Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

BZH0TrlCAAAzVFD.jpg:large

I guess having the FBI investigating you for fraud doesn't stop you from going cup racing?
Guess not. At least TBR is getting some money. Good signing for them.

TBR got a development deal right? Then the sponsor who is funding them decided to put their driver in the car... So much for improving performance.

It's a vicious cycle of mediocrity.

Sounds like Alex Bowman has lost his Nationwide ride. He was doing well considering what he had to work with.
I don't get why these owners are letting guys go with one race remaining? NTS tells Hornaday ten minutes before Phoenix he's not running in the finale and replaces him with Piquet (of all people, really?) and now RAB sends Bowman packing before the finale and fills their spot with...Blake Koch? Weird stuff.

I don't get why these owners are letting guys go with one race remaining? NTS tells Hornaday ten minutes before Phoenix he's not running in the finale and replaces him with Piquet (of all people, really?) and now RAB sends Bowman packing before the finale and fills their spot with...Blake Koch? Weird stuff.
Maybe it's for testing purposes with a new driver before next season. Or, maybe it is to show potential sponsors that you are willing to make the necessary changes to improve performance and results :idunno:

Hornish not interested in replacing Franchitti: Sam Hornish Jr. said Friday he has no interest in returning to IndyCar to replace Dario Franchitti at Target Chip Ganassi Racing. Hornish said the team reached out to his representatives this week when Franchitti was told by doctors he can no longer race because of the risk of injury is too great. "I expressed I was very grateful even for the call," Hornish said. "A door opens and the reason still stands to not do it. It's just any time I've had a thought or thought about that at all, it's been like very minimal." Even though he heads into Saturday's final Nationwide Series race of the season with no job lined up for 2014. Hornish believes he should have a Cup ride next year. "I definitely feel I belong in the Cup Series," Hornish said. "Taking the step back was to prove what I've known for a long time: given the equipment, the right people around me, what I would be capable of. Because I'd been so successful on the IndyCar side, I was going to pick up the car and carry it on my back if it wasn't good enough."(Associated Press)(11-16-2013)

Hornish seems to painting himself in a corner with this cup ride or else talk. I just don't see any top cup rides open and looking at Hornish to fill the spot. Sounds like he will be watching the cup races from his front room with the wife and kids.

Sam doesn't need a ride, he needs a challenge, that was the reason for coming to stock car racing.

They were saying during practice that Stenhouse doesn't have a DNF this year.

Back when I was in Elementary School, two NASCAR drivers visited my class, Bobby Labonte and Rusty Wallace (this was early 90s). It was kind of neat and I wonder if drivers still do this. It'd be kinda cool if someone like Kyle Busch or Jimmie Johnson visited my nephew & niece's school.
That was a different era ...For something like that to happen now is akin to getting an audience with the Pope ...

An episode of SportsCenter worth watching:

NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion Jimmie Johnson To Guest Host SportsCenter: Tuesday night's recipe is simple, yet untested. Take one part Stuart Scott, one part Billy Crystal. Add a handful of Chris Berman, and a pinch of Ken Jeong. The result: Television history, as six-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Jimmie Johnson becomes the first athlete to guest host ESPN's flagship news and information program SportsCenter. Johnson will join regular anchors John Anderson and Lindsay Czarniak for the 6:00pm/et show on Tuesday, Nov. 19, on ESPN. The aforementioned actors Crystal and Jeong are the only other celebrity guest hosts of SportsCenter in the shows 34-year history. Crystal was the first in 2012 and Jeong hosted earlier this month on Nov. 1.
Johnson, who wrapped up his sixth NASCAR Sprint Cup Series title in 12 full seasons this past Sunday, has appeared on SportsCenter numerous times during his racing career both in-studio and via satellite, but always as a newsmaker. He also appeared in a humorous and memorable This Is SportsCenter commercial in which he used a pickaxe to remove speed bumps in the ESPN parking lot.
But this time the driver of the Hendrick Motorsports #48 Lowe's Chevrolet will perform all of the duties of a SportsCenter host, including presenting news and highlights and conducting interviews from around the world of sports. And just like SportsCenter veterans Scott and Berman, and every other anchor who has sat behind the desk, Johnson will spend the day Tuesday preparing for his guest-hosting responsibilities.

Look at that hair, a rifle bullet couldn't penetrate that much hairspray. :D

I swear, people on the internet can be so stupid. Saying JJ only one because of the Chase. No, he would've won it this year Chase or not.

RCR 3 Truck Team @RCR3TDillon
Thank you to all the fans that voted for @tydillon for Most Popular Driver with all of your help he brought home the award!

I haven't watched in the past couple years. It really was THAT bad. No exaggeration.

I'll be watching just to see how ridiculously bad it has become.

I miss the days when the Cup banquet was a distinguished affair held at the prestigious Waldorf Astoria.
These days the banquet is like a cheesy Vegas side show.

inb4 you're not a real fan because you don't love the Cup banquet.

Back
Top Bottom