I mean? I'll help (the new owner) get started and stuff like that. I'll go attend some races a little bit, but I'll be out of ownership. I might run a few Nationwide races out of his shop, go play or something. But full time is over for me. We're going to the shop (in Spartanburg, S.C.) this next week and telling the employees, 'Here's the new guy, and this is the plan.'" The Sprint Cup schedule rolls through Daytona next week for the Coke Zero 400, and Finch said he will have Regan Smith or AJ Allmendinger in the driver's seat for that race. "Regan's concentrating on trying to win the Nationwide championship," Finch said. "If he wants to drive at Daytona, he's been so good the last two (restrictor) plate races I'm going to give him the opportunity. If he wants to concentrate on the Nationwide championship then we will have AJ finish up the next three races."(Sun Herald)(6-28-2013)
Sounds pretty serious to me.

It gets serious when the money is on the table, until then it is what it is..hopeful. Mr. no name? Might have someone sitting on the fence and this new "no name" might be a ploy to get the other to commit..the ol' hurry and get it before somebody else snatches it. Notice the "if" and "hopefully" below. I "hope" he does get a buyer.

"I'm in negotiations with an individual to buy the team, and if he does that I'll let him finish out the year,"
"He's a qualified buyer, so hopefully we can make everything work

It can be guessed at ad nauseum, positives pointed out by positive people and negatives pointed out by negative people.

people like you want to start a fight at every turn see it that way, and you miss the obvious. Known fact Finch is trying to sell, hope he does, but it ain't a done deal. go whine on somebody else or quit posting if you can't handle differing opinions.

people like you want to start a fight at every turn see it that way, and you miss the obvious. Known fact Finch is trying to sell, hope he does, but it ain't a done deal. go whine on somebody else or quit posting if you can't handle differing opinions.
To paraphrase andy again, "The couple of months you've been on here your bait and false accusations have gotten stale so no one is biting, eat a taco, get offa my grass, get outa my swamp". I don't do pissing contests. Oh yeah TRL says its her swamp.

problem is you don't have any of the privileges you think you have, and your continual effort to belittle folks who have an opinion that differs is considered by you as negative is pretty twisted. And the swamp thing..really? If you notice, you are the one who used my opinion to attack me personally.. that is against the forum rules. I can't help the fact that unless you have a signed contract to buy and money on the table it isn't a deal..simple as that.

Kurt Bush when he drove for Finch said he had sponsorship for the 51 car, but Finch said it wasn't enough money and wouldn't use it, he wanted a major sponsor. Kurt said it was something at least. Kinda ironic the Finch is broke and selling out.

Interesting, one of the Turner Scott Motorsports owners is supposed to be the buyer. They have some good talent in the Nationwide and Truck series. From Jayski:

UPDATE: A source close to the situation told ESPN.com the potential buyer is Harry Scott Jr., the co-owner of Turner Scott Motorsports, which competes in the Nationwide and Truck Series. Finch, 63, said he should know if the deal will go through by July 15. If not, he said the organization will shut down after the July 28 race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway due to a lack of funding. "My last race is going to be the Brickyard [400] that I'm going to fund," Finch said Friday. "I've been trying to make this sale happen to keep my employees. I've got some of them jobs with different teams if I shut down. If the guy buys the team, they will be able to stay and go forward racing." Finch has 18 employees in his Spartanburg shop located just over an hour from the NASCAR hub in Charlotte (ESPN).
AND Team General Manager Steve Barkdoll confirmed the pending sale to Sporting News on Friday. Barkdoll was vague on whether the new buyer also is bringing a driver. He indicated that Allmendinger would drive the next three races at Daytona, New Hampshire and Indianapolis. "(The owner's preferred driver is) not necessarily for all the races," Barkdoll said Friday morning at Kentucky Speedway. "Nothing has really been talked about (on) that for sure. & We know that AJ is going to drive the three races in July. That gets us hopefully to the announcement. After that, we haven't looked past July yet on the driver part." Barkdoll said he is "very confident" of the sale being completed by the middle of next month. Barkdoll did say that Jacques Villeneuve, who drove for the team last week, is not the prospective buyer but would not go into details about who is buying the team.(Sporting News)(6-28-2013)

yeah it is interesting. Finch said in the other article that the perspective buyer has never owned a racing team before.o_O

yeah it is interesting. Finch said in the other article that the perspective buyer has never owned a racing team before.o_O

Hmmm...maybe not by himself? I think he just became a partner in TSM this year. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

I think it's a known fact that Finch is looking to sell his raceteam , it's also a known fact that Turner Scott is looking to move up to cup. Hopefully their deal can be worked out . I don't think the Hendrick outfit is for sale , so that's a no go. Possibly a merger like Earnhardt , Ganassi, Sabates , Turner , Scott ..might work but the reporters could never keep that name straight .

This is why I follow Kyle on the twitters. I don't always agree with him but seeing how he handles some of the morons that take his bait is funny.

While I disagree with Kyle using his podium to take down any of the Nascar drivers , I do respect him as a very smart man and a really underrated driver in his day . (He was the man at several tracks and early on , a darn good road race driver) . It really starting to bug me how new fans are quick to crap on folks like Kyle , Jeff Burton , Bobby Labonte , etc . It seems to be a new trend .Back in the day , I don't recall fans crapping on the underfunded drivers .

While I disagree with Kyle using his podium to take down any of the Nascar drivers , I do respect him as a very smart man and a really underrated driver in his day . (He was the man at several tracks and early on , a darn good road race driver) . It really starting to bug me how new fans are quick to crap on folks like Kyle , Jeff Burton , Bobby Labonte , etc . It seems to be a new trend .Back in the day , I don't recall fans crapping on the underfunded drivers .

Generational lack of respect. As the collective attention span deteriorates this will continue to get worse.

Back in the day we didn't have the internet and instant access to stats and a million fellow fans.

Nice discussion going on here with you 3. Keep it going and you'll get a RF gold star.

Fans hating or loving a driver is what makes the whole thing fun. Otherwise, it's just cars going in circles and passing Danica.:D

Oh I call B.S. for sure, Gordon used to get bottles and cans thrown at him all the time, the big "fight" Cale and Allison they keep saying that put Nascar on the map. Rusty and Earnhardt, Earnhardt with D.W. Earnhardt with whomever:) Kyle Petty went psycho plenty of times..you think the fans were just sitting there with their mouths open? give me a break. collective attention span..where the hell is my tin foil hat?

Oh I call B.S. for sure, Gordon used to get bottles and cans thrown at him all the time, the big "fight" Cale and Allison they keep saying that put Nascar on the map. Rusty and Earnhardt, Earnhardt with D.W. Earnhardt with whomever:) Kyle Petty went psycho plenty of times..you think the fans were just sitting there with their mouths open? give me a break. collective attention span..where the hell is my tin foil hat?

You don't think that the collective attention span is shorter than before? We live in a time of instant gratification and constant access. I remember when the main NASCAR new source was weekly and monthly publications that were delivered to our mailboxes. Now people freak out if a freakin practice session is on an hour delay.

Save your tin foil hat comments for people like Andy who buy into conspiracy theories.

depends on who you ask, ask a guy with two cell phones and a couple of three computers and video games..he won't think so. you do obviously..does that make your opinion right?

You don't think that the collective attention span is shorter than before? We live in a time of instant gratification and constant access. I remember when the main NASCAR new source was weekly and monthly publications that were delivered to our mailboxes. Now people freak out if a freakin practice session is on an hour delay.

Save your tin foil hat comments for people like Andy who buy into conspiracy theories.
There has been plenty of times I have changed my mind because of comments by members here. The cup drivers in nationwide thread is a good example. I was all for cup drivers in nationwide, not so much after reading all the different opinions..kinda ironic that this last couple of weeks Nascar trotted up some yes man drivers saying how great it was to have cup drivers to compete with..I thought if I was a nationwide driver the best way to beat them was not have them in the race in the first place.

This is one of those statements that, one the surface, seems to be very insightful. Reality is, you're living in the past if you have a problem when people expect what is now ordinary and typical coverage. Hell Matt, if we could have a seance and chat with Benjamin Franklin he would call you out for your need to read a publication every damn week. :)

I know this isn't Nascar related but I wanted to remind everyone that the Lucas Oil Late Model from last night is on CBS now.

Patience is a virtue..written in a fifth century poem and still used today. doesn't work for short tracks though.

I've looked everywhere and can't find updated K&N East scanner frequencies. And Whelen Mods too.Can anyone help? Like to have them before Loudon

I noticed on a SPEED Center replay of a Hornish pit stop that the front tire carrier took both right side tires back to the wall himself...no big deal just never seen that done before.

Back
Top Bottom