Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

RC

BbTWm2ICYAAf4Vh.jpg:large

Thanks for all the posts DPK. I enjoyed following along.

Any word on how much closer the racing was with the throttle body plate?

Thanks for all the posts DPK. I enjoyed following along.

Any word on how much closer the racing was with the throttle body plate?
The interviews that I heard were that everything that they did seemed to produce pretty much the same result. The same as what we've all be watching. They hope that the answer is in all of the data collected. NASCAR and most teams had a huge contingent of engineers there that are continuing to go over their findings. From that they hope to produce a better package. Personally I don't know how they’re going to change much to fix aero issues and still have these things still look like cars.

The interviews that I heard were that everything that they did seemed to produce pretty much the same result. The same as what we've all be watching. They hope that the answer is in all of the data collected. NASCAR and most teams had a huge contingent of engineers there that are continuing to go over their findings. From that they hope to produce a better package. Personally I don't know how they’re going to change much to fix aero issues and still have these things still look like cars.

The only way is to back off the aero downforce, but nascar won't slow the cars down even if the racing is better. Kligerman tweeted that the one configuration they needed to test with was no splitter or spoiler, and I think he's right.

yep, Gene Haas wanted Kurt Busch to represent Haas Automation, that is why he brought him in without Tony's consent.

I didn't know that.
The only way is to back off the aero downforce, but nascar won't slow the cars down even if the racing is better. Kligerman tweeted that the one configuration they needed to test with was no splitter or spoiler, and I think he's right.

Wasn't this a test for the tapered spacer?

The purpose of the tapered spacer is slow the cars down.

@bobpockrass
Exhaust company Flowmaster signs a deal with NASCAR and will be part of the contingency sticker program.

Jimmie Johnson was again the top NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver in terms of sponsor exposure during race telecasts and replays, garnering $142.6M in exposure value during the ’13 season, according to an analysis of data from sponsorship measurement firm Joyce Julius. The $142.6M figure is up significantly from ’12, when Johnson saw just over $100M en route to a third-place NSCS finish. Kyle Busch finished second this season with $98.1M, up from eighth place last season ($52.6M). Brad Keselowski, who finished second last season in exposure with $73.8M en route to his NSCS championship, fell to fifth in value in ’13 with $70.3M. Matt Kenseth, who did not rank in the top 10 in exposure last season, finished third in ’13 with $90.8M.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2013/12/04/Research-and-Ratings/NASCAR.aspx

That is a big reason why the Kyle runs so many races in all the series and Johnson doesn't. Kyle likes to race..much like Tony and a few others. Kenseth in third not only had a good cup season, but he raced 16 races in Nationwide, something he hasn't done much of in the last couple of years. When your up, everybody wants a piece of the action.

And how did that turn out????

I don't know if it slowed the cars down or not.
But saying nascar won't slow the cars down, just after nascar tested a device to slow the cars down seems to contradict your statement.
Whether the tapered spacer had the desired effect or not, it should be clear nascar is thinking in terms of slowing the cars down.

Keep the power, lose the down force and watch the drivers actually drive.

I'd be fine with that.

I don't know if it slowed the cars down or not.
But saying nascar won't slow the cars down, just after nascar tested a device to slow the cars down seems to contradict your statement.
Whether the tapered spacer had the desired effect or not, it should be clear nascar is thinking in terms of slowing the cars down.

I'd be fine with that.

Nope. They just want to slow a few of the faster cars down and close the field. There's a BIG difference. Taking the down force away will slow the cars 10 to 15 mph in the turns, but increase their acceleration on exit. It's called driving.

Man,, he should have at least brought over the double whopper, with the big fries and the big drink for mooching a couple of beers.

Man,, he should have at least brought over the double whopper, with the big fries and the big drink for mooching a couple of beers.
I hear ya but he said he was on a strict diet. He cut back from a double to two singles, med fries & a med drink. ;)

Back
Top Bottom