Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Here's to hoping that goes better than it did for David Ragan.
Allgaier 27th @ Chicago, McDowell 30th @ Loudon, Truex 32nd @Dover. Allgaier is in it this weekend at Kansas. It will be interesting to see if Larson can do better with the 51 car.

1381915_10150329499764996_1329716102_n.jpg

I would put this in the Danica thread but some of us don't hate her and it's 98% hate in that thread.

Is that MWR's new sponsor in the background? :D

Pretty big increase:

Dover TV Ratings: ESPN's live telecast of the NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Dover on Saturday, Sept. 28, earned a 1.1 U.S. household rating, averaging 1,640,763 viewers. The rating and viewership were up 22 and 33 percent, respectively, from last year's race, which earned a 0.9 rating and averaged 1,229,916 viewers.

Tim Cindric tweeted that Penske is trying to put Ryan Blaney in the #48 Nationwide car at Phoenix.

More good news from Jayski:

ESPN See Ratings, Viewership Growth for Dover: ESPN's live telecast of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Dover International Speedway on Sunday, Sept. 29, earned a 2.4 U.S. household rating, averaging 3,968,864 viewers, according to Nielsen Media. The ratings and viewership were up nine and 11%, respectively, over last year's race, which earned a 2.2 U.S. household rating and averaged 3,581,380 viewers.
Both races in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup so far this season that have been run and telecast as scheduled have seen ratings and viewership growth. The opening race of the Chase at Chicagoland Speedway was rain-delayed. Greensboro, N.C., was the highest-rated metered market for the Dover race with a 7.3 rating, followed by Greenville, S.C., at 6.4, Nashville, Tenn., at 6 .3 and a tie at 5.3 for Tulsa, Okla., and Birmingham, Ala. The rest of the top 10 markets were Norfolk and Richmond, Va., tied at 5.1, Fort Myers, Fla., and Knoxville, Tenn., tied at 4.9 and Jacksonville, Fla., at 4.8.

Pretty big increase:

Dover TV Ratings: ESPN's live telecast of the NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Dover on Saturday, Sept. 28, earned a 1.1 U.S. household rating, averaging 1,640,763 viewers. The rating and viewership were up 22 and 33 percent, respectively, from last year's race, which earned a 0.9 rating and averaged 1,229,916 viewers.

Awesome, I just hope some new viewers appreciated the decent, real racing and didn't just write it off for lack of crashing.

A successful hunt for RC, Austin Dillon & Paul Menard. I'm betting that Paul's dad probably shot them for him just like RC shot those ones for Austin. I'm just sayin'

BVkt8AYIgAAHJ68.jpg:large

With extension, Miller Lite will be primary sponsor for Keselowski in 2014 for 24 races & associate other 12.

With extension, Miller Lite will be primary sponsor for Keselowski in 2014 for 24 races & associate other 12.
Kinda sucks to see Penske drop Miller as the primary sponsor for a third of the year. That car has been the Blue Deuce all season for as long as I can remember.

Damn that thing is clean, empty and antiseptic, not homey at all. :D
Actually, that's the way most look before loading to go to the track. All the sponsor names are on the uniforms, the cars, the carts, and the outside.
By keeping them so sterile, they can see immediately if something is out of place, or needs cleaning.
They do come in various colors of cabinets.

Actually, that's the way most look before loading to go to the track. All the sponsor names are on the uniforms, the cars, the carts, and the outside.
By keeping them so sterile, they can see immediately if something is out of place, or needs cleaning.
They do come in various colors of cabinets.
Yeah I've seen a few, I was just pulling DP's leg. The door was open on Robby Gordons hauler after a race a few years ago and I took a picture but it didn't come out it was too dark inside but that thing was a mess, stuff strewn everywhere, I guess they have a special detox team to clean them back at the shop. :D

Oh, they do, Johali. I know at DEI, they drive the hauler inside to the first station where they unload all the carts they store in the aisle. Then, pull forward to unload the cars and the rest of the stuff. Pull forward again to the wash bay, then outside. Really neat to watch.

I need to try and be at a shop when one returns after a race and see them do that, I've been to the shops but was never there for that part.

in Henderson Tx
I need to try and be at a shop when one returns after a race and see them do that, I've been to the shops but was never there for that part.
I was at Penskes shop last year when they were loading and pulling out for a race. I think you would enjoy it. Two of the largest race trailer manufacturers is Featherlite in Cresco Iowa, and Competition in Henderson Texas.

http://competitiontrailers.com/

[URL='http://www.featherlitespecialty.com/trailer-applications/car-haulers/']www.featherlitespecialty.com/trailer-applications/car-haulers/

Featherlite also builds coaches that some teams use.

[url]http://www.featherlitecoaches.com/?gclid=CP3V-PW6-bkCFSU6QgodP1UArg
[/URL][/URL]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom