Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Ty Dillon‏@tydillon1 Sep
Hard day truck was great it all comes back around but most of all can't think my good buddy @maxpapis for the all help proud to be a friend!

Chase Elliott‏@chaseelliott1 Sep
..Was some really hard racing for the win and I feel like most guys would take a chance on the bottom as well.

5 more nights.

BTP4nF4CYAAEW8y.jpg:large

you're an old timer. You know that wasn't an eight wheel turn. It was more like ......4 brakes and some ones door stop you better.
Close enough, but I'll take the compliment.

By the way, who's your gator chewing on? It looks like a transporter scrambled Jean-Luc Picard with Mikhail Gorbachev.

Time Warner Cable to sponsor Dale Jr this year at Richmond, Chicago, New Hampshire, Kansas & Charlotte.

Time Warner Cable ups sponsorship of Kasey Kahne to six races this year & five in 2014 & 2015.

With the expanded HMS-Time Warnersponsorship, the No. 88 is now fully funded for 2013, and the No. 5 is now sold out for 2014.

Time Warner Cable to sponsor Dale Jr this year at Richmond, Chicago, New Hampshire, Kansas & Charlotte.

Time Warner Cable ups sponsorship of Kasey Kahne to six races this year & five in 2014 & 2015.

With the expanded HMS-Time Warnersponsorship, the No. 88 is now fully funded for 2013, and the No. 5 is now sold out for 2014.

They're sponsoring Dale for 5 races? I guess there weren't enough open slots with the winning HMS car.

Damn, I don't know who all it was that said he has lost his focus but that sure as hell looks like focus to me.

Atlanta TV Ratings: ESPN's live telecast of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Atlanta Motor Speedway on Sunday night, Sept. 1, earned a 3.2 U.S. household rating, averaging 5,322,850 viewers, according to the Nielsen Company. The rating was down from the 3.4 for last year's race, which also aired on ESPN and averaged 5,557,932 viewers.
Greensboro, N.C., was the nation's highest-rated metered television market for the telecast, earning a 9.4 rating, while Greenville, S.C., was second with an 8.5 rating. Indianapolis (7.8), Knoxville, Tenn., (7.4) and Birmingham, Ala., (7.3) were third through fifth. The rest of the top 10 markets were Norfolk, Va., (6.9), Charlotte, N.C., (6.8), Louisville, Ky., and Nashville, Tenn., (6.4) and Richmond, Va. (6.3).

Penalties have been issued to teams in the NASCAR Nationwide Series following last weekend's events at Atlanta Motor Speedway. The #30 and #32 teams have been penalized for violating Sections 12-1 (Actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4J (Any determination by NASCAR Officials that race equipment used in the event does not conform to the NASCAR rules detailed in Section 20-A of the NASCAR rule book, or has been approved by NASCAR prior to the event); and 20A-12.8.1(B) (Car failed to meet the minimum front car heights). These infractions were all discovered during post-race inspection Aug. 31. As a result of these violations, crew chiefs Pat Tryson (#30 car) and Trent Owens (#32 car) have each been fined $10,000. In addition, drivers Nelson Piquet Jr. (#30) and Kyle Larson (#32) have been docked with the loss of six championship series driver points. Owner Harry Scott Jr. has been docked with the loss of six championship owner points for each of the two cars (#30 & #32).

Well, this next race will either be the last hurrah or one more time for the 24 this year.
Penalties have been issued to teams in the NASCAR Nationwide Series following last weekend's events at Atlanta Motor Speedway. The #30 and #32 teams have been penalized for violating Sections 12-1 (Actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4J (Any determination by NASCAR Officials that race equipment used in the event does not conform to the NASCAR rules detailed in Section 20-A of the NASCAR rule book, or has been approved by NASCAR prior to the event); and 20A-12.8.1(B) (Car failed to meet the minimum front car heights). These infractions were all discovered during post-race inspection Aug. 31. As a result of these violations, crew chiefs Pat Tryson (#30 car) and Trent Owens (#32 car) have each been fined $10,000. In addition, drivers Nelson Piquet Jr. (#30) and Kyle Larson (#32) have been docked with the loss of six championship series driver points. Owner Harry Scott Jr. has been docked with the loss of six championship owner points for each of the two cars (#30 & #32).
That front height penalty is a joke. Like Humpy says, they were running just as fast with 75 buck monroe shocks on the front. now with the packers and 6,000 buck trick shocks that don't work half the time, Go Kart suspension (none) when they are all the way down. bull crap. Ya can't go any lower then the splitter hitting the track anyway.

That dumb *!@*?# blah blah..what th @!$$#!@ is he doing..better watch out after all I am JEFF GORDON..phttt shut up an drive, the 99 is way up in the chase. This is what happens when you actually try to win a race..go back mid pack if you want to ride around

I know many like to complain about the price of NASCAR tickets. Today, presale tickets just went on sale for select Pittsburgh Penguins games this upcoming season. My son only had one game that he wanted to go to and it was one of the ones that went on sale today. $98.60/seat! And those are not good seats. Four a family of four, tickets with all of the added charges tacked on came to $398.65. If I would have moved down one section the price would have risen to $668.20 and those still wouldn't have been great seats. By comparison, my wife and I are heading back down to Martinsville next month. We sit in some of the best seats in the venue. $65/seat.

NASCAR fines driver's girlfriend for face slap

The girlfriend of driver Mike Skeen lost her cool following Sunday's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race in Canada and slapped veteran road racer Max Papis across the face. NASCAR fined Heaphy $2,500 on Wednesday and banned her from all NASCAR events indefinitely.According to NASCAR, Heaphy was technically considered part of the team for this race, thus can be subjected to a fine."She signed in with the team on a single event license," NASCAR spokesman Kerry Tharp said.ACCUSATIONS: Papis, Skeen point fingers after slapSUNDAY: Wild Truck race ends with Papis getting slappedSkeen's crew chief, Bryan Berry, was also fined $2,500 for failing to control team members. One of the crew also confronted Papis after the race."I'd like to apologize to our sponsors, Canadian Tire Motorsport Park and especially the fans on behalf of everyone at Sharp-Gallaher Racing for the incident that occurred following Sunday's race," said team co-owner Eddie Sharp Jr in a statement. "Although Kelly Heaphy is not an employee of SGR, we absolutely do not condone actions such as these from anyone associated with our organization. It is a shame that this overshadowed the first class event that NASCAR delivered in Canada. We have nothing but respect for NASCAR, and will not appeal the penalty assessed to crew chief Bryan Berry."Papis and Skeen – a sports car racer making his first Truck start – had tangled on the last lap of the race and again on the cool-down lap. They were racing for third place when the incident occurred.After Papis gave a post-race interview, Heaphy suddenly confronted the Italian."I was standing there and this lady, she starts yelling at me," Papis told USA TODAY Sports on Monday. "I had my mouth open a little bit and I didn't even see things coming. She hit me so hard with an open hand. My ear is still ringing."I honestly didn't even know if it was a spectator or whatever. It was pretty ridiculous."Follow Gluck on Twitter@jeff_gluckLOAD

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...fined-face-slap-truck-race-max-papis/2764779/

NASCAR fines driver's girlfriend for face slap
Sounds like she got off pretty easily. It could have been considered assault especially as she had absolutely nothing to do with any of the on track activities. I think it's time for Skeen to find himself a new gf. One that isn't sporting a set.

Sounds like she got off pretty easily. It could have been considered assault especially as she had absolutely nothing to do with any of the on track activities. I think it's time for Skeen to find himself a new gf. One that isn't sporting a set.

Isn't Papis the Dillon boys driving coach ?... Oops .:dunce:

Maybe she can speak Italian and not knowing that he called her a Troia.

Yeah, but just try to find FS2 outside of a sports tier..

Back
Top Bottom