Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Does anyone remember this race? Kenseth's first BGN victory. I still remember this race fondly. Seems like yesterday...

I couldn't care less about Kenseth once he joined Roush, but I liked him a lot back then. It was really cool seeing a small unsponsored team in victory lane, and the last few laps of this race were awesome. At the time I was confused as to why Jack Roush would help a Chevrolet team, but now it's clear he had plans to hire Matt.

Cool video, toosweet. Matt looks completely different. Mike Dillon racing. Who knew where that would lead.

TSHR is a friggin mess, and I predict it will only get worse from here.

Welcome to the club. Fans of Tony , Kurt and Kevin may be licking their chops at the prospect of an easy championship run next year , but as far as I know , this is still a team sport and they have no teams . From Gene Hass to Steve Addington , there are only individuals. It's becoming such an easy Bold Prediction .

Welcome to the club. Fans of Tony , Kurt and Kevin may be licking their chops at the prospect of an easy championship run next year , but as far as I know , this is still a team sport and they have no teams . From Gene Hass to Steve Addington , there are only individuals. It's becoming such an easy Bold Prediction .

Were you one of those that said Stewart would never win another race when he formed SHR? ;)

Were you one of those that said Stewart would never win another race when he formed SHR? ;)

Nope . I've always been a Smoke fan , I was one of the only Kurt defenders on this forum and am also a big fan of Kevin and Danica . I would love to see Stewart Haas do well , but , like I said , this is a team sport and the teams are in disarry . From the owners on down . These guys are great individual drivers , but it takes a lot more than that .

I laughed when I found out Tony was starting his own Cup team. I knew it would be years before they were even competitive, let alone start winning races. I figured it would be a very long learning curve for the team.

Then I found out he wasn't really starting a new team. That he was putting his name on a team that already existed and the team would get motors, chassis, and R&D from HMS.

It's funny how some people make it seem like Tony created that team from dirt and water and built it into a championship team all on his own.

If Tony had formed his team all on his own I think my original prediction would have been pretty accurate.

I laughed when I found out Tony was starting his own Cup team. I knew it would be years before they were even competitive, let alone start winning races. I figured it would be a very long learning curve for the team.

Then I found out he wasn't really starting a new team. That he was putting his name on a team that already existed and the team would get motors, chassis, and R&D from HMS.

It's funny how some people make it seem like Tony created that team from dirt and water and built it into a championship team all on his own.

If Tony had formed his team all on his own I think my original prediction would have been pretty accurate.

How many races had Haas won before Stewart came on board? How long was it before a cup was handed to Haas after the merger? Stewart took many things over to Haas.

How many races had Haas won before Stewart came on board? How long was it before a cup was handed to Haas after the merger? Stewart took many things over to Haas.

Haas didn't win any races or championships before Tony came along. But do you really think it would have been much different after the merger had HMS not signed on to give them everything they have?
How long do you think it would've taken SHR to develop the R&D on motors, chassis, and race set-ups without HMS just handing it over? How long would it have taken SHR to be competitive without HMS?
My guess would be a very long time.
SHR is a full blown HMS team with Tony's name on the door. They are considered teammates by all the HMS drivers.

I've always thought Chevy probably had a hand in HMS being so involved in SHR. Chevy wanted Tony back from Toyota, and likely got Rick to sign on to help make that happen.

IMO to say Tony "formed" SHR is a stretch at best.

Haas didn't win any races or championships before Tony came along. But do you really think it would have been much different after the merger had HMS not signed on to give them everything they have?
How long do you think it would've taken SHR to develop the R&D on motors, chassis, and race set-ups without HMS just handing it over? How long would it have taken SHR to be competitive without HMS?
My guess would be a very long time.
SHR is a full blown HMS team with Tony's name on the door. They are considered teammates by all the HMS drivers.

I've always thought Chevy probably had a hand in HMS being so involved in SHR. Chevy wanted Tony back from Toyota, and likely got Rick to sign on to help make that happen.

IMO to say Tony "formed" SHR is a stretch at best.

Well, it is all about opinions and we each have one.

But your opinion means nothing to me... :D

Well, it is all about opinions and we each have one.

But your opinion means nothing to me... :D

I know how you feel.

Kinda like when you were a kid and your parents told you the truth about Santa Clause? lol

Yum.

y7eZb7S.jpg

Does anyone remember this race? Kenseth's first BGN victory. I still remember this race fondly. Seems like yesterday...

I couldn't care less about Kenseth once he joined Roush, but I liked him a lot back then. It was really cool seeing a small unsponsored team in victory lane, and the last few laps of this race were awesome. At the time I was confused as to why Jack Roush would help a Chevrolet team, but now it's clear he had plans to hire Matt.

Dick Trickle cumming in 11th. lol

While doing some research earlier on Riverside International Raceway, I came across some pretty awesome photos on some guy's website. During the last race of the '85 season, Tim Richmond was involved in a crash on lap 46. After he got out of his car he jogged across the track and hung out in the grandstands with the fans for a good portion of the race...

1985ww102_zps52bedf5c.jpg

1985ww107_zpsab9e114f.jpg

1985ww111_zps2f7ddc90.jpg

For some of the newer fans of the sport who might not know about Riverside, you should look it up. The legendary track closed in '89 and was the site of a shopping mall by '92. By the early 2000's, zero traces of the track remained :(

Hard to believe Bobby Labonte, Jeff Burton, Mark Martin and Ken Schrader will be saying goodbye at the end of this year.

I know that could change for a couple of them, but at this point it seems like this is it.

I think one of them will be part time in the 3rd MWR car, Burton?

Mike Kelley is reportedly moving from his CC position with Trevor Bayne in the NNS up to the same position with Stenhouse in Cup. Probably a smart move for Roush considering the success they had together beforehand.

It also sounds like Steve Addington is going to be the CC for Justin Allgaier at Phoenix Racing next year, competing full-time for ROTY.

Hard to believe Bobby Labonte, Jeff Burton, Mark Martin and Ken Schrader will be saying goodbye at the end of this year.

I know that could change for a couple of them, but at this point it seems like this is it.

Yep. :(

Back
Top Bottom