Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

BT0CmZcCMAE8-a5.jpg:large

Yea Joliet is almost 50 miles southwest of Chicago proper.

Yeah, I knew that, I live in Chicago.

Still tryin' to figure out why they call the place Chicagoland instead of Joliet Motor Speedway.

Racing fans that I know simply refer to the place as "Joliet".

Still tryin' to figure out why they call the place Chicagoland instead of Joliet Motor Speedway.

As an outsider I call it Chicago because that's what I've always know it to be. No offense to Jolietans, or what ever they may be called, but I couldn't point at Joliet on a map without some time on my hands.

As an outsider I call it Chicago because that's what I've always know it to be. No offense to Jolietans, or what ever they may be called, but I couldn't point at Joliet on a map without some time on my hands.

On a national level, your right, Chicago works much better.

My brother-in-law is from Joliet, I'll have to ask him how they refer to themselves.

On second thought, I'm stickin' with renaming the place Joliet Motor Speedway.

If I had to go to the trouble of figuring out where places like Darlington, Bristol, Martinsville, Rockingham, and North Wilkesboro are, the least you guys can do is find out where Joliet is. :D

I am in Tinley Park. Nice area.

maybe because Chicago has spread out so much that Joliet is nothing but a suburb of Chicago. When I lived there years ago in Kankakee, there was some country between there and Chicago..not anymore. Big city people are touchy on that subject. Oh no I live in Joliet, not Chicago...it's different.
jolietans? How did I get on the Sci-fi forum?
Jolieans have been assimilated by the Chicagons from the north, along with the Garyinites to the east.

maybe because Chicago has spread out so much that Joliet is nothing but a suburb of Chicago. When I lived there years ago in Kankakee, there was some country between there and Chicago..not anymore. Big city people are touchy on that subject. Oh no I live in Joliet, not Chicago...it's different.

Jolieans have been assimilated by the Chicagons from the north, along with the Garyinites to the east.

I've lived in Chicago my entire life and have never considered Joliet, or Kankakee, to be a suburb of Chicago as there's still plenty of country between here and there.

That and the fact that, even from the southwest side of Chicago, it takes a good 45 minutes to an hour to get there.

Also, I've learned that people from Joliet are called Jolietans.

I am in Tinley Park. Nice area.

If you get time, check out the area along Oak Park Avenue near the Rock Island commuter railroad tracks. There a few nice restaurants and bars in that area.

I've lived in Chicago my entire life and have never considered Joliet, or Kankakee, to be a suburb of Chicago as there's still plenty of country between here and there.

That and the fact that, even from the southwest side of Chicago, it takes a good 45 minutes to an hour to get there.

Also, I've learned that people from Joliet are called Jolietans.

Yeah if you lived in Chicago your whole life your idea of country and swallowed suburb would be different from mine. It takes hours to go from one side of Chicago to the other side on a bad day. The signs on the side of the road tell you when you are in a different town/suburb, state.

If you get time, check out the area along Oak Park Avenue near the Rock Island commuter railroad tracks. There a few nice restaurants and bars in that area.
Oh they have been checked out. Went to Durbins the past 2 weekends. Good time and not that expensive

In case any race fans in the Chicagoland area are looking for something to do Thursday afternoon, all of the Chase drivers will be making an appearance at Navy Pier in downtown Chicago.

http://contenderslive.nascar.com/tickets.aspx

Although it'll set you back $10 to get in the joint it just might be worth the price of admission.

In case any race fans in the Chicagoland area are looking for something to do Thursday afternoon, all of the Chase drivers will be making an appearance at Navy Pier in downtown Chicago.

http://contenderslive.nascar.com/tickets.aspx

Although it'll set you back $10 to get in the joint it just might be worth the price of admission.
$10? That's outrageous! When are they going to figure out that they are pricing the fan out of this sport? Damn Brian France! :D

Sorry if this has been posted but.........the threads have SO MANY posts I didn't wanna read though them. LOL

"The actions taken by Michael Waltrip’s Racing team this past weekend leading to the penalties assessed by NASCAR, are very concerning. We are disappointed that a partner associated with our organization would make such a significant error in judgment. In addition, we have launched our own review to determine the future of our partnership with Michael Waltrip’s Racing team. The NAPA AUTO PARTS organization is proud of its long-standing NASCAR relationship. We share a passion with our customers for high quality racing and seek to determine the best course of action for our customers, NASCAR fans, and the NAPA organization."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...02093a-1aef-11e3-80ac-96205cacb45a_story.html

Michael Waltrip Racing sponsors reviewing partnerships after Chase controversy

By Associated Press, Updated: Wednesday, September 11, 9:33 AM

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Two of Michael Waltrip Racing’s sponsors are reviewing their relationships with the race team following the organization’s attempt to manipulate the finish at Richmond.

NAPA Auto Parts posted on its Facebook page Wednesday it is disappointed a partner would make “such a significant error in judgment.” NAPA is the sponsor for Martin Truex Jr., who was kicked out of the Chase for the Sprint Car championship when NASCAR sanctioned MWR for its actions in Saturday night’s race.

NAPA says it has launched a review of its future partnership with MWR.

Also, Clint Bowyer sponsor 5-Hour Energy tweeted it is reviewing its sponsorship relations internally.

NASCAR penalized MWR for attempting to manipulate the finish to get Truex into the 12-driver Chase field. Truex was replaced in the Chase by Ryan Newman.

Richmond TV Ratings: ABC's live telecast of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Richmond International Raceway on Saturday night, Sept. 7, saw an increase in viewership from last year's race. The telecast was viewed by an average of 5,153,453 people with a U.S. household rating of 3.3, according to the Nielsen Company. Last year's race, which also earned a 3.3 rating, had an average viewership of 5,078,987. Richmond led all metered markets across the nation with a 9.8 rating, with Greenville, S.C., second at 8.4 and Norfolk, Va., third at 7.8. Knoxville, Tenn., (7.1) and Greensboro, N.C., (6.9) completed the top five. The rest of the top 10 markets were Charlotte, N.C., (6.7), Indianapolis (6.5), Dayton, Ohio (6.1), Nashville, Tenn., (5.5) and Columbus, Ohio (5.3).

Somebody hauled the Cup up to the top of the Big Willy (aka Willis Tower).

cool . . .

Back
Top Bottom