Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Wiping the drool off the monitor. Love that picture, dpk. It's quite similar to the view I had when I would go to Bristol --- although I didn't get
to stand right under the lights. :)
That's not a picture that I took. One I found. I follow some photographer on Twitter that ahs some real unique motorsports photographs. That is one of many.

SHR told newman they weren't having any pit stop practice today. So of course they started pit stop practice as soon as they got off the phone with him.

aec1d1a80ff311e3b7d622000a1f968a_7.jpg

12 Questions with Clint Bowyer

Q: From what you've seen, whose driving style is the most similar to yours?

A: I met a taxi cab driver in New York once that I thought was really on the game. Wasn't really a sprinter, but he got to the destination safely.

So you were comfortable during the ride?

Yes. My feet were stuck to the floor, so I was pretty sure I wasn't going anywhere.

Q: Do you collect any of your own racing memorabilia?

A: The only thing I collect are helmets. I don't usually let too many of those go. Firesuits, I usually keep one of everything. But the helmets are the only thing I keep on my shelf.

So you have them on display?

I've always had a deal since I first started to have iconic people on the back of my helmets. So it kind of means something to me. Whenever I call (artist) Nick Pastura and tell him who I want on the back, there's a little bit of a thought process and I usually want to keep them.

Q: What percent of success in NASCAR has to do with the car, what percent is the driver and what percent is luck?

A: I think it's split in thirds. Hell, I don't know. It's really hard to say. It's 50-50: A good car can't win without a good driver and a good driver can't win without a good car.

Certainly, a little bit of luck factors in on that. If it didn't, the fastest car would win every week.

Q: What person outside your family has done the most for your racing career?

A: Probably three guys who came over in 2002 when I was racing dirt: Jeff Cassidy, Jeff Stacy and Jamie Hager from Kansas City. They all helped Jamie McMurray in the NASCAR Midwest Series.

They came over one night when I was racing my dirt cars and asked if I put an asphalt deal together, would I want them to help me? And we did. We went to I-70 (Speedway) and won the championship that year and it kind of just propelled my asphalt career. So those three guys, outside my family, were probably the biggest.

Q: You come into contact with a lot of people during the race weekend -- your team, sponsors, media, fans. With all that demand for your time, how do you prioritize it?

A: You just do it. Everybody is a little bit different. A lot of people think their time is worth a lot more than it really is, you know? Obviously, time is everything in life because you only have a certain amount, but we're all here to have fun and enjoy what you're doing. If you don't have time to enjoy it, something's wrong.

Q: I've often heard fans come up to drivers and say something like, "Hey, remember me from that autograph session three years ago?" So it's clear they want to be remembered. Aside from stripping or something, what is something a fan could do to be remembered by you?

Bowyer indicates a woman willing to show some skin would be memorable.

So that's the secret?

Yes. That leaves a lasting impression. (Laughs)

Q: The last person you wrecked – did you do it on purpose?

A: Who's the last person I wrecked? I don't really remember. I remember the last person I wanted to wreck on purpose. How about that for an answer?

Would you like to share who that is?

That was the answer! You asked the question and I gave you the answer. That's your lack of reporting skills there. You (screwed) the question up and then you wanted another one. (Laughs) You wanted a redo!

Q: Who is someone in the garage you used to clash with but eventually smoothed things over and became friends with?

A: I really get along with everybody. There are obviously guys that I'd just as soon not have a beer with, but for the most part, I get along with everybody. You're with one another so much. I enjoy being at the racetrack and this 15 team is so much fun to come to the track with – you bring your friends to the racetrack – but certainly I enjoy the weekends.

Q: What's the best racing-related movie?

A: Oh man. It's gotta be Days of Thunder. That was big-time Hollywood stuff. Talladega Nights was basically poking fun of the sport, but Days of Thunder was pretty good. I mean, hell, Tom Cruise was in it.

Q: What's your song of the moment right now?

A: Boys 'Round Here (by Blake Shelton), for the simple reason my three-and-a-half-year-old nephew sings it word for word and includes the CD version -- not the radio version. We get in trouble over that one.

I sent Blake a video driving down the road the other day of Lincoln in the back seat singing, "Backwoods legit, don't take no (stuff). Chew tobacco, chew tobacco, chew tobacco, spit!" Thanks, Blake.

Q: Define yourself without NASCAR. Who are you away from the track?

A: What you see is what you get, Bubba. I think I'm the same here as I am at home.

Q: I've been asking each driver to give me a question for the next interview. Last week was Aric Almirola and he wanted to know: "Do you ever think about what's next after racing?"

A: Oh yeah, I think about it all the time. I think we all do, just because it's what any professional athlete would do. You know you have a window and you never know when that opportunity is over. You just try to make the most of it every weekend, because you don't know if that next contract is going to happen.

Certainly, I worry about it all the time. I love being around cars, always have. I worked in car dealerships, my brother and I did. That's one of the big reasons I bought that car dealership (in Kansas).

from here

Bobby Labonte broke 3 ribs in a bike accident. Not racing the 51 this weekend.

• Bobby Labonte suffers broken ribs: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Bobby Labonte is currently being treated at a local hospital near his home in Trinity, North Carolina after being involved in an accident while riding his bicycle near his home on the morning of Wednesday, August 28. Labonte was transported to the hospital by ambulance where he was diagnosed and is being treated for three broken ribs. There are no other injuries. He is being held overnight for observation. An update on Labonte's condition will be sent when determined. Mike Bliss will replace Labonte in the #51 Phoenix Racing entry this weekend in Atlanta.(Breaking Limits)(8-28-2013)

Bobby Labonte broke 3 ribs in a bike accident. Not racing the 51 this weekend.

• Bobby Labonte suffers broken ribs: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Bobby Labonte is currently being treated at a local hospital near his home in Trinity, North Carolina after being involved in an accident while riding his bicycle near his home on the morning of Wednesday, August 28. Labonte was transported to the hospital by ambulance where he was diagnosed and is being treated for three broken ribs. There are no other injuries. He is being held overnight for observation. An update on Labonte's condition will be sent when determined. Mike Bliss will replace Labonte in the #51 Phoenix Racing entry this weekend in Atlanta.(Breaking Limits)(8-28-2013)

Dang, another chase driver shot down... ;)

I hope Bobby heals up quickly.

Whatever it is, it looks expen$$$$ive..

I think it's a good time to drop the trailer.....

correction: should have been disconnected awhile ago probably. haha

Is that a merch hauler? I know it isn't a private motorhome
Fire engulfs a Jeff Gordon/Drive to End Hunger hauler outside Atlanta

Statement from West Jackson Fire Department (Braselton, GA) on Jeff Gordon hauler fire:

"At approximately 16:12 this afternoon the West Jackson Fire Department responded to a bus fire on the interstate (I-85). Upon the first unit's arrival they found a bus type motor home pulling a car hauler trailer burning on the southbound side of the interstate. Engine 1 shut down both southbound lanes to extinguish the fire. The fire was extinguished and crews checked for extension of the fire into the trailer and found none. There were no injuries at this incident and Jeff Gordon was not present. The involved vehicles appear to be part of his merchandising crew."

You know there will be one. What do you think the new nickname of SHR will become with the all new 'bad boy' lineup?

You know there will be one. What do you think the new nickname of SHR will become with the all new 'bad boy' lineup?

Here's some choices.

1) Men at work....a tip of the hat to rich boy Logano.
2) Hell 90210
3) Scream 3 remix
4) Team CYE (Cover your ears)
5) Team MFR (Mother F... Racers)
6) Three Amigos (angry version)
7) Gene Haas' team CNC (Can Not Control)
8) Team Grab ass (come on ladies, we're all on the same team)

Here's some choices.

1) Men at work....a tip of the hat to rich boy Logano.
2) Hell 90210
3) Scream 3 remix
4) Team CYE (Cover your ears)
5) Team MFR (Mother F... Racers)
6) Three Amigos (angry version)
7) Gene Haas' team CNC (Can Not Control)
8) Team Grab ass (come on ladies, we're all on the same team)
#5 please. Print me the shirt. XXL

How can so many "fans" in the Atlanta infield be so clueless as to how offensive their pro-slavery, pro-racism flags are? NASCAR and these tracks need to get a clue and ban the confederate flags and the worthless white trash bigots that choose to display them.

How can so many "fans" in the Atlanta infield be so clueless as to how offensive their pro-slavery, pro-racism flags are? NASCAR and these tracks need to get a clue and ban the confederate flags and the worthless white trash bigots that choose to display them.
I have a Confederate Flag. Does thatmake me a Piece of Sh t

Takes a bigot to know one.

I live in Nova Scotia, Canada and see people displaying the Confederate flag. It doesn't really bother me as it doesn't hurt my time any but when I see it, I often wonder if they know what it can stand for or just like the look of it :confused:

Back
Top Bottom